(Merged Thread) T Rex Charged with Grade 4, 7-10 Weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: T Rex Charged with Grade 4, 7-10 Weeks

Way over the top for something that was accidental. Robbie Farahs was a deliberate spear tackle on Friday night and he gets 2 weeks. Joke of a system!!

Hysterical over-reactions are what the NRL under Gallop is known for and as soon as T Rex flipped him over I knew he was in trouble.... but even so I cant say I was expecting this many weeks.

Lucky this wasnt a Friday night game with 2-3 days weekend headlines for the Telegraph to fill before sentencing, or Tony wouldnt be playing again all year.

I was thinking the big fella might have gotten 3 maybe 4 max, but 6 or 7 is way over the top.
Well we have to get by until Glenn gets back, it's going to make next weekend interesting......Maybe start with Mauro, we might need his bulk for the first 20.

I disagree with this but i had to laugh at one of the posters on LU

"It could only have been more dangerous if he threw him in an active volcano and shot him in the face"

****ing T-Bone

The Eagle said:
I disagree with this but i had to laugh at one of the posters on LU

"It could only have been more dangerous if he threw him in an active volcano and shot him in the face"

f**king T-Bone
lol shane occasionally those inbreds are funny over there

RE: T-Rex is in trouble

SwornEagle said:
CLIT COMMANDER said:
He should get four or five based on the tackle alone. That's one of the worst tackles in years.

Stevo said:
No one is saying he has no case to answer. But is hardly the worst tackle in history.

Don't worry about this guy.

CLIT COMMANDER there's something not right about you.. 738 posts and every one of them is negative....

Grade four charge mate; I am just making accurate observations. I said he should get four or five weeks which was positive considering the resulting charge.

Can't say I'm that surprised.

Another millemeter or two and the guy he tackled would have been seriously injured. Really bad.

Worth challenging I suppose to try and get it downgraded based on intent not there, but good luck.

Fcuk it.

The tackle last year from Uate was just as dangerous with twice the intent - baffling.......:huh:

Challenge and lose 10 weeks..almost half a season.

Accept guilty and it's 7 weeks

Very few plea's to downgrade work

Not many options I am afraid

Even a Manly fan will have to admit that his intention with this style of tackle (and it's not the first one he has done) is to pick the guy up and slam him into the turf with maximum force. Consequently you are running a fine line if something goes awry, which it did last night. I'd put it in the reckless category and I think the grading, whilst harsh, is probably fair. If he simply wraps up De Gois ball and all, or even just drags him to the ground then there is no issue. He tries to body slam him and it came unstuck, he has to wear the consequences.

Imagine how accepting you would be if it was Manly player on the receiving end of that style of tackle.

pretty much agree C and C although 7 to 10 weeks is a bit high.It is unfortunate the way it unfolded but I suppose the thing going against him is there was absolutely no need to do it and if he lands on his head god help him.It is basically a very dangerous tackle yet it was perpetrated with no malice or intent which will always make it hard to quantify in terms of weeks.the NRL have obviously come down on the side of player safety as opposed to lack of intent.4 to 5 weekswould have been right for mine but to risk 10 to fight it would be a silly move.7 can be dealt with,10 is a real impost particularly given our current injury status.

about as accepting as the bull**** even up penalty we got last night for the sharks play the ball.

Was absolute crap, should have been play on for the sharks

Is it 3 to 4 times worse than Farrar's tackle?

no is probably the answer wheel.i also reckon the massive mismatch in size between rex and degois has worked heavily against the big man.it is a real shame because rex has proved a lot of people wrong including myself and done a lot of work to get to the edge of origin selection- and it all goes in one moment of unintended madness.

He has carry over points from two prior incidents. A high shot in the GF qualifier against the Broncos last year and another one in the four nations. That's why it seems a harsh penalty.

The Wheel said:
Is it 3 to 4 times worse than Farrar's tackle?

Not as simple as that. They added in the carry over from last year, so it was loaded a bit.

Twice as bad for sure

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8