Metcalf .. did we drop the ball ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Metcalf is currently at the centre of a tug of war between the Gummies and the Warriors .. nice to be in such demand after a handful of games ...

Did we drop the ball and let a star go ...

Kid is well travelled .. Cronulla > Manly > Cronulla > Warriors ... doesn't even unpack, and loyalty seems to not be an issue with him ..

Agreed. I saw him carve up in reserve grade and presumed that his defence must be suspect because he looked a handy prospect to me.

Where in our team would Metcalf be playing in 2021 or 2022?

Agree .. with DCE with us for 2 years and with Cust, Croker, Foran able to fill in and with Humphries and Fainu the younger coming through ..

Just think it was a matter of not needed rather than not good enough .. time will tell if we made the right choice ..

Metcalf is currently at the centre of a tug of war between the Gummies and the Warriors .. nice to be in such demand after a handful of games ...

Did we drop the ball and let a star go ...

Kid is well travelled .. Cronulla > Manly > Cronulla > Warriors ... doesn't even unpack, and loyalty seems to not be an issue with him ..
No

Think that he had plenty of opportunities at Manly , had his share of injuries as well , heaps of natural speed but not quite offering enough at Manly i thought to nail a regular i st grade spot in the haves for instance . Some potential and expectations as a full back also but again some limitations as well . Covid affected season did not help his prospects last season at Manly but apparently doing better this year and good luck to him if he can progress his career well now . .

Where in our team would Metcalf be playing in 2021 or 2022?
DCE will be out for SOO at least 2 games and then maybe injury? IMHO he was our best 1/2 to groom to take over from DCE. If DCE does indeed leave at the end of next season to join the start-up Con will be our only option at 7 and if Luke improves at FG level in '22 we will have dropped the ball IMHO.

Think that he had plenty of opportunities at Manly , had his share of injuries as well , heaps of natural speed but not quite offering enough at Manly i thought to nail a regular i st grade spot in the haves for instance . Some potential and expectations as a full back also but again some limitations as well . Covid affected season did not help his prospects last season at Manly but apparently doing better this year and good luck to him if he can progress his career well now . .
He is a 7 mate and he never had an opportunity with DCE there. Killed it at the 9's in his only opportunity. Anyways, I may look at him differently to many as I was a fan.

DCE will be out for SOO at least 2 games and then maybe injury? IMHO he was our best 1/2 to groom to take over from DCE. If DCE does indeed leave at the end of next season to join the start-up Con will be our only option at 7 and if Luke improves at FG level in '22 we will have dropped the ball IMHO.
Our 6/7 post the DCE era is very much a looming issue.

We could of course just buy them in the market as what we pay Daly would fund anyone who would come .

He is a 7 mate and he never had an opportunity with DCE there. Killed it at the 9's in his only opportunity. Anyways, I may look at him differently to many as I was a fan.
Yeah i thought that he may have gone better as a 7 [ or more a natural 7 ] but even in the Manly 20 "s initially had references directed at him as a turnstile in defence playing in the halves , [ could have been a dodgy shoulder but who knows ] Then D C E of course the long term Manly 7 .Think that he was actually playing as a full back or there abouts in the 9 's that time he got a couple off speed based tries . Can not help but be impressed with his excellent speed and other skills , again maybe his time and opportunity to establish himself in i st grade may come even if Moylan is used as a 7 for the Sharks and Hynes going there as most likely a 6 .

Then again according to Woodsie ;s opening post, could even move to the Warriors and who knows what opportunities may await him there

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6