Monaghan - where to?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Conspiracy Theory.
Could this be a sign LOD is on his way to Brookie? ;)

LOD did break Moana's jaw a few years ago, albeit in an elbow to the jaw.

most have jsut pushed the same old agenda out again.

It hard to prevent the 'same old' when we only have the same 17 blokes to talk about. And the one at hand seems to pop up in the media a lot regarding contracts.

However, you may have noticed i have tried to spark some new topics over the last week, most just slip of the page with few responses. read into that what you will.

All other thread aside. Surly you cannot be complaining because of this one???

He's leaving ffs. In the middle of the season.
I had assumed he was looking for a halfback position for next season

If it was for the rest of this season my opinion would change dramatically.

Mid contract UP. He still has 1 and 3/4 of his current contract to see out. He is pulling out half way through.

The 'same old' does not reply to this. Its not bickering, its discussing the issue at hand. So the previous comments are really unjustified and asking for the post to be dragged down and thus it has.

BTTT, I wouldn't be surprised to see an offer from Broncos, Tigers or Bulldogs. However, I recken he'd have a better chance with the tigers than anyone and the bulldogs certainly would be interested. They can't see to settle on a combination at all.

Peoples agendas might have been pushed out again Fluffy but it is more valid than ever considering the storey is in magazines and newspapers.

Surly we have the right to debate what team would most likely want him.

So far, it hasn't turned into the usual rambling but if you guys keep making a deal out of nothing in 'this' thread. That's exactly where it will end up.

In Mata's original post he has stated that "NO club" would want him.

A few others and myself have probably rattled off 6 or 7 clubs that could be interested and then after that we've had the reply "He is still a judas" so make up your own mind.

Theres a good topic to talk about in this. We're all adults. Surly we can ignore mata's bait sometimes.

As far as contract negotiations go.. well the deadline has been scrapped so he's quite free to do deals with a year and 3/4 to go.

Didn't mark o'meley just do the same??

I would assume plenty of player's have requested releases before some get them granted and some don't

Yeah, the deadline has been scrapped but I'd bet my ball's their plan wasn't to have him leave 1 year early. Especially considering he fought tooth and nail to get the contract to begin with. The last thing they would have expected was for him to want out.

I know it won't effect us. We are in a better position with him leaving the club (both financially and introducing the next Cameron Smith into our squad) but it just all reeks of 2 years ago when the same rubbish happened and we lost 13 straight. Bad memories if you ask me.

:lol: bringing up 13 straight might cuz a ruckus mate.

hahaha.

Well it sounds like the club has given him 3 weeks to sort it out... the whole thing sounds like it's being carried out far better than last time and both parties know what's going to happen.

He has 3 weeks to find a club, if he can't then he stays and plays a position he doesn't want to. If he does than good on him, he signs with them and moves on at the end of hopefully a successful season.

Flip since you want to debate the topic at hand why are you bringing up the 13 straigh lie again? It does nothinig more than show your agenda.

You may know more than me but the article said end of season

"Monaghan has been given a three week "window" to find a club for 2008, with several teams already showing interest."

And now is the best time for him to be out there negotiating.

Here is some direct quotes from Jim Banaghan in the Article in RLW which i just went and purchased and have right beside me.

"This all came about because clubs have seen Michael winning games for Manly at halfback. Everyone knows Manly have two great halfbacks and there is only room in the team for one and so they asked me about his availibility and we approached Manly for a release"

This tells me that he will have no trouble finding a club.

Right below that article is another one that is interesting and makes me hope that monaghan doesn't find somewhere else.

It reads:

Manly captain Matt Orford will risk permanent damage to his injured knee in a desperate bid to win a NSW jersey. Orford, who made a successful comeback against the titans last sunday admits he should have waited another fortnight before returning from injury that had him sidelined since round 1.

He says "I'm desperate to get back in a winning side, there's a risk that i'll cause more damage but it's a punt i'm willing to take to get the NSW halfback position this season. I had some pain after the match but it's just something i'll have to manage each week with my recovery."

Surly we have the right to debate what team would most likely want him.

So far, it hasn't turned into the usual rambling but if you guys keep making a deal out of nothing in 'this' thread. That's exactly where it will end up.

Flip, from what I have read he is looking for a club for 2008.

Did everybody miss where I corrected what I meant and said:

"Mid contract UP. He still has 1 and 3/4 of his current contract to see out. He is pulling out half way through." I did not mean he was leaving for another club mid season although thats how it sounded.

Also, fluffy, I don't really have an agenda. I am just telling it as I see it. Last time the whole contract saga happened we lost 13 straight (there abouts). It is in direct correlation to what is happening now, HOWEVER, it is not what this post is about.

Mind you I didn't mention anything along the lines of why he's leaving ect until baited into a different topic by yourself and other posters. If you want to keep it to a single topic and stop using that as ammo, stop trying to taint topics you don't agree with by sticking your head in and putting forward nothing more than 'agenda' crap. Because its quite obvious you are starting to get your own little agenda with Mata. Perhaps take it up in PM or something.

Just a question for some of the people upset about Monaghan not seeing out his contract, and mentioning his character on that point

What are your thoughts on Jamie Lyon ?

Very dishonorable. But he is a gun and I still love having him play for us.

I would say not having the personal connection of him walking out on our team softens it a bit. However if he were to ask for a release from his contract and then just walk out on us. I'd be ****ing pissed.

Just a question for some of the people upset about Monaghan not seeing out his contract, and mentioning his character on that point

What are your thoughts on Jamie Lyon ?

I remember lots of posters on the various Manly forums getting stuck into Steve Turner for not honouring his titan deal then when I asked them if they thought the same of Lyon there was no opinion. Funny that!!!!!

Flip i suggest you go and research some facts then about 2005

it wasnt 13 straight, it wasnt even half of that so the "there abouts) bit is also rubbish

When you stop posting rubbish then you can expept things to change a bit more but when you keep bringing up stupid **** like that it makes the agenda all so obvious even if you dont want to admit it

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2