Morgan ‘Lance’ Boyle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We have a attracted some good young players that are coming up and we all know who they are
But I agree with you that we need to manage our cap smarter so we can get some more needed smart buys

We need WAY more than that to be competitive @BOZO , and I hope you can be a realist for a bit. Not sure if you've watched any of the finals series? Big, fast, mobile, energetic, uptempo forwards? Even the more solid players have increased the speedwork, workrate and energy.

Going to be gold watching our team attempting to contend with this without Davey, Taupau, Walker, Foran & others, but with Condon, Boyle, Tuilagi & many other explosive mobile machines like Sipley, De Luis, Burbo and many more who are sitting neatly in our top 30 haha.

• 😆
Reactions: R3
I am not sure we will. If its a Top 30 and you consider we have resigned Boyle, Vaega already mentioned as a Top 30, Weekes must be added, Tuilagi signed, Condon 'likely', Nathaniel Roache "train and trial" - then we don't have a lot of spots actually open.
I am not sure we had a top 30 for most of the year. There are definitely some spots considering the players who are leaving. Morgan was already in our list so This is negligible. We will be signing at least a couple more players in the off season I am very confident of that. This is not including Condon if this even happens. Train and trial is exactly what it is says it is not necessarily a precursor to the top 30.

We need WAY more than that to be competitive @BOZO , and I hope you can be a realist for a bit. Not sure if you've watched any of the finals series? Big, fast, mobile, energetic, uptempo forwards? Even the more solid players have increased the speedwork, workrate and energy.

Going to be gold watching our team attempting to contend with this without Davey, Taupau, Walker, Foran & others, but with Condon, Boyle, Tuilagi & many other explosive mobile machines like Sipley, De Luis, Burbo and many more who are sitting neatly in our top 30 haha.
I agree feathered friend that we need to step up and to become more competitive

I have not watched the finals .
I have no inclination to watch the top teams fight it out and win the trophy that belongs to Manly

I do not have to watch the finals to know how much more competitive the top 8 teams were than us
I have had all year to see the top 8 teams humble and at times humiliate us

We do need to inject some fire into our faltering roster
There are players that have reached their peak and must be replaced because their peak will not take us to any great heights . I hope Des stops Persisting with them because if he does his coaching at Manly will Perish

Yep, I watched him in that game to see if he actually had anything to give and I thought he bent the line with nearly every run. But then he disappeared again. He never turned up on the injury report and I still don't know what happened to him. Does anyone know??
He was driving around in a mobility scooter in a moon boot on social media on the weekend, so maybe he reinjured his foot?

In a huge announcement, seen as a triumph for Dessie's retension,and sure to bring hope and elation to Manly fans ...

Manly has re-signed Morgan Boyle for 2023 ....

All Silvertails are praying that Morgan, known locally as Millie's brother and the second best prop in his own family ... can improve upon his record of 10 games in 3 years ...
A plodder of the highest order - arghhhhh

I am not sure we had a top 30 for most of the year. There are definitely some spots considering the players who are leaving. Morgan was already in our list so This is negligible. We will be signing at least a couple more players in the off season I am very confident of that. This is not including Condon if this even happens. Train and trial is exactly what it is says it is not necessarily a precursor to the top 30.

There are exceptions!

You knew within 5 minutes of his trial that Steve Matai would be picked up.

Money talks....and so do teams with "good negotiators"
I wanted Klemmer and creighton and felt would be a very competitive pack.
We sign reserves and resign NSW cup players.
Fact is we have not been great in "balancing the books" in recent years.
And lets all be honest, us Silvertails love Manly, but as a player it would not be a side players from other clubs would be excited about coming to after becoming a pickled cows ass in 2022.
I stand by earlier opinion that at full strength and with a few twists and suprises, we will be a competitive team in 2023....but the injury stuff is no guarantee, just hope.

Money talks....and so do teams with "good negotiators"
I wanted Klemmer and creighton and felt would be a very competitive pack.
We sign reserves and resign NSW cup players.
Fact is we have not been great in "balancing the books" in recent years.
And lets all be honest, us Silvertails love Manly, but as a player it would not be a side players from other clubs would be excited about coming to after becoming a pickled cows ass in 2022.
I stand by earlier opinion that at full strength and with a few twists and suprises, we will be a competitive team in 2023....but the injury stuff is no guarantee, just hope.
Which means we’ll have to pay overs to attract anyone of note.

Oh happy days!!!!

After bagging the signing of Foz and his history of not being able to avoid injury, I'm going to resist falling into the same trap again.

I'm not getting excited by this re-signing, but I'm also hoping like crazy I'm as wrong as I was about Foz.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4