Momirovski - please no

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If the reports were accurate that Manly did express some interest in Momirovski , again seems that they are still looking for a capable outside , utility type back . interesting that they retained Jorge , no doubt on a minimum type contract but still just confined to a wing option in i st grade on most indications . Easy can play at centre at Black Town but i st grade an entirely different proposition . Sure that koula and Tippytoes will be given every opportunity to impress but with Suli gone and still some uncertainty with Walker staying , understandable that being competitive enough in the centres is getting some ongoing attention .

If the reports were accurate that Manly did express some interest in Momirovski , again seems that they are still looking for a capable outside , utility type back . interesting that they retained Jorge , no doubt on a minimum type contract but still just confined to a wing option in i st grade on most indications . Easy can play at centre at Black Town but i st grade an entirely different proposition . Sure that koula and Tippytoes will be given every opportunity to impress but with Suli gone and still some uncertainty with Walker staying , understandable that being competitive enough in the centres is getting some ongoing attention .
I think it's more a case of having depth. We let Suli go and although he was not in our best 17, he played a lot of footy last year due to injuries and Origin etc. so there is a squad position still sitting there. If Momirovski was 300k, it's a 250k saving on Suli for a premiership winning centre; that's good business. Alas, the Chooks also saw his value and he is probably guaranteed a starting position there next year with both Morris boys retiring. It's a safer bet for him and he gets to go and play at a powerhouse club.

I think it's more a case of having depth. We let Suli go and although he was not in our best 17, he played a lot of footy last year due to injuries and Origin etc. so there is a squad position still sitting there. If Momirovski was 300k, it's a 250k saving on Suli for a premiership winning centre; that's good business. Alas, the Chooks also saw his value and he is probably guaranteed a starting position there next year with both Morris boys retiring. It's a safer bet for him and he gets to go and play at a powerhouse club.
I agree that he would’ve been a good pickup… but I feel like he was more so guaranteed a spot with us than at the Chooks. They’ve got Manu, Suualli, and Billy Smith already gunning for two centre spots.

sure that sums it up pretty well , also indicates that there is still a bit of kitty in the cap to look for some [ or one ] ideally good value additions but obviously more limited as time moves on for recruiting opportunities . Seemed a bit of a shame that Harper did struggle a bit against the higher level competition towards season"s end but even against lesser rated sides prior to the finals . Maybe was carrying a slight injury , maybe a confidence thing , seems to have some good attacking ability and very eager in defence but still a concern how he was found wanting in a few areas in most of the final"s play off games in particular . Fair to say that Brad Parker generally holds his own and is even quite strong in some departments but just that required level needed to consistently match the big guns for a serious title quest .

Rightio , even more then
Didn't mean to come across as a know-it-all but yes... big difference between someone who worth a few million (not sure exactly) versus a multi billionaire.

As far as player buying power (apart from the football side of things)... For the Roosters I think it's the connections / influence of people involved in the club moreso than the wealth of the owner himself

Didn't mean to come across as a know-it-all but yes... big difference between someone who worth a few million (not sure exactly) versus a multi billionaire.

As far as player buying power (apart from the football side of things)... For the Roosters I think it's the connections / influence of people involved in the club moreso than the wealth of the owner himself
Yes look at their board , it’s a who’s who of Australian business.

Nick Politis is a great coach.
That kinda doesn’t make any sense when you consider how many years he has been a powerbroker at the club and the lack of success they had for something like 30 years. Sure they have a strong roster, but it’s obvious that Robbo is a top coach...his players love him and look at what he achieved this year with the horror injury toll..most clubs would have been challenging for the spoon with what he faced.

Were Frank Stanton and Bob Fulton great coaches or did they just get lucky with Ken Arthurson running the joint?

That kinda doesn’t make any sense when you consider how many years he has been a powerbroker at the club and the lack of success they had for something like 30 years. Sure they have a strong roster, but it’s obvious that Robbo is a top coach...his players love him and look at what he achieved this year with the horror injury toll..most clubs would have been challenging for the spoon with what he faced.

Were Frank Stanton and Bob Fulton great coaches or did they just get lucky with Ken Arthurson running the joint?
When they won the premierships their side was stacked with NZ/Australian rep players who were poached from other clubs. This year they were challenging for the title with another rep stacked team. Even with injuries they still had arguably the best fullback in the game, and some of the best talent money could buy. Once again, this year they will challenge for the title because they can buy any player they want.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4