MERGED: Board Issues Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Scott Penn Told To Quit

Phantar said:
It should be no secret by now that a big part of why Hasler left was because he couldn't get on with Penn. Two monumental egos, two monumental control freaks, going head to head. Remember father and son Penn doing joining the team for the victory lap last year after the GF win? What a couple of shameless knobs.

What I found really ironic though, was that that information (re: the fallout between Hasler and Penn), came indirectly to me from the man who wanted Penn onboard as a private owner about 8 years ago. Only for Delmege to throw his two bob's worth in and upset the Penn applecart.

Let's face it, these private owners are invariably guys with huge egos and deep pockets who give off the impression that the Club is 'theirs', not 'ours'. It could be as bad if not worse with Quantum in control. Let's just wait and see.

Your spot on and that is why I support the football club.
We the people can have our say and as a member and a sponsor I feel that I have a say and I get listen to.
I am a real member of the football club where we owns shares and has a say at board level. Not a member in the Penn modal where i am a member in name only but really a customer like he has in the biggest loser club that he owns and runs for Chanel ten.

The Eagle said:
Jethro said:
Sheikheagle said:
Thanks jethro I have ignored the ignoramus!

No worries. I just wish that more people would do the same instead of getting all upset and turning the forum into a ****fight.

I wish the mods had a set and banned obvious trolls

After your trolling efforts in the cricket forum you wouldn't be around.

I would hope the football club informs its members why a motion of no confidence was reuired and voted by our (the FC members) representatives on the board.

Take the personalities out of it, if this is as reported it is extremely serious situation.

I would hope there would be some correspondecne from the Chairmen and the board to their members - however based upon recent times I am not expecting any form of correspondence.

The Irritant is a protected species for some unknown reason IMO, a few actions over the last few days tells me that. I just hope normal transmission resumes

The Wheel said:
I would hope the football club informs its members why a motion of no confidence was reuired and voted by our (the FC members) representatives on the board.

Take the personalities out of it, if this is as reported it is extremely serious situation.

I would hope there would be some correspondecne from the Chairmen and the board to their members - however based upon recent times I am not expecting any form of correspondence.

Well are you a member ? if so ask , if not you should join or not expect an answer. I am and have asked and have been given all the answers i needed to know and then some.

lovefooty said:
Phantar said:
It should be no secret by now that a big part of why Hasler left was because he couldn't get on with Penn. Two monumental egos, two monumental control freaks, going head to head. Remember father and son Penn doing joining the team for the victory lap last year after the GF win? What a couple of shameless knobs.

What I found really ironic though, was that that information (re: the fallout between Hasler and Penn), came indirectly to me from the man who wanted Penn onboard as a private owner about 8 years ago. Only for Delmege to throw his two bob's worth in and upset the Penn applecart.

Let's face it, these private owners are invariably guys with huge egos and deep pockets who give off the impression that the Club is 'theirs', not 'ours'. It could be as bad if not worse with Quantum in control. Let's just wait and see.

Your spot on and that is why I support the football club.
We the people can have our say and as a member and a sponsor I feel that I have a say and I get listen to.
I am a real member of the football club where we owns shares and has a say at board level. Not a member in the Penn modal where i am a member in name only but really a customer like he has in the biggest loser club that he owns and runs for Chanel ten.

This theory is close to rubbish. Hasler had issues with other members of the board. And as an aside why shouldn't the biggest contributing family of our club enjoy a victory lap when we win the Premiership? Seriously - they are shameless knobs? Put up your millions or if I did you can count on me being there. In fact I saw the front desk secretary doing the lap. Who else are you going to ban? What BS and what an embarrassment to see this here.

And of course Wheel is a member and so am I. And Wheel is perfectly right in expecting correspondence from the FC if they are throwing a vote against the leading shareholder. It may be justified or it may not be, but it would be courteous to get the feedback. You folks need to get over your righteousness as it is an ugly look imo.

Des had problems with the board
Crusher had problems with the board
Mayer had problems with the board
Members of the board have quit
Penn has problems with the board

I'm sorry - I don't get it.

MrInvisible said:
niccipops said:
MrInvisible said:
*raises eyebrows*
Sometimes its hard to believe comments people make in the past until they break the cover of daylight.

People should re read posts I made on this yonks ago and got shot down for it.

URM deal got shafted thanks to others, but if Penn pulls out of Manly disgruntled, it won't end well for the club.

Mr. I, sometimes you come on here, add to conversation and share humour, which is all good. When you come on here and seem to relish in the fact that anything negative is happening at our club, and then say nah nah the great Mr. I told you so, this is when your input is not so appreciated. So please go back to the kennel when you're in this mood.
With all due respect niccipops, it's a perfect example of how people like to cower under the covers instead of facing reality.

I don't intend to bring doom, gloom and misfortune to my posts, I'm just a very straight shooter.

I've been called a liar and a BS artist and a troll.

This article that I am not. Sure it's taken months to come to light, but I mentioned about this issue months ago and was called every name under the sun because people thought I was BS'ing.

Fact that it's come to light several months later simply shows that people shouldn't jump the gun and assume someone is BSing unless they have facts stating otherwise.

Bottom line is that Penn pulling out from Manly would actually be the best thing that could happen to your club since he wanted a majority sharehold. The only stumbling block being finding someone in these hard economic times to buy out the percentage.

There always have been hidden agendas behind peple wanting control in companies and this is no difference.

I'd talk most about it, but I already know the hounds (lawyers) are probably watching this place intently at the moment.

Would love to alk more about it, but I gotta jet to a meeting *sigh* my life is one big meeting it seems

How could you have known it happened "months ago" when the article is talking about a meeting 2 days ago? Are you some future-seeing Oracle or something? If so, help me win a few million dollars. I could do with the cash.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/penn-threatens-to-pull-manly-funding-20120608-201g6.html#ixzz1xDDgniJk

Sounds like an us vs them scenario is unfolding.

And on it goes....

MANLY co-owner Scott Penn last night warned that the boardroom battle at Brookvale could mean his family ending its financial commitment to the Sea Eagles and walking away from the club.

Read the full article

RE: And on it goes....

I sincerely hope the leagues club et al have a good reason for their stance, and a viable alternative. It seems they want him gone so you would hope there is some purpose and not just monumental egos

Well it's been brewing for years. Hasler finally had a gutful of it and now it's all imploding. They are going to tear this club apart eventually and none of us will have anything to support. Check your ****ing egos at the door kids and get on with running a premiership winning club or it wont be even a club soon.

voicefromthehill said:
I sincerely hope the leagues club et al have a good reason for their stance, and a viable alternative. It seems they want him gone so you would hope there is some purpose and not just monumental egos

I have herd that Penn had broken a promise to the board made last year to rotate the chairman's role when the commission started. He has broken this and they are all dirty that he has not kept to his word. Mean while he pushes for the members to give up another board seat.
They had 4 in 06 now have 2.

Sounds to me like Hasler knew this would happen after he tried numerous times to resolve issues. In the end he hhad a gutful and thought stuff it I'm leaving. I really hope this is sorted otherwise we won't have a team to support.

Des & Crusher must be thanking their lucky stars they don't align themselves with these absolute morons on the board.

Seriously, are they really this stupid?

Bob Reilly always points out that he volunteers his time, and he does this out of love. Well, I'm putting my hand up to replace him people.

+ I commit that the members will be used in dialogue before any motion is put forward.
+ I commit that all that matters is the clubs goodwill, the clubs profit, The Sea Eagles permanent viability.
+ I commit that I will work with , Scott Penn, David Perry, Geoff Toovey, the other board members, the fan base to create an environ that positive, pro-active, innovative, consistent & viable long term.
+ I promise to use my skills in finance to ensure there is no more gauging off the books (like refreshments has been for many years by the board).
I commit to a one member system, to simplify matters.
+ I commit that no Eagles staff member apart from Geoff Toovey, David Perry will be discussing matters with the media (unless it is for synergy / marketing re: sponsorship etc) - I mean positives.
+ I commit to reducing debt on the balance sheet.
+ I commit to open lines of communication, where all cards are left on the table.
+ Having to manage high level board room, intense discussions over the past 17 years as a Banker, I will use these skills to ensure board meetings add value, and there are tangible benefits (sometimes people can agree to disagree) - these animalistic meetings assimilate to cannibilism. Ridiculous.
+ I commit that the players of the club, are the assets of the club, and marketed that way.
+ I commit to use my EXISTING relationship with Michael Regan (Warringah Mayor) through childrens sports to garnish a better relationship with the council / government
+ One of my sole focuses, will be to liase with governments - I got our 10,000 odd signature to Morris Iemma, which got us 10 mill. I could do a LOT more, I assure you. I know many a benchmen through various chambers of commerce.
+ I commit to a reconciliation of process at board levels, to improve output.

I could go on. Do I have your vote?

I said as much on another thread SE007.

ManlyBacker - if you're reading this, I'll concede that I should have left the 'shameless knobs' part out. Didn't help my argument. But the gist of what I said re: Hasler/Penn is very true. My source is impeccable.

If they do pull the pin, I'm sure Quantum (or someone else) will step in to fill the breach anyway.

Phantar said:

In that case, whatever comes of this mess, you supported. You'd have no right to critique. It's that "footy" head mentality some people have. Putting fans who think the same as you on the board. Putting too many ex footy players in key decision making roles.

I honestly don't think you get it. Then again, to be fair, at the same time, I HAVE to give you SOME credit and believe your not that simple. You AREN'T that simple right?

You wouldn't put pettiness, past the long term viability of the club, or are you really that simple?

Honest question. Are you not simple, and that was just a petty jibe, meaning your just petty, or are you simple, and actually think my ideals above are not justified or positive input?

You decide dude - Petty, or simple, what are you?

Phantar said:
I said as much on another thread SE007.

ManlyBacker - if you're reading this, I'll concede that I should have left the 'shameless knobs' part out. Didn't help my argument. But the gist of what I said re: Hasler/Penn is very true. My source is impeccable.

If they do pull the pin, I'm sure Quantum (or someone else) will step in to fill the breach anyway.

No, no, no...that's your standard, your ilk if you will. You made your statement. Stand by it.

You need to stop talking about the sympton's. That's most peoples problem. This finger pointing, and media garb is nothing but destructive. Here's a novel thought Phantar.

Consider some SOLUTIONS.

I know that's difficult, but going down your route does nothing but hurt the club, fan base and team.

There should be a thread created about what solutions fans could suggest to fix things, rather than debate about who should be hung drawn and quartered.

The problem there, is there is siege mentality on these boards (these days). People would cut off their noses despite their face. People don't focus on solutions....I'm sorry - I don't get it.

wombatgc said:
Irritating Mr I is no doubt..but he doesn't
come close to the psychological
damage that Lotti inflicted on many of us years ago!:s:p
I liked lotti's posts. I find it funny that you all sit there grinding your teeth. Take it for what it is a light hearted wind up.

It's all good!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8