Membership.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disgusting lol

In all honesty mate, I couldn't care less if the poster is new or old, if I read something I think is crap i will say it
Some of the newer member may want to invest in a thicker skin if they don't want to get offended every day !!

DSM is a reasonable bloke, we had some great battles daily not so long ago

Dan link said:
They are just baiting. It's natural that sone of tge longer standing members would be somewhat threatened with change but it is also true that there has rarely Been a need to moderate posts on here in the past everyone just play nice

I said the same thing a week or so ago and was howled down.

You are 100% right in every sense.

As i mentioned elsewhere i will be taking a break from posting for a while, hopefully the dust will have settled.

And yes WAMF i know you dont care but frankly your opinion means as much to me as tinea. as for the rest of the new guys, enjoy your experience, I know I have for the last 6 years.

To Dan, Matas, Canteen, DSM,KE, BE, MB, Ryan, Flip, and yes even Big Cliffy and all the others, its been a fun ride. Keep fighting the good fight :)

Cheers Boys

Fro link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=183726.msg270249#msg270249 date=1277635409]
They are just baiting. It's natural that sone of tge longer standing members would be somewhat threatened with change but it is also true that there has rarely Been a need to moderate posts on here in the past everyone just play nice

As i mentioned elsewhere i will be taking a break from posting for a while, hopefully the dust will have settled.

And yes WAMF i know you dont care but frankly your opinion means as much to me as tinea. as for the rest of the new guys, enjoy your experience, I know I have for the last 6 years.

To Dan, Matas, Canteen, DSM,KE, BE, MB, Ryan, Flip, and yes even Big Cliffy and all the others, its been a fun ride. Keep fighting the good fight :)

Cheers Boys

[/quote]
Actually Fro, I do care. You struck a nerve with me so I made sure to repay the favour. I don't want anyone to leave ST. We are all here to talk manly without being told we are week chinned whatevers who need thicker skin?  

Taking your bat and ball and going home, you are hoping others will follow?

one final question Wam?

where did I ever single you (or anyone) out and say anythign like weakchinned wonder or anythign like that?

And no i'm not doing anythign of the sort, just couldnt be arsed perpetuating your persecution complex.

Enjoy the site.

I'm glad you are back. Your break from posting lasted more than 12 hours, you must have slept in ;D

Fro link said:

Cheers Boys

[/quote]

Good, piss off Fro. Put me in "the others" category.

On the question of boycotting membership to protest arrogant treatment of fans by the club ... consumer boycotts are rarely effective. Just tell the club your feelings if you want to make a protest.

For me membership of the Sea Eagles is pretty much a donation, it does not come with voting rights. I was sad to see the mwse forum go, as that was the way I got more involved as a fan after many years of following the team from afar without having other fans to chat with. But ever since early last year the writing was on the wall about the fate of that forum, I started posting over here as well from then on and reckon this is a very good site with a lively forum.

Membership of the Football Club on the other hand does at least entitle me to attend an agm and have some voting entitlements. We got our own forum posting fan member Vidmar invited onto the FC board last year, apparently with the task of expanding FC membership. We don't see you on the forums so much nowadays Vidmar is there any progress to report? No news is not good news I suspect. :)

Its interesting that so many people are thinking of withdrawing their memberships because of the removal of the members forum on the sea eagles site.

It was quite obvious from some of the forum discussions that went on, resulting in conversations over a beer with the likes of Aaron that MWSE board members were well informed of what was said on the forum, and in some cases it did indeed it did lead to some action.

While that forum is no longer available, firstly, it has taken me 4 pages to find out all the pro’s and cons of what people are thinking on the Silvertails site. Clearly, there is still a means for fans to express their view and concerns. Secondly, it would be foolish to think that a site like this is not being viewed by the club to see what people are thinking.

I guess the real question people need to ask themselves is “Why did you become a member?” If the answer is to be able to express your opinion through the MWSE forum then I doubt there is anything that will stop you from resigning your membership.

May be you joined to become part of a wider community of like minded individuals, or to show your support to the coach and team that go out week after week putting body and soul on the line for your enjoyment, or even so that you can enjoy the fun and camaraderie of pre and post match entertainment, both at home and on away trips. What ever your reasons you should know that your membership it means more that access to a website and says more about you as an individual. It shows you have made a commitment that is greater that the financial return. I know that after the Brisbane game my commitment included going home with shoes filled with rain.

Like many, I work and travel around this country and hear of people that are lifelong supporters of club A. They haven’t been to a game in years, don’t hold a membership and they watch every game, as long as its on Channel 9 at a reasonable time BUT come the grand final, they will be there, or at least whining on about not getting a ticket. Ok, we are mainly talking about Souths fans here, but the rest of you know who you are! My response to these folk is stuff you, join something and show some spine.

OK I will admit I am a MWSE member, I do hold a season ticket – and I stand on the hill. I am also a member of the football club and I take the time to vote. Yes, I do believe my voice is heard ‘cos I bang on and make sure Vidmar hears it. 

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Membership of the Football Club on the other hand does at least entitle me to attend an agm and have some voting entitlements. We got our own forum posting fan member Vidmar invited onto the FC board last year, apparently with the task of expanding FC membership. We don't see you on the forums so much nowadays Vidmar is there any progress to report? No news is not good news I suspect. :)

G’day SER8,

Nice to see that I’m missed?

The kids and my “paying job” have been keeping me very busy plus moving house and trips to MLB, NZ, the GC and Townsville to watch the boys and business trips to NZ and various parts of Aus have all kept me away from the luxury of forum posting but I’ve been keeping an eye on things and of course posting when I can.

The last time I checked we had seen a rise in FC memberships which is encouraging and hopefully means that the word is getting out as to the importance of fans having a say in the club but I’m not sure of the exact numbers currently so have put in a request to get an update (the database is managed as part of the IT operations at the Leagues Club) and will let you know when I hear back

Re news and good news…Whilst not a certainty it is looking increasing likely that there will be a joint FC and Sea Eagles membership category for the 2011 year/season which in no small part is a result in discussions held between Bob Reilly and Graham Lowe.

Other good news includes the fact that the Leagues Club recently acquired another 80,000 shares in the Sea Eagles which keeps that side of the ownership on track to hold 1.33 million shares by 31st October.

I’ve also been doing a fair bit re the community consultation with Warringah Council and helping where and when I can to support the fantastic effort from a number of other supporters and of course the Sea Eagles and Philip Dean and Kerry Sibraa in particular

Finally of course, I’ve been doing “bits and pieces” with Mark on the MWTS side of things for the “big trips” and we have seen record numbers heading over to NZ, Townsville and as you saw for yourself the Gold Coast so that is all very pleasing and promising for things to come.

We’ve also had good numbers heading to the more local games and Sarah Brady and Nat D at the club have been very supportive on that front

We will, as has been mentioned, be holding a FC members get together for the last home game against the Doggies (more details as and when we get notification of the date of the game) and this will likely work well with the MWTS get together that Mark is planning.

Cheers
Vidmar

Fro link said:

Cheers Boys

[/quote]

All the best mate, I know exactly where you are coming from

Fro link said:
one final question Wam?

where did I ever single you (or anyone) out and say anythign like weakchinned wonder or anythign like that?

And no i'm not doing anythign of the sort, just couldnt be arsed perpetuating your persecution complex.

Enjoy the site.

Fro, I don't wish to carry this on but I will answer your question.
You did not say exactly those words, they came from dsm5, however, what you did insinuate last week (yes, I know you were responding to a question) was that you would effectively be judging new posters by their ability to cop a spray, from you and others.
That is what I took exception to.
I have said my piece on the mwse forum removal, memberships and where I stand on renewal so I'm happy to move on from this Fro? Up to you if you want to do the same.

Peace?

Welcome Kiero, and fine words those.

I would certainly concur, whatever everyone does do NOT penalise the Football Club for what has happened at MWSE, they are two different organisations.

Eventually I would hope that the football club can buy back the shares, may take a good number of years but that must be the long term aim.

Thanks for that update Vidmar, and yes of course your posts are greatly missed. I usually have to read at least 8 or 9 posts to get the same amount of info (and number of words) as you put into one post.

A joint FC/Sea Eagles membership option would be an improvement, though not as good as automatic joint membership of course.

Have you thought of starting a FC email newsletter, to keep FC members up to date with issues of interest? (Without having to comment on a public forum).

Hope to see you at a game well before the final round! Was that you in that cab up at GC? My eyesight was a bit blurred at that stage of the evening I believe ;D

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Have you thought of starting a FC email newsletter, to keep FC members up to date with issues of interest? (Without having to comment on a public forum).

Hope to see you at a game well before the final round! Was that you in that cab up at GC? My eyesight was a bit blurred at that stage of the evening I believe ;D

I've been working with Jonesy on a FC website and bit by bit updating peoples records to include email addresses (as you can imagine we have varied ages and FC members are spread far and wide) which will all help improve communication.

Many thanks to Jonesy for his efforts and also Steve Sapsford who owns SGS Computer Solutions in Brookvale (www.sgscs.com) who has given us free hosting and has been great in his support and help in getting paypal etc set up so we hope to launch the site soon to make it easier to join and renew (Not planning on having a forum!!)

Longer term we are looking at collecting and collating some of the incredible memorabilia that the club has and making that more available to the members and wider public via the web site (some of the stuff is incredible!!)

Of course all a juggling act time wise so happy to hear from anyone who would like to lend a hand?

Re the GC Taxi - not sure mate...it was very late and very dark when we left the Crowne Plaza and there were all manner of "zombie like" figures wandering around the streets on the trip back to Broadbeach - I tried not to get eye contact with them to avoid them stealing my soul and turning me in to one of them lol

Fro link said:

Cheers Boys

[/quote]
awwwww i feel loved i got a menton :)
dont go wuth the fro...... fro

Kiero link said:
Ok, we are mainly talking about Souths fans here, but the rest of you know who you are! My response to these folk is stuff you, join something and show some spine.
Pull your head out of your arse. Not everything revolves around rugby league. I support teams in various sports, are you suggesting I pay a membership for all of those interests??

I'd be interested to see where your priorities lie. Does paying for a rugby league membership rank higher than donating to charity for you? I'm tipping it does. Some people chose to donate significant amounts of money to charities like Camp Quality each year, but I guess they should show some spine hey. 

Dont have a crack at people who support teams but dont take out memberships. Its a personal choice and others may have different priorities to yourself.

I agree Doug, I pay my membership and proudly do so BUT different strokes for different folks....I don't choose to sponsor some african kid, so in my very green son in laws eyes I am a heathen.....paying membership doesn't make you a better supporter than me, for me it's a personal thing, I feel better doing so. My son in  law is a Souths fan, he's not a member but puts the same into World Vision...so we are all different and thats what makes the world go round!!

clontaago link said:
[quote author=Kiero link=topic=183726.msg270405#msg270405 date=1277702916]
Ok, we are mainly talking about Souths fans here, but the rest of you know who you are! My response to these folk is stuff you, join something and show some spine.
Pull your head out of your arse. Not everything revolves around rugby league. I support teams in various sports, are you suggesting I pay a membership for all of those interests??

I'd be interested to see where your priorities lie. Does paying for a rugby league membership rank higher than donating to charity for you? I'm tipping it does. Some people chose to donate significant amounts of money to charities like Camp Quality each year, but I guess they should show some spine hey.  

Dont have a crack at people who support teams but dont take out memberships. Its a personal choice and others may have different priorities to yourself.
[/quote]

Mind you, to those that do profess to “love” their team, watch every game, analyse the stats and results, pore over the press to read about all facets of the game, spend an inordinate amount of time on supporters forums such as this, have posted their thoughts and views in respect of the team on here any number of times then it’s fair to say that Rugby League and the Sea Eagles in particular are important to them?

As such I think it’s fair to suggest that taking up membership to contribute financially to the team’s success and long term viability is a reasonable ask if they are able to?

This thread (on a Sea Eagles supporter’s forum) was kicked off by someone who said they would not be renewing their membership and others are debating that point – it’s not a launching pad for who contributes the most to charity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4