More anti Manly from the press

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Presuming foz signs on again next season its probably a fair question around value. Especially when trying to lift the standad of teams with expansion teams

Foz on 300
Chez in 1.25

Its a fair gap in a salary cap era and contributions

I get foz has had issues but not on the field that ive seen

Probably because DCE is the highest payed player in the game this year.And without having read the article,are they actually criticising him?

He might be the highest paid, but that coincides with being the best (or very close to it) player.

Hard to argue: 16 Tests, 15 Origins, 269 games for Manly and as tough as nails, never gets hurt.

Still I cant really warm to him.

"Its me, not you"

Before the Bunny's game DES was challenging the refs as to why Manly was statistically the most ill- team in the NRL.

Apparently our team do so much work on doing things right at train that it can't be our players fault.

LOL. And then we come out and play like that. Player after player with a brain explosion after brain explosion.

Ohh DES you must be getting too soft on them in your old age.

He may be a big name in the NRL, but that’s not going to be a factor as Kieran Foran and the Sea Eagles try to overcome the salary cap squeeze at Manly and the positioning of Josh Schuster as their next No.6.

According to player agents – who live and breath the dollars and cents available in the game – that I have spoken to, Manly are in an extremely difficult spot when it comes to next year’s cap. To put it bluntly, they are full. Even a cut-price Foran deal will be hard to squeeze in.

Manly are likely to have to let go Marty Taupau, while lower-profile players such as Jorge Taufua and Morgan Boyle won’t be there. But the squeeze is really on Foran. If he is to stay on the northern beaches it would need to be on a minimal deal, or another player or two would have to be cut.

I spoke to Foran at length during the week and he expressed a strong desire to play on in the NRL and to win another title at Manly. But there is increasing pressure to play Schuster at five-eighth.

Schuster’s agent, Mario Tartak, wrote to Manly officials, reminding the club of promises that were made to Schuster in front of his agent, his mother and coach Des Hasler. The club told Schuster he would be playing in the No.6 and Foran would be returning to the club to play hooker. By continuing to ignore that promise, Schuster’s team says the Sea Eagles are jeopardising his future at the club.

The Sea Eagles have also signed Wests Tigers back-rower Kelma Tuilagi, making it even more logical for Schuster to play five-eighth.

The good news for Foran is that his form has been very good and his body has been holding up. He has a new agent in Chris Orr, who has strong contacts north of the border. The Gold Coast Titans could use Foran’s experience and direction, and he’s good friends with Dolphins recruiter Peter O’Sullivan.

The issue for Foran is he needs to be in Sydney to be a father to his two children, who he loves dearly. That would be a major consideration if he wanted to go to France to play with mate Mitchell Pearce.

by Danny weilder

He may be a big name in the NRL, but that’s not going to be a factor as Kieran Foran and the Sea Eagles try to overcome the salary cap squeeze at Manly and the positioning of Josh Schuster as their next No.6.

According to player agents – who live and breath the dollars and cents available in the game – that I have spoken to, Manly are in an extremely difficult spot when it comes to next year’s cap. To put it bluntly, they are full. Even a cut-price Foran deal will be hard to squeeze in.

Manly are likely to have to let go Marty Taupau, while lower-profile players such as Jorge Taufua and Morgan Boyle won’t be there. But the squeeze is really on Foran. If he is to stay on the northern beaches it would need to be on a minimal deal, or another player or two would have to be cut.

I spoke to Foran at length during the week and he expressed a strong desire to play on in the NRL and to win another title at Manly. But there is increasing pressure to play Schuster at five-eighth.

Schuster’s agent, Mario Tartak, wrote to Manly officials, reminding the club of promises that were made to Schuster in front of his agent, his mother and coach Des Hasler. The club told Schuster he would be playing in the No.6 and Foran would be returning to the club to play hooker. By continuing to ignore that promise, Schuster’s team says the Sea Eagles are jeopardising his future at the club.

The Sea Eagles have also signed Wests Tigers back-rower Kelma Tuilagi, making it even more logical for Schuster to play five-eighth.

The good news for Foran is that his form has been very good and his body has been holding up. He has a new agent in Chris Orr, who has strong contacts north of the border. The Gold Coast Titans could use Foran’s experience and direction, and he’s good friends with Dolphins recruiter Peter O’Sullivan.

The issue for Foran is he needs to be in Sydney to be a father to his two children, who he loves dearly. That would be a major consideration if he wanted to go to France to play with mate Mitchell Pearce.

by Danny weilder

I normally read the media with an open mind and give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to some stories but this is absolute BS and speculation.Firstly he says”likely to have to let go Marty Taupau” well given he hasn’t been offered a contract and normally those that aren’t re-signed for the following season are those that were on one yr deals prior ie Foran Taufua and Boyle,not ones who are coming off a long contract.He then puts 1&1 together and gets 4 by the O’Sullivan link followed by saying Foran won’t want to leave Sydney then the
pièce de résistance,the almost annual link with Pearce,in France.If Manly want to re-sign Foran,they’ll easily fit him in.

I normally read the media with an open mind and give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to some stories but this is absolute BS and speculation.Firstly he says”likely to have to let go Marty Taupau” well given he hasn’t been offered a contract and normally those that aren’t re-signed for the following season are those that were on one yr deals prior ie Foran Taufua and Boyle,not ones who are coming off a long contract.He then puts 1&1 together and gets 4 by the O’Sullivan link followed by saying Foran won’t want to leave Sydney then the
pièce de résistance,the almost annual link with Pearce,in France.If Manly want to re-sign Foran,they’ll easily fit him in.
Tenuous linking is a gossip columnist's bread and butter.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8