Metcalf .. did we drop the ball ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's the point ..will our assessment be proven correct ?
Looked sensational in the 9's though, but injuries or form lapses never came in the spots he was challenging for, so he never got his shot, and the rest is history.

Looked sensational in the 9's though, but injuries or form lapses never came in the spots he was challenging for, so he never got his shot, and the rest is history.

Probably wasn't ready for a debut in 2020 .. so timing was probably a year out for him at Manly .. didn't debut until late in 2021 for the sharkies ... and Cronulla only have him on a development contract ...

What .. in front of snake, Matai, Lyons and Turbo ... nah ... the Gutho narrative is a reinvention of history ..
He was centre in that game that he did his knee, first game of season? I think Jamie had retired. I had gutho as my future 6, knowing that tommy was almost ready for 1, but they bought walker.

He certainly is and is already the best player at U17's level - but there are "other" young halves who I rate more potential than Metcalfe....I expect Latu still in 2025
Totally agree we have some talented halves who will be ready in 3 or 4 years and they have potentially a lot higher ceilings than Luke. Luke is FG ready now and if something happens to DCE and Foran all we have in the wings is Con. Yeah, we can't keep 'em all but we will be caught short if DCE goes to the start-up at the end of next season. Anyways, I wish Luke all the best.

I don't really think too much about other club's and their contracting decisions, but the idea of Cronulla not releasing a development contract player who has the opportunity to secure a top 30 contract at another club doesn't sit well with me. Either upgrade him or let him try and live his dream at the Warriors.

I don't really think too much about other club's and their contracting decisions, but the idea of Cronulla not releasing a development contract player who has the opportunity to secure a top 30 contract at another club doesn't sit well with me. Either upgrade him or let him try and live his dream at the Warriors.
That sucks if true mate. He won't be playing FG at the Sharks for the first half of the season if they don't upgrade him as Devel players are not allowed to play FG until after round 10. I imagine they will upgrade him.

That sucks if true mate. He won't be playing FG at the Sharks for the first half of the season if they don't upgrade him as Devel players are not allowed to play FG until after round 10. I imagine they will upgrade him.
Actually, I went off too soon... He was described as a development contract player in the articles I read, but just read that he will be upgraded to the 30 man squad next year. My mistake! :speechless:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8