Method to Madness

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The reality is that there are not too many options for us right now,we only have 23 guys to choose from.We only started the year with 28 players out of 30,Lussick and Hastings are gone or going to be,Taufua,Tanginoa and Sironen are injured so the cupboard is a little bare...Hopefully one or two midseason pickups might be on the way....For me Grant or Matagi upfront would be useful and seeing the cupboard is so bare in the halves,I would like to see M.Cornish or M.Frawley who are both in ISP(Cornish is completely underated and would be a good organizer for DCE,Frawley is a bit of a poor mans Green,but Green was considered a poor mans 5/8 a little while ago...)

Last edited:
I love selecting a team

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Brad Parker
3. Dylan Walker
4. Moses Suli
5. Brian Kelly
6. Jackson Hastings
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Taniela Paseka
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Jack Gosiewski
13. Jake Trbojevic
INTERCHANGE
14. Tom Wright
15. Shaun Lane
16. Addin Fonua-Blake
17. Toafofoa Sipley
I really like the look of that backline - looks wayyy better and Kelly's played heaps on the wing. Good job

Ur not serious bout throwing paseka at starting prop 10mins into his fg career??
He only needs to be on for 15-20 minutes to start and is a slimmer and from what I saw he's a presumeably fitter option than AFB. AFB and Taupau are beasty, although with all that size we are easily tired around the ruck. The other switches in my list aren't what i'd do (other than dropping uate and bringing in suli), but rather some suggestions. I'm not sold on Tommy Trbo being a fullback anymore, although then again he has some awesome games. However, he is exposed by opposition teams so much and isn't really adapting sometimes

Having AFB on the bench will ensure we get a spark for games when we are as flat as we have been

Tom Turbo is just not a fullback & I don’t think he will develop in to one. He needs to go to the centres or even wing & we need to acquire a Fullback because there isn’t an acceptable option at the club.

He only needs to be on for 15-20 minutes to start and is a slimmer and from what I saw he's a presumeably fitter option than AFB. AFB and Taupau are beasty, although with all that size we are easily tired around the ruck. The other switches in my list aren't what i'd do (other than dropping uate and bringing in suli), but rather some suggestions. I'm not sold on Tommy Trbo being a fullback anymore, although then again he has some awesome games. However, he is exposed by opposition teams so much and isn't really adapting sometimes

Having AFB on the bench will ensure we get a spark for games when we are as flat as we have been
I saw paseka caught out numerous times in the ruck.. where in fact he would walk back to the defensive line even though on for a short stint. Great prospect. Lacking match fitness. It will come in time. But starting in what would be his second nrl game could well prove a dent in his confidence more than lt May build it

I saw paseka caught out numerous times in the ruck.. where in fact he would walk back to the defensive line even though on for a short stint. Great prospect. Lacking match fitness. It will come in time. But starting in what would be his second nrl game could well prove a dent in his confidence more than lt May build it
Match fitness is what we need in our starting props, so if Paseka is not strong in that department (which was hard to discover from his short stint yesterday) than he should just stay on the bench. We need a durable workhorse to start alongside Taupau. A player that'd play a role similar to Brenton Lawrence's

Our ruck's weakness has become very costly, if we don't stop this love affair with stocking large props (AFB, Sipley, Perrett) we'll end up like Canterbury in a few seasons, we've got to make sure we have a balance. Maybe Shaun Lane should start with Taupau, he's got the type of build i'm alluding to. Then again i'm not a messiah and maybe just delusional due to frustration

While I'm not a fan of wholesale changes, at this stage I'd be ok with trying
1. Matt Wright
2. Jade Anderson
3. Dylan Walker
4.Tom Trbojevic
5. Brad Parker
6. Brian Kelly
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Taniela Paseka
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Jack Gosiewski
13. Jake Trbojevic

INTERCHANGE
14. M Fainu
15. Shaun Lane
16. Addin Fonua-Blake
17. Toafofoa Sipley

18. Lachlan Croker
19. Tom Wright
20. F Winterstein
21. M Suli
22. L Brown
Hastings in for kelly and i think you nailed it .

Match fitness is what we need in our starting props, so if Paseka is not strong in that department (which was hard to discover from his short stint yesterday) than he should just stay on the bench. We need a durable workhorse to start alongside Taupau. A player that'd play a role similar to Brenton Lawrence's

Our ruck's weakness has become very costly, if we don't stop this love affair with stocking large props (AFB, Sipley, Perrett) we'll end up like Canterbury in a few seasons, we've got to make sure we have a balance. Maybe Shaun Lane should start with Taupau, he's got the type of build i'm alluding to. Then again i'm not a messiah and maybe just delusional due to frustration
Shaun Lane would be a better option imo.. like Paul green alluded to.. having two props with different body types forces defences to constantly change their tackling techniques. I’ve said it the past few years Matulino would of been an astute purchase.. but apparently he was past it when the opportunity arose

Here is my mad idea:
Put both Toms on the Wings and put our best defensive full back (W.Wright?) at the back. Put a forward (who can manage the defense well) in the 6 and do away with the play making responsibilities, then have the two "X-Wings" have greater movement over their side of the field and take part in more attacking plays (but play making not just dummy half runs) then return to the wing to defend when the other team gets the ball.
Probably not something a coach wants to try in first grade but maybe some food for thought.
This is where the idea comes from (union...yuk):
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/analysis-exeter-chiefs-revolutionising-wing-position/

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8