Momirovski - please no

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Raffa

Reports coming out today have linked us to Paul Momirovski for next year.

Is it just me, or is recruiting a below average centre who happens to play in a premiership winning side, and therefore is made to look significantly better than he actually is, a bad idea? Has he not been let go by 4 clubs?

Perhaps on a $150k contract then it’s worth it, but otherwise I see this as a terrible decision.

Yep,can’t see the point in his signing.He’s no better than the current centres and theres a few promising younger players waiting for an opportunity.I read in another thread saying he’d be good depth but if you believe the rumour,he wouldn’t be leaving Penrith to play a back up role.Obviously he’s chasing more money and Manly don’t need him nor need to pay overs for him

He's cheaper than Suli and is a premiership winner...think about it...he played centre in a team that won the competition. To my logic, that means if he comes to Manly he will not be the reason we DON'T win one. He is a good defender and very professional...he is a good person and would bring the right type of culture to our club.

He's cheaper than Suli and is a premiership winner...think about it...he played centre in a team that won the competition. To my logic, that means if he comes to Manly he will not be the reason we DON'T win one. He is a good defender and very professional...he is a good person and would bring the right type of culture to our club.
I agree @Snake He has spent the last two seasons in the top two squads in the NRL. Obviously he's been coached by both Bellamy and Cleary. Some time spent with Des might actually bring out the best in him. I think he could really be a good pickup for us. I never heard his name associated with any off field crap either. Not even at the Panthers recently with their low class, off field, celebratory bull****.

I agree @Snake He has spent the last two seasons in the top two squads in the NRL. Obviously he's been coached by both Bellamy and Cleary. Some time spent with Des might actually bring out the best in him. I think he could really be a good pickup for us. I never heard his name associated with any off field crap either. Not even at the Panthers recently with their low class, off field, celebratory bull****.
Yeah I’ve spoken to a couple of his coaches about him and they speak glowingly about his professionalism and work ethic. He’s not flashy but he is rock solid and does all the 1%s well.

Very reliable and quite skilled. Has played in many premiership winning squads now Roosters, Storm, Penrith. Has a little bit of speed and defends well. I’d welcome it.

Yeah I’ve spoken to a couple of his coaches about him and they speak glowingly about his professionalism and work ethic. He’s not flashy but he is rock solid and does all the 1%s well.
Momorovski has been in some pretty good systems so far. He's also been coached by four premiership winning coaches in that time. I don't see any downside with his acquisition, if we pick him up at the right price.

I get he might be super professional - great work ethic.... but we have two of those same centres right now!I am not thinking we sign a third similar type of centre. That would be crazy.
Might be nothing to this rumour but as to whether or not it is crazy, let's get real - which of us has the lowdown on Des's plans, or for that matter the state of our squad? For example, doesn't Parker have some chronic knee condition? Not to mention he's taken multiple head knocks? Or, how bad is Parker's bung leg that needed to be taped up to get him on the field every single game?
If we did sign momski it would be to play first grade. He's also a decent goal-kicker.

Personally I doubt we'll sign him but it is interesting speculation.

Season 10 Hm GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Might be nothing to this rumour but as to whether or not it is crazy, let's get real - which of us has the lowdown on Des's plans, or for that matter the state of our squad? For example, doesn't Parker have some chronic knee condition? Not to mention he's taken multiple head knocks? Or, how bad is Parker's bung leg that needed to be taped up to get him on the field every single game?
If we did sign momski it would be to play first grade. He's also a decent goal-kicker.

Personally I doubt we'll sign him but it is interesting speculation.

Season 10 Hm GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm
Yes to me having three players of the same ilk doesn't make sense unless there is something we don't know. I would think if we bought another Centre he would be a bit dynamic to change things up a bit.

Yes Harper who played great until down the final stretch and who it was suggested was carrying an injury that coincided with the issues he was having in those last 6 or so weeks. And that Harper who was having troubles because of DCE's misreads and him shooting out in defence.

Not sure those mental scares may always be there, he really gets shown up v the big 3 clubs. Yes he better than Suli but Hank best defensive centre we have by a mile

Yes Harper who played great until down the final stretch and who it was suggested was carrying an injury that coincided with the issues he was having in those last 6 or so weeks. And that Harper who was having troubles because of DCE's misreads and him shooting out in defence.
Yes he did have by looks of it a medial knee issue so that played a factor.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8