Monaghan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
I'm going to let a few people on to something here. My user name, originally 'flipper', was thought up due to the number of times the posters on this website did a huge back-flip and stated the complete opposite to what they had been ranting on about... and, i'm about the do probably the biggest one of these in Silvertails history.

We must keep Monaghan.

Orford, hang your head, you aren't injured anymore and you didn't start to play any decent football until Monaghan moved into 5/8th and took control of the game.

I am astounded at how much direction Monaghan handed to us. Add to that at the same time Ballin came on and we were dead set a different team. I will put the victory down to those two. They got us moving as a unit.

Orford will not play origin. I have a sneaking suspicion that Monas will get the job and rightly so.

I have not had too many sherberts... Manly, KEEP MICHAEL MONAGHAN AND KEEP HIM IN THE HALVES!!!!

open fire.... 8D

Monnaghan won,t play origin in my lifetime no matter how much Gould loves him. Neither will orford because he doesn't perfom in the big games.

I'm starting to wonder if Orford 'performs' at all???

It seems as though if he doesn't have someone half decent beside him he wilts into nothingness.

glad to see more and more people are starting to realise Monaghan has talent. We are dead set stupid to let him go. By the looks of it we have.

Ballin Monaghan and Jamie Lyon were superb today. Those 3 changed the game. Lyon at centre that is.

Get a grip Shane. Monaghan was ****e at dummy half and would NEVER have been able to pull off that pinpoint kick that gave Robertson his first try and sparked our resurgence.

I stand by what I have said previously. Ballin MUST be our dummy half and Orford has polish that Monaghan doesn't.

What was Orfoird's crime today? Dropping one ball from a kick-off?

wow you really are ****en blind?

He made a forward pass about 3 knock ons.. and some terrible kicks on the SECOND TACKLE that if Monas did youd ****en talk about it for 6 months.

Get a grip Matabele. Your comments are just as embarassing as Halden at centre.

Fair go Mata, Orford did more than just drop the kick-off.
He missed a couple of crucial tackles, showed no creativity or organisation in the attacking line & never took the defence on (which is when he looks good) until the last 15 or 20 minutes.
His kicking was average but he just lacks any spark at the moment. Hopefully he'll provide some of this polish soon as there wasn't any on display today. Just because you said there was doesn't make it true.

I think a few people have been on the turps. Orford won us many games last year and two games do not make a season.

Time will be the test of this one. Orford is class!!

He made a forward pass about 3 knock ons.. and some terrible kicks on the SECOND TACKLE that if Monas did youd ****en talk about it for 6 months.

Funny that the official match stats list him with two knock ons, one of those from the kick off and the other a diabolical pass from Monaghan. As for his kicking game, I saw the one to Robertson and severa others that gave us repeat sets - something we know Monaghan and Burns can't produce.

Get a grip kiddies - psychologically Orford IS playing for an origin jumper. Personally I think he's trying too hard.

I"m not here to Orford bash, he just needs to play like we know he can.
He isn't anywhere near where he should be & hopefully next week will see him closer to it.
I think Mata is taking the piss & having a giggle because it's certainly not based on anything that was seen today.

I hope to hell he plays well on Friday. I want nothing more than a victory over those despicable Eels scum.

And being able to say I told you all so about Orford will make it doubly sweet.

There wont be any "told you so". We know how well he can play, he just needs to actually do it.

[quote author=KaZa]

Funny that the official match stats list him with two knock ons, one of those from the kick off and the other a diabolical pass from Monaghan. As for his kicking game, I saw the one to Robertson and severa others that gave us repeat sets - something we know Monaghan and Burns can't produce.

Get a grip kiddies - psychologically Orford IS playing for an origin jumper. Personally I think he's trying too hard.

[/quote]

that one that Lyon batted back was a terrible kick until Lyon did the impossible. If Monaghan kicked the ball dead on the 2nd tackle... youd be harping on about it for months. I cant believe your blaming the pass for Orford dropping it.. it was well catchable.

His defence was terrible. Stop being bias and call it as it is. Im not saying drop him.. just calling it how it was today.

It's very hyprocritical to constantly bring up the Mona's + value for money argument and then stick up for orford.

Orford is two or three times the halfback monaghan is.. the problem is he barely shows it.

First 2 tries today were through orford and he was pretty much ****house for the rest of the day.

I think he needs to go to the same doctor as Jason King has been too.. instead of installing hearts he will now need to detach a finger from an arse.

I think Orford is trying too hard. My guess is that he won't get picked for Origin and then he will settle into a good pattern.

The other issue is that Ox and Monas don't complement each other in the halves.

Orford gets $500k and doesn't deliver. But Mata thinks that’s great value.
Monas gets $240k and Mata carries on like a prized tool for 2 years But Monas keeps on delivering, MATCH WINNING PERFORMANCES.

Mata why don't you take a leaf out of Flips book and face facts.

Orford gets $500k and doesn't deliver. But Mata thinks that’s great value.
Monas gets $240k and Mata carries on like a prized tool for 2 years But Monas keeps on delivering, MATCH WINNING PERFORMANCES.

Erm, how many try assists did each player have yesterday?

For mine Ballin was the match winner yesterday and he's on a fraction of both.

When will you realise that Monas is our second best halfback and second best dummy half???????

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4