Michael Maguire update

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
While some players have been ok for us i don't think they would be a walk up start at most other clubs

Kelly has been ok but is young and hasn't been able to show how good he might be. I think he would spend time in reserve grade at most other clubs.

Thompson has been ok but i think he would be on the bench at most other clubs.

Lane is the same as Thompson.

Taufua is always injured and is good for a few errors a game. I think he would struggle to even land a decent contract elsewhere anymore.

And the rest are *****.

Definite starters at other clubs

Turbo1
Turbo2
Taupau
Walker
DCE
Maybe AFB

Bench/Reserve Grade

Kelly
Thompson
Taufua
Lane
Fainu
Parker
Suli
Hodkinson
Winterstein
Paseka
Tanginoa
So we lost Lane and may lose Kelly because other teams are willing to pay more for them to play in their reserve teams and/or sit on the bench? Thompson's form has been patchy but he would still find a gig elsewhere in 1st grade. (You also forgot Siro and Api- injured)

Hasler and Bellamy were not first grade coaches when they started but they accumulated the best players in their team. Both are fine coaches but they've had the advantages others such as Barrett and Cleary have not had. Cleary has learned his skills with a minimum of talent. To me that makes him a hardened and effective proposition. Easier to win when you have a silver spoon in your mouth. Having to fight from the bottom and make a mark is much harder and makes in my mind a better coach. They know how to tough it out.

Not sure if Bellamy knows how to accumulate a team without his only trick of 2 contracts.

Even now he has the highest registered TPA's of over 3/4 $M whereas we had 1/4 $M and that is now part of the cap and a 330K reduction, knock off 1.3M from his team and see how he goes?

So we lost Lane and may lose Kelly because other teams are willing to pay more for them to play in their reserve teams and/or sit on the bench? Thompson's form has been patchy but he would still find a gig elsewhere in 1st grade. (You also forgot Siro and Api- injured)

You no Comprehende?

Like i said. Lane and Thompson might find 1st grade spots somewhere but would more than likely be on the bench.
I don't like the term Injury Prone but Sironen comes to mind when i think about it. He was in reserve grade at the tiges and while he has played some good footy here he's been injured more than he has played and hasn't set the world on fire as a result. Would struggle to land a starting spot at other clubs.
Yep Granted, I forgot Api.

You no Comprehende?
Chill buddy :p (I posted my response before your second comment appeared)
I think you are confusing wouldn't get a start in all teams with the top tier (i.e. plenty of TPAs to be found) teams. On you scale you could easily put a line through 3-5 players in most of the bottom 8's starting lineups.
While I do agree with your point that our overall roster is well under the levels set by the best teams in the comp , your suggestion that this many players wouldn't find a home elsewhere is over the top. 3 of those players are currently in ST's top 5 for MVP this season and two have been offered deals elsewhere (and Kelly would not consider a return to the GC to play reserves).
All that being said, the club has the appearance of a basket case and we will struggle to attract a coach (or players) of visible potential until everyone gets their stuff together.

I'll stand by what I've said.

Including Api and Sironen, In my opinion we have probably 12 legitimate first graders in our top 30

Trevojevic
Taufua
Kelly
Walker
DCE
AFB
Api
Taupau
Sironen
Thompson
Trebojevic
Lane

Given we're missing Api and Siro that leaves 10.

You could argue that Taufua is not up to standard and while Kelly has shown glimpses of brilliance has not really nailed it. Mostly baecause there is no guidance for him. That leaves 8.

Now whether Lane has left for a first grade spot or just more money remains to be seen. That leaves 7.

Thompson has been good in the last month but his form at the start of the year was poor. I still think he would start on the bench at most other clubs.

That leaves 6 legitimate starters.

It used to be that young blokes would have to push their way into first grade. Now we just buy them and slot them in and hope they go ok.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8