Monaghan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Erm, how many try assists did each player have yesterday?

Haha. I know it helps you out on this occasion, but fair go Mata.... Orford's kick to Robbo was hardly fantastic. It was heading out on the full before Robbo pulled off an outstanding AFL-style mark. The fact that he got a try assist for it whereas Monas doesn't get one for his effort in Robbo's third try is a shame, but come on mate... that was comfortably Orford's worst game for Manly.

If you are fair dinkum in thinking that Monas was equal or worse to Orford yesterday then I can honestly say that you've lost the plot.

Just on Orford - god I hope he finds his head in the next 5 days. I can't think of another player in the NRL who seems more disinterested at the moment - Bowen/Smith last week stepped inside him off scrums, this week he seemed asleep for the entire match.

Now that I have calmed down, Orford is still my main man. This thread was never about bagging him for 1 bad game.

I just saw Monas step in a take a bit of control yesterday and I reckon he added more in attack that Burns.

But I still think he is a #(*&%#ING ($)(*# OF A #*%#&*% for wanting to leave and how he's doing it.

Orford is still easily our No 1 half but if you can not admit he was terrible yesterday your love for him is much stronger than I thought Mata.

I could not believe it when he stood back and watched Dobson run past him, it was disgracefull. However I have faith he will bounce back next week.

Just on Orford he is quoted in the paper today as being dirty on himself and thanking the boys for getting the points after he played so badly.

Says he is thankfull that there is a short turnaround to the Eels game so he can put the game behind him.

Actually I think opposition coaches have taregted OX the last 2 games - Bowen took him with his right foot step while Dobson did the same as did Tongue who went straight past him on his right side as well.

Something for Des to work on - his confidence was down after his pass to choc was called back but he got better late in the game.

Hopefully he will give Tim Smith a lesson on Friday night

Thats good to hear. He can even take responsibility publicly that he had a shocker in a game where as a play maker you would be pretty happy about scoring 46 points.

That is good sign for the team - they are filfthy on themselves after a reasonably convincing win scoring 46 points. A bit of hunger

A few players may well have half an eye on Friday's clash too.

Funnily enough the main man on friday was our best, Lyon.

If i was Des i wouldnt hide him, i would allow him to take them on then switch back to bell and hicks with more room as all the parra players will be taking a number to get to Lyon.

Cant wait for the game

Cmon guys lets settle down a bit.
We spent weeks in bagging Monas to the max & now we've jumped on Orfords back.
Orford is our captain & i have faith in him.
Enough said...

LOL Mata, some of your best work LOL

"Monas could never do that pinpoint kick to Robbo"

I can't remember exactly how many it was, but i saw it more than once earlier in the year.

No mention of the Ballin hospital pass that Monaghan turned into a try ? Bet we would have heard a bit more about it from you if Monaghan threw the hospital and Orford made that pass

I respect your views on most thing mata, but have no respect left for you agenda driven topics, Monaghan being the main one

Orfords kicking game is far more consistent and more accurate more often. However its monas who can kick you out of trouble if your pinned on the 10m line.

i think both have improved in regards to kicking, orford's long kicks are better and monas short kick better too.

A stab in the dark but maybe they have been working together to improve each others gave in that respect.

I can't remember exactly how many it was, but i saw it more than once earlier in the year.

Don't be naive Kiwi. The ones you are referring to (such as the one against the Tigers in horrendous conditions), were nothing like the one yesterday. They hit Robbo on the chest, rather than requiring a Jezalenko-like effort.

Completely different. Poor example on your behalf really.

The question is whether Monnas or orford will ever be good enough to lead us to a premiership?

My bet is that we won't win one until groom is in first grade which will be in 2-3 years time.

Kingy,

judging by manly's most recent attempts to blood young players in first grade I would be holding your breath for groom in 2 years time.

I don't know what it is but Monas and Ox just don't seem to complement each other. And just who was responsible for the atrocious defense up the middle in the first half of the game? Does this herald a return to the 06 problem of woeful starts and the struggle in the second half to catch up? Mata, I don't think you can be too hard on Halden. He tackled, didn't drop the ball and ran forward. The problem in the first half was in the centre of the ruck, no-one semed very interested in tackling hard runners so they seemed to get a roll on and easy metres. I particularly liked the half metre gain with the penalty kick. Very ordinary.

is it just me? I think theres alot of potential out of Monaghan and Orford in the halves... It was clicking very well in the 2nd half. Monaghan took control of one side and we saw Bell Robbo Hicks and Lyon have their most influential games with more ball.

Burns to lock.. Willow to bench... Monas to 5/8 and Ballin at 9.

Fits everyone in and a good mixture of attack defence experience and skill.

Wont happen though.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6