Michael Monaghan is Content in the Captaincy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Michael Monaghan was very chatty at the fan day, happy to talk about a range of issues. He radiated confidence.

I asked him about the captaincy debate and how he felt about the off season speculation. His reply was that it was never a big issue and that whilst it is an honour to captain the Sea Eagles, he would have been happy to play if someone else had the job. He said that it was never an issue amongst the players and they just got on with the hard physical work of getting fit.

When asked if he was aware of the debate amongst fans (on all forums) about the Captaincy his emphatic reply was" Not at all - players don't look at that sort of stuff!!"

His final comment is that the players were looking forward to continuing on where they left off last year.

My comment: I thought Mona's reply about the website and speculation was interesting, especially as I have seen 'misguided fans' write things like - Don't criticize the players - you might undermine their confidence. I think Monas has put this silly thought into context rather effectively!!!

yes especialyl when int he early days club officials were telling me they do read them which I thought was laughable at best and saw straight through it for the scare tactic it was

I find it very strange that any one could believe any of that.

Firstly that they can read, and secondly that they can use a computer. I mean these are footballers we are talking about.

ooops better not say that one of them will read it and play crap all season.

Glad to see monas is enjoying the job and planning on a continuation of the form we showed at the end last year.

apparantly some people are still deluded and believe they do

Maybe the club is more concerned about rival clubs or new sponsors reading information which isn't to the clubs liking.

Good report CW he said similar comments to me as well. Monas will be a top leader.

Are you suggesting byso, that the CEO's of parramatta or another club, come to Alternate Eagles.com to read up on Manly? Maybe to find out this weeks match tactics?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh please stop, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh I can't breath! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually Fluffy me & Byso talked to Cummings at the launch and he was well aware of AE, :clap: :clap: :lol: , however I doubt very much he is regular poster :O and I don't think Des gets his match plans from here either. %-6

Flipper I said "maybe" It's just an explanation....not factual.

I wouldn't have an idea in hell what the clubs policies are.

how comfortable he feels now is irrelevant,how he feels in 4 weeks is what matters.cliche's dont win matches.we have a side to compete and compete well.NO excuses any more.i want the old manly steel or they can all get on their bikes.and believe me if this lot fail there wont be many left.forget all the talk about no expectations from management.management expects them to make the 8 and will be throwing the axe around at years end if they dont. harris,watmough,king-be warned.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4