Monaghan - where to?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I'm wondering if Moanaghan doesn't have delusions of grandeur. He is specifically stating he wants to play half back at a club. So I'm having a think about who might take him at the asking price of $240k+.

Cowboys: No
Broncos: Would be interested but can they fit him under the cap? No.
Knights: Doubtful. They are happy with Mullin and are on the lookout for forwards and backs.
Rabbits: Yes. But I suspect they would be more interested in his utility value given that they seem to be settling on Williams in the number 7. Would Monaghan go to Souths to play the same role he does at Manly?
Titans: No
Roosters: Seems like they're grooming Pearce, Soward and Lewis for the long haul. No.
Bulldogs: No
Tigers: Possibly, but the asking price will be a problem.
Sharks: No
Panthers: No
Eels: No
Raiders: No
Storm: No
Warriors: Possibly. But would Moanaghan move to NZ?
Dragons: Possibly, but the asking price will be a problem.

So the only possible candidate for a certain starting halfback role are:

Broncos
They simply can't afford him under the cap. Strike them off the list.

At the following clubs he is a chance to secure the starting halfback role:

Tigers
Warriors
I suspect both would NOT pay $240k plus for someone that is, at best, marginally better than their current candidates.

The following clubs could maybe afford him but he would be in a dog fight for the number 7 with an established player:

Rabbits
Dragons

I suspect both would secure him for utility value but would not consider him a LONG TERM starting half back option.

In short - we are back to square one as far as I'm concerned.

No NRL club has need of a mediocre halfback at a $240k+ asking price.

Tigers seem the most likely, they signed Morris for the hell of it I think, he's no starting halfback.

Sharks could be a chance with Kimmorley likely to leave.

Roosters could be interested to allow Anasta to go back to lock with Pearce at 5/8.

Dragons, Broncos and Souths the next likely but all of them would probably have cap issues.

Let's hope he is open to ESL offers too.

If Monas is serious about playing half surely he would take a 50 grand pay cut and back his ability to get it increased.

If he wont and say the Tigers offer $180 to $200k we can top up the balance, still a win/win as we get a extra $200k to throw around. $180k to $200k for a first string half of his ability is fair imo.

I'm completely opposed to us topping him up. Bugger him - dishonest litte weasel.

So you would rather have him here on $240k possibily holding back Ballin than paying him $50k to play elsewhere and giving us the extra cash to throw at O'Donnell or someone else. I know it not ideal but at least Ballin is starting and we have more cash to spend on others. No brainer really.

[quote author=Matabele]
I'm completely opposed to us topping him up. Bugger him - dishonest litte weasel.

So you would rather have him here on $240k possibily holding back Ballin than paying him $50k to play elsewhere and giving us the extra cash to throw at O'Donnell or someone else. I know it not ideal but at least Ballin is starting and we have more cash to spend on others. No brainer really.

[/quote]

The someone else would possibly be Burns

Monas wont have a problem finding a club

agree, he would have been to all of them at least a few times now. Finding a game at those clubs, now thats another issue! :dance: :dance:

So its gonna be anothe week of agenda pushing

Anyone would think I'd made the latest turncoat announcement.

You are incredibly stupid sometimes, and I notice my favourite trawler is quick to jump on your muck-filled bandwagon.

Is it just coincidence that the 2 people who have started the threads to "discuss" monaghan's movement are the 2 with the Monaghan agenda??

Look, **** it.. i'm not getting into this ****ty bickering again.

I made my point in a different thread. It's win/win for everyone. He wants to play halfback, we have a better halfback (although orford is yet to prove he can take a team all the way, but granted he is definately more skillful and I prefer him) and it also appears that we have a 9 with a good future should he keep it up.

Good luck to him and I appreciate the results he got our team in his stay here.

All other thread aside. Surly you cannot be complaining because of this one???

He's leaving ffs. In the middle of the season.

Surly we have the right to debate what team would most likely want him.

So far, it hasn't turned into the usual rambling but if you guys keep making a deal out of nothing in 'this' thread. That's exactly where it will end up.

[quote author=Fluffy]
So its gonna be anothe week of agenda pushing

Monaghan has just announced he wants to leave the club. Should we not discuss it? :wall:
[/quote]

Discussing the issue at hand is fine but in the 4 threads already created there would be lucky to be 1 thread of actual discussion on the issue, most have jsut pushed the same old agenda out again.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4