Menzies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Menzies played and won his first non manly club game over night.

Won a trial against Dewsbury 20 - 8.

Onya beaver.  :-[

MENZIES IMPRESSES IN DEBUT

There was an impressive debut for Steve Menzies and a Man of the Match performance from Glenn Morrison as the Bulls ran out 20-8 winners over Dewsbury Rams in the mud at New Crown Flatt.
Menzies played for more than a hour before departing - without injury - and he had looked the part. Super League fans, not just Bradford, are in for a treat.
His compatriot Morrison was outstanding in the middle and the pair quickly struck up a promising understanding, while World Cup man Jamie Langley did admirably as a makeshift prop.
Jason Crookes showed he is blossoming into an exciting centre on his first real run-out with the senior side, while at full back Platt returned everything Dewsbury kicked at him with interest despite the underfoot conditions.
After the game Menzies told the Bradford Telegraph and Argus' Dave Craven:
"It's been a long time since I've played in conditions that cold and it was really muddy - but the boys have been saying it's like that for the first eight weeks of the year.
"I didn't get as involved as much with the footy as I'd have liked but the bits I did I felt good with and it was just great to be out there with the boys. That's the main thing."
Player Spotlight

Menzies has been class so far, I've been very impressed! Our 1st League match in SL against Rovers he played 2nd row, stand-off, centre and probably loose forward too.
He's a great offloader and puts in some huge hits.

;D He's only signed a 1 year contract, but I'm confident he'll sign for another.

Against Dewsbury in Pre Season friendly (Steve's 1st appearance in Bradford colours) the conditions were terrible with 6inches of snow in the space of two weeks.

[img=400x300]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DrewBeliever/MixisPictures110.jpg[/img]

[img=400x300]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DrewBeliever/SNV33131-1.jpg[/img] Beavers 1st Home game in Super League at Bradford's Odsal Stadium pre match warm up.

Updates yes, but photos....please no more.

My fragile heart can't handle seeing Beaver wearing another jersey. It's like seeing an ex with a new bloke. It's just too much.

willstyles link said:
Updates yes, but photos....please no more.

My fragile heart can't handle seeing Beaver wearing another jersey. It's like seeing an ex with a new bloke. It's just too much.

It's no different to a sky blue jersey for NSW or an Australian jersey in my opinion. He's still Manly through & through and always will be. I would rather see him in an ESL jersey than some other NRL team's poxy colours and playing against us.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4