More match-fixing claims set to rock NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
NSW Police to probe all Manly Sea Eagles games in past two years

Fox Sports
NSW Police will reportedly examine every bet placed with bookmakers on Manly’s NRL games for the past two years as part of its match-fixing probe.

Strike Force Nuralda has asked betting agencies to reveal every gambling transaction on every market for Sea Eagles games in 2015 and 2016.

The news comes as Sea Eagles chairman Scott Penn claimed Manly was a victim of “guilt by innuendo”, revealing the club had yet to be contacted by police.

“We are concerned about the way in which the club brand has been tarnished by speculation,” Penn said.

“It is guilt by innuendo.

“We have reached out to (the police) and literally had one conversation and they said we will get back to you when we are ready.” It’s believed police had only previously requested betting information for two matches last year, before the strike force was launched on Wednesday.

Meanwhile, Fairfax Media reports that corporate bookmaker Ladbrokes rejected a $30,000 deposit into former Manly and Parramatta playmaker Kieran Foran’s betting account this year. It’s reported that the organisation had grown concerned about the negative publicity regarding Foran’s gambling habits, and believed the deposit was out of character for the Eels’ captain’s account.

every manly game?

sounds like some cops want some job security!

Meanwhile...rapes, terrorism, the roosters, murders, etc.

every manly game?

every manly game?

Match fixing is a very serious crime in a business worth hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue each year

It deserves to be investigated just like all other crimes.

The reality is there is a now lot more crime than 20 years ago and the numbers of police have not been increased sufficiently to cope with it

Doesn't Penn get it? The police are not investigating the franchise! They are looking at certain people. What does he want to know? Who?
I'm confident that they have evidence on their target(s) already. Now, they are just seeing how big this is and if there are any other punters that they should look at.

I want this to run it's course. I don't give a damn who gets caught.

I want to sit down on a Sunday afternoon and Watch my team on TV. I want to be confident that every player is playing to WIN! The round 7 result was heartbreaking.

From a MWSE perspective, we are talking about matches that have been lost. Where would the team be on the ladder if the fix(es) had not taken place? This year? last year?
How many games were fixed?

Last edited:
Best case scenaro is that anyone and everyone involved in shonkiness gets caught so we can move on afresh. If it means we take a hit, then so be it.

If the NRL was serious they would hair test every player for drugs twice a year and clean this crap up .
And if the NRL was serious, they would store blood and hair samples from every player. The threat of being caught when testing improves would up the ante.

Bookmaker rejected $30,000 deposit into Kieran Foran's account

A corporate bookmaker rejected a $30,000 deposit into the account of Kieran Foran this year, police have discovered after examining records at various betting agencies.

The New Zealand international's gambling activity and his association with noted Sydney punter Eddie Hayson has been of interest to police, who announced this week that dozens of players, officials and members of the community would be interviewed as part of the newly formed Strike Force Nuralda's investigation into allegations of match fixing in the NRL.

Kieran Foran has said he is willing to talk to the strike force investigating NRL match-fixing claims.

Fairfax Media reported last month that some of the winnings of a successful plunge on the round seven match between Manly and Parramatta this season – one of three games under suspicion – had ended up in the TAB accounts of Foran and his brother Liam.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...to-kieran-forans-account-20160908-grbtkk.html

The BIG name player the Mole is talking about can only be one person, and they are still at the club. But hopefully not for long...

Well that narrows it down a lot.

The player in question lost in round 8 - Manly won.

So could only be a recruit who played for another team who lost in round 8.

Reactions: Rex
Hayson says in today's herald that the players "wouldn't cheat on their girlfriends let alone a match."

That says a bit about the bloke's moral compass, as if he is saying that cheating on girlfriends would be a lower scale misdemeanor.

Sounds to me he is admitting they throw matches as he has absolute proof they cheat on their girlfriends when he used to shout them freebies at Stiletto.

Any NRL player would be mad to visit stilletto's because there would be a good chance that hayson has them on tape for future use

Well that narrows it down a lot.

The player in question lost in round 8 - Manly won.

So could only be a recruit who played for another team who lost in round 8.

There are at least two high profile players in the crosshairs. One who is still at Manly and one who is not. I was talking about the one who is.

Channel 7 news just reported the Police have confiscated Steve Matai's phone.

Lucky the new Iphone goes on preorder today.

Steve should sign up because he ain't getting that phone back anytime soon. Actually from what I hear he should order 5 or 6 to cover his mates that could end up in the same predicament.

Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8