Membership.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jerry1 link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=183726.msg269326#msg269326 date=1277443859]
All you people who aren't members because The Club doesn't want to supply a web site for your own edification are just sooks.  Piss off all of you you weak over-weaned s***tzers.  When I first joined you got nothing except the tickets, and were glad for that.  Pay up or go.  Stop your snivelling.  Seems that with the demise of the official web-site all the weak-chinned sooks have migrated over here.  Pity.   

If you buy a cheeseburger & get given a bun without the burger only the week assed sooks don't complain.

Blow it out of your ass.

edited t make it not so personal.

[/quote]

The "burger" in your analogy is the continued presence of your team in the NRL which is the reason you ordered the cheeseburger in the first place, the MWSE Forum was more like the slice of gherkin. If you want a gherkin on a bun, order one.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Jerry1 link=topic=183726.msg269931#msg269931 date=1277545727]
All you people who aren't members because The Club doesn't want to supply a web site for your own edification are just sooks.  Piss off all of you you weak over-weaned s***tzers.  When I first joined you got nothing except the tickets, and were glad for that.  Pay up or go.  Stop your snivelling.  Seems that with the demise of the official web-site all the weak-chinned sooks have migrated over here.  Pity.   

If you buy a cheeseburger & get given a bun without the burger only the week assed sooks don't complain.

Blow it out of your ass.

[/quote]

The "burger" in your analogy is the continued presence of your team in the NRL which is the reason you ordered the cheeseburger in the first place, the MWSE Forum was more like the slice of gherkin. If you want a gherkin on a bun, order one.
[/quote]
Na - you don't understand do you. It's not about learning to live without the burger it's about being cheated out of it.

If it wasn't part of the deal I wouldn't be complaining but it was. We were robbed of something we paid for. Something that was agreed to & for me was important. More than the gherkin - it was the chunk of meat with the cheese. For some it may have been a seed that fell off the bun but to others it was a community of like minded people.

I've attended nearly every match over the last ten years that I could drive to. It is rare for me not to have 3 or 4 kids in the car with me. The club makes a lot more out of me than the average punter.

I have no intention of stopping going but whilst the current attitude of tuff luck remains with the management of the club I will not be shelling out money in advance.

You can't see it, OK, whatever - go work with the management of the club & alienate a big swadge of paying members & then blindly hope they will sign up next season & forget broken promises.

DSM5 link said:
No, WAMF it isn't.  What I'm trying to say is if the membership of the club hangs of the access to a club blog site, then your loyalty is frail.  And I'd certainly say that to your face.  
DSM5 link said:
No, WAMF it isn't.  What I'm trying to say is if the membership of the club hangs of the access to a club blog site, then your loyalty is frail.  And I'd certainly say that to your face.  
If you don't like your forum what are you doing here then.
??????????????
5678 posts.
Thats a lot of dribble.
Full of it.

Chip & Chase link said:

Blow it out of your ass.

[/quote]

[/quote]

The forum is closed, get over it.

If you don't want to renew your membership, that is your personal financial decision, you don't discuss your other personal financial decisions with us, so why this one?

Let's get back to talking about the footy and our team.

Chip & Chase link said:

Blow it out of your ass.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dude,that post is gold lol,it was the gherkin!!!! :D im in tears laughing

I reckon the club will find that the merchandise sales (and the auctions) over the internet will drop off significantly now that no-one is over there.

I don't know why you guys are saying that you were robbed or cheated.  I guess you guys must have gone into buying your membership blindly without reading the Terms and Conditions.  Like I said in the other thread (except in the other thread I used Paragraph instead of clause):

Although it would have been more friendly of them to remove the forum at seasons end after some forewarning, I guess with all of the headaches that it was causing them that they just decided to execute their right to utilise clause 23 in the Terms & Conditions that you would have agreed to when you took out your membership just to end their problem.  Clause 23 states:

23. Membership Benefits - The Sea Eagles reserve the right to add, change or delete benefits from any membership category offered in the 2010 season without prior warning.

http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/membership.asp#TnC

Agree Jethro, they were perfectly within their rights to remove the forum. I don't think anyone here is complaining that they have done so (I, for example, am really happy they did in the end because this site is far superior). The main reason for the bitterness is the fact that membership is supposed to bring a community together, but what the administration managed to do was make the members who valued that forum feel alienated and undervalued.

As I've said in another post, the administration isn't doing a great job of encouraging us to be members. Those who say that the people who are complaining are soft and are not loyal for threatening to not renew our website are also thinking short term; If the administration can't get it right with long term members, how do they plan to keep the club afloat in the long term.

Jethro link said:
I don't know why you guys are saying that you were robbed or cheated.  I guess you guys must have gone into buying your membership blindly without reading the Terms and Conditions.  Like I said in the other thread (except in the other thread I used Paragraph instead of clause):

Although it would have been more friendly of them to remove the forum at seasons end after some forewarning, I guess with all of the headaches that it was causing them that they just decided to execute their right to utilise clause 23 in the Terms & Conditions that you would have agreed to when you took out your membership just to end their problem.  Clause 23 states:

23. Membership Benefits - The Sea Eagles reserve the right to add, change or delete benefits from any membership category offered in the 2010 season without prior warning.

http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/membership.asp#TnC

They were still advertising it as a membership benefit after the forum had been shut down.

Also the disclaimers means nothing - you have statuary rights when you purchase a product or service that can not be revoked by a statement as we reserve the right to not provide the service we are contracted to provide.

My thought on this is simple. As vidmar explained the forum had no support at board level as the board had copped a spray or 9 so it was axed. I get all the boards confused at times so dont quote me 100 %Thinking hard about that, we have 2 girls on the board and ive never heard a bad word about either of them. We have to peters on the boards, again no dramas there, theres 2 bobs, never a bad word there as well. pretty much leaving the penns and delmeges. No doubt that they have had some publicity that may dent an ego or two and mostly unfounded as well.Some fans were wankers last year about these 2 great saviors and deserve uppercuts.Essentially the real villans in this saga was whoever was leaking behind the scenes information  to the media in last years popularity contest. Whoever the leak was, has done more harm than 100 forums could ever had.Shame on that agenda driven leak. Its also my understanding that if manly finish in the red these families dig deep and pay the bills. Again dont quote me, but if its the case they have effectively made a decision that if members leave they are prepared to dig deeper to make ends meet. They have a commitment to. So if this is close to the truth 50 members leaving or 500 is not going to be the loss of Manly, just the loss of coin to people who have had a hand in the decision. Just want to go on the record here and say the FC is different and needs our coin so we can stand alone again one day.

guys whilst this is free and open forum, I wont tolerate people all being assholes to each other over nothing.

[quote author=Dan link=topic=183726.msg270182#msg270182 date=1277625626]
guys whilst this is free and open forum, I wont tolerate people all being assholes to each other over nothing.

Applaud

We also have never really had to clean up this site or move and delete many posts, I hope that doesnt start now

Dan link said:
I wont tolerate people all being assholes to each other over nothing.
Yes you will. I pointed out a week ago that the attitude of some of the 'seasoned' posters here towards the newbies is nothing short of disgusting. What's changed?

They are just baiting. It's natural that sone of tge longer standing members would be somewhat threatened with change but it is also true that there has rarely Been a need to moderate posts on here in the past everyone just play nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4