Milking Penalties ( 2022)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
After seeing that cat Fergo last night , lying on the ground crying and holding his neck and next minute up ready to fight one of the Panthers I think I’d like to see the penalty reversed when this situation happens.

I’d also like to see a penalty going against a player who’s clearing trying on a milked situation.

You sometimes here the ref yelling “ milking “ , fair enough , but “ milking penalty the other side “ would be better.

Thoughts everyone ??

Last edited:
I’d like to see players and the media calling out those that milk it.The embarrassment and stigma will soon stop this happening.Last night on Fox,Voss had a go at him for a minute but then was praising him as the match when on.I’d brush him for the rest of the call.Can’t believe someone on another thread even suggested signing Ferguson for a season

Agree

I also think that if Mitch Kenny takes the field next week after that “devastating” injury in the 76th minutes that stopped play while Parra were motoring through Penriths half on the 2nd tackle ,he should be declared an illegal player and they play a reserve down.

This has to be atopped before a grand final is decided on a dive.

NYEagle

The crusher should be null as soon as an attacking player reverses into the defensive line as they would contribute to it. Christian Welch is the main offender.

I despise all the milking and “gamesmanship” that is rife. It’s always been there, but it’s an actual tactic now. The referees and bunker need to be much better at identifying legit play and playing for penalties.

Biggest scourge on the game

Any coach with integrity would tell them to stop it. Going become a blight on the game.
I noticed earlier in the season,Harper had a habit of staying down after minimal contact to the back of the head/neck,then getting up fine not long after.As the season has progressed he has cut it out,I wonder if Des has had a quiet word?Probably not,as coaches have a win first attitude

If a player is so badly injured they can't play the ball in a timely fashion, it should be similar to when trainers ask for the game to be stopped so they can treat an injury. The player must leave the field. If it's due to foul play(penalty awarded) they get a free interchange but player must spend minimum 10 min on the sideline to have their injury assessed.

I would like to see some particular Manly players who get up slowly, looking at the ref when they know no penalty is going to be blown, and instead quickly play the ball. The amount of times we lose momentum doing that ****s me.

Players and coaches calling out people will open the gates for unfair call outs, so no. But the obvious ones like last night, let the media at them.

On a side note, the game wants this ridiculous microscope on refereeing from the punters gone, but the media have a responsibility with this also, like the Tele's headline of 8 mistake calls in lasts night parra/penrith game. Why don't they also highlight the amount of total missed tackles, lost balls, poor kicks etc.

Society likes to whinge. Remember the good old days when you either just won or lost.....

The crusher should be null as soon as an attacking player reverses into the defensive line as they would contribute to it. Christian Welch is the main offender.

I despise all the milking and “gamesmanship” that is rife. It’s always been there, but it’s an actual tactic now. The referees and bunker need to be much better at identifying legit play and playing for penalties.

Biggest scourge on the game
Closely followed by that cat gutho.

After seeing that cat Fergo last night , lying on the ground crying and holding his neck and next minute up ready to fight one of the Panthers I think I’d like to see the penalty reversed when this situation happens.

I’d also like to see a penalty going against a player who’s clearing trying on a milked situation.

You sometimes here the ref yelling “ milking “ , fair enough , but “ milking penalty the other side “ would be better.

Thoughts everyone ??
In obvious cases like Fergo last night should be a penalty and possibly a 1 week suspension. But a general ref on the run milking call and penalty wouldn't work fairly as is to subjective and ref's aren't good at that.
We would cope alot of penalties against us because according to ref's, any illegal play against us is actually us milking !!!!!

They should all be reviewed by video with suspect ones fronting the judiciary.

Simple solution is to err on the side of caution. He went down holding his head and staid down for a few seconds. Should have been a mandatory 15 min HIA assessment and a forced interchange counted as part of your allocation. That will slow the milking down. If a player is really hurt and tries to get up to avoid the mandatory assessment, the current protocols will call him out anyway. Counting the HIA assessments as part of your quota may also slow down the manipulation by some coaches.

Simple solutions:

1. Get rid of the set restarts altogether. The refs have virtually zero accountability for these and they are very inconsistent & very influential on the result of a game. It pisses me off more than anything when I hear "milking", even more so when a grub like Brandon Smith is clearly and obviously pulling a leg of the guy trying to play the ball then procedes to get away with it.

2. Secondly the bunker can only intervene on a foul play incident, where the offence is deamed so bad the offending player is sent to the sin bin. That will quickly stop the milking because the bar is too high to get a penalty and they would lose momentum as a result.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6