Milking Penalties ( 2022)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It was bull****. He was laying on the ground like he was mortally wounded, 30 seconds later he's jumping around like someones stuck a cattle prod up his arse. He should get 6 weeks for bringing the game into disrepute.
Worst still when you saw the replay of what happened to him it was a tiny bit of pressure from a forearm on the back of the neck. If he hadn't stayed down the refs would have taken absolutely zero notice of it.

Who was the last player who missed a game due to being a victim of a crusher?

I get that it's a sensitive area of the body and it only takes one crusher to go too far to cause life altering consequences.

The only reason players are grabbing their necks is because they are almost guaranteed to get the penalty.

The bunker is calling crushers with even the slightest pressure being applied to the back of the head/neck. If the tackled players chin doesn't hit his chest there is exactly zero chance of injury and should be play on.

Not only is he the only one to be penalised for milking, he had the F%$King ball!
Re reading the article I linked, the penalty against DCE was almost pay back for the ‘dive’ he took earlier the game that got one of the NrL’s darlings sin binned. Someone got in the refs ear I reckon.

At the end of the day, I was actually ok with the DCE penalty other than the fact that he was the first, and still the first, player to be penalised for this.

That was a ridiculous call. Murray should have been penalised for the second effort, how you can be penalised for making a correct play the ball with an opposition player lying around in the ruck is beyond me. At most the ref should have called the play back and made him play it on the mark.
I think DCE hammed it up but as I just said, he is the first and only player to be penalised in this way.

Have always felt if the player stays down, he automatically should be off for 10 minutes for a checkup....no questions asked....may just stop this form of poor sportsmanship.
Then watch it be coach into the game when you need a 10 minute rest just as the Eels do with the HIA.
Something needs doing but not sure that's it.

Edit . There should be some form of suspension it would be difficult to prove but in the likes of Fergogate, it was that obvious he should be out for a week. At least a deterrent

Then watch it be coach into the game when you need a 10 minute rest just as the Eels do with the HIA.
Something needs doing but not sure that's it.

Edit . There should be some form of suspension it would be difficult to prove but in the likes of Fergogate, it was that obvious he should be out for a week. At least a deterrent
Yeh that's probably a point, they will start milking the milking....but still see it becoming more legitimate if players instantly had to leave the field and it's the Only way to attempt to stop this bad look.
How about another option....if a player leaves the field with this head knock, as it's such a serious matter, that player is off for the game and misses the next week?
Extreme- maybe - but would definitely stop fakes imo....

Have always felt if the player stays down, he automatically should be off for 10 minutes for a checkup....no questions asked....may just stop this form of poor sportsmanship.
If a trainer asks for the game to stop the player then has to go off for 10 minutes. How about if a player stops the game then he has to go off for 10 minutes. Let the officials rule the game, not the players.

It'd be nice if the touch judges learn the rules as well.

The penrith Kenny one the trainer ran straight to the linesman yelling stop the game...stop the gaaaaaame.

touchie did even though the rules state that only after an initial assessment can the trainer call for it. Trainer wasn't even at kenny. touchie should've said...go and assess then I will. I mean the guy was grabbing his foot behind the play. Why wont officials just think?

Anyway Kent says....

dock teams points = no more diving.

Parramatta forced a drop-out and, behind 8-6, fronted up to attack Penrith’s tryline once again.

Blake Ferguson took the hit-up off the dropout and Reagan Campbell-Gillard took the next one off the ruck, Mitch Kenny was unable to get up.

“Stop the game, stop the game,” the linesman soon says to referee Ashley Klein.

One more play and the game is stopped.

When Kenny went down Penrith trainer Pete Green did not go to Kenny, but instead went to the linesman to tell him to stop the game.

So with Penrith out on their feet and less than five minutes left and Parramatta pressing their line the linesman says “Stop the game”, just as Penrith wished.

Under NRL rules, the game can be stopped only after the trainer has carried out an “initial assessment”.

His decision to go straight to the linesman, rather than assess Kenny, gave Penrith’s defence more time to rest.

This one action, like every action in the NRL, had a consequence that affected the rest of the game.

Who knows if Parramatta might have won or if Penrith might have been even braver.

Given they have already got their reward, which was victory and a place in Saturday’s preliminary final while Parramatta fly back to Sydney this week, their season over, will we see the Panthers or any other team doing it again?

The NRL is investigating the incident. But even if it’s proven that the rules were broken, in the football club mindset any kind of financial penalty is irrelevant. Some unknown face in administration would pay it with money pulled from a well-lit poker machine in the leagues club, so no real penalty there.

It would have no impact on football departments and, particularly, the coaches who drive the win-at-all-costs mentality. All they care for is the result, not consequence or reputation.

For too long the NRL has operated with an “acceptable penalty” mentality.

They express concern at certain incidents, but not enough to impose a penalty strong enough to ensure it will never happen again.

So teams take them on, happy to take the risk and pay the price if they get caught.

It was a moment that changed the game, and nobody will ever know how.

Given the high intensity that it was played, that just five minutes was left and a two-point difference – and Penrith needed to find a break – Parramatta had a right to feel hard done by.

For too long the NRL has gone softly-softly on rule infringements. This policy of acceptable penalties, where teams decide it is worth the risk, continues to undermine the game.

Even Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has acknowledged as much. Cleary said recently in relation to another incident that coaches will continue to bend the rules as long as the NRL allows them to do it.

Cleary was imploring the NRL to act. They didn’t, and so on Saturday his team appeared to be the beneficiary.

For too long the NRL has had a soft mindset of acceptable penalties. They will punish a club but never enough to stop them, or any other club, from doing it again.

American sports punish teams with enormous fines but they also strip their draft picks.

It is why the last major salary cap scandal in the NFL was in the late 1990s, after which the NRL has had at least half a dozen.

The AFL has had no significant cap cheating since Carlton was busted and stripped of draft picks which set them back years.

With the absence of draft picks the greatest fear within an NRL club is competition points.

While this particularly indiscretion would not warrant that action, at some point the NRL will have to look at changing the rules.

Faceless fines are not the answer. Simple rules, and stern punishment, is.

The one punishment teams fear is losing competition points.

With no draft picks to strip from clubs, strip them of competition points in following seasons.

This problem, and so many others, is caused by having too many rules. In the 'good old days' the ref had the discretion to stop a match when he felt it necessary. He used his 'feel' for the match plus common sense. But with the new mindset that the sport has to be perfect, with every try scrutinised, Captain's Challenge, concussion protocols, crusher rules, trainers' powers, six-agains, obstruction interpretations, instructions in earpieces etc. refs are chasing their tails trying to keep up.
This 'stop the game' rule was purely introduced to protect the NRL from being sued from a potential duty-of-care incident.
When you keep introducing rules it's no wonder so many of us are confused.
The sport must pare back the rule book and give the on field ref more confidence to run the match. There are too many outside influences these days, led by the Vidiots and squeaky wheels (our Wheel is the exception to this, of course).

I agree but, it's sh1t but a couple of ours are starting to do it too, most notably Walker and Harper...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6