Membership.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe as a group of individuals who love this great club we choose whether we are a fan or a supporter. The words are descriptive enough, the supporter supports the club by being a financial contributor and the fan follows the exploits of the teams with their usual passion.

For all of the reasons that have been stated by others I will choose to remain a Supporter, however the culture of this great club seems to be changing and the changes seem to coincide with the departure of Grant Mayer and subsequently Aaron Markie.

The club of course has every right to choose their CEO & Membership Manager, however the new incumbents could learn a lot from their predecessors.

DSM5 link said:
All you people who aren't members because The Club doesn't want to supply a web site for your own edification are just sooks.  Piss off all of you you weak over-weaned s***tzers.  When I first joined you got nothing except the tickets, and were glad for that.  Pay up or go.  Stop your snivelling.  Seems that with the demise of the official web-site all the weak-chinned sooks have migrated over here.  Pity.   

Haha. Appluad for you. 

Id love to have the money to be a member,i love this club and have always been there for the manly warringah sea eagles,noone i know doesnt know this is my team,i make it known

i have posted this in another post but felt it belonged here as well.

It certainly is a tough one. I am a member who has his nose out of joint regarding the forum.Its not because there is no forum, as I can have that here, essentially I havnt lost the ability to talk manly with manly minded folk.But I do feel misled or maybe incidental is a better word.

While I totally understand Manlys right and maybe even there need to close the forum, the execution has been poor. I have sent my emails to sarah and included zorb and lowey in the mix. One email was addressed by the club and the other has gone through to the keeper unanswered. I hope its in the too hard basket rather than the, not this basket case again basket. To be honest it pained me to have to send anything negative to the club I adore and always have. But I just felt wronged

While I understand the reasoning that vidmar has explained to us all, the lack of empathy shown by the club to its members has been pretty hard to Ignore. Even now my Inbox is full of des's diary and match info but nothing hearfelt from the club explaining to its members that unfortunately it was a decision the club had to make. Nothing but corporate blah. Lets face it, if you want to sell me a rotten fish you better have a sales pitch and chuck in some fries .

I have recieved an email from the club stating that the forum was not part of membership and just and added bonus and printed material sent to fans supports this.They also admit that Information on the website did include it as a benefit but we have since changed that to reflect our new policy. If that isnt gobblydegook than what is. Thankyou once again for treating me like an idiot. Ill make sure I order a dickhe#d hat with my next jersey

Right or wrong, renew or not, good or bad there is just no escaping this feeling I have in my stomach for the way this has been handled.Time heals most wounds and only time will tell, but deep down i ask myself how things can go from such a high to such a low so quickly. If others are able to shake this off without missing a beat then I applaud you.Maybe as a manly fan i should have thicker skin by now but everyone is different. I dont expect everyone to get it

There is no doubt the club has dealt with this in an attitude that is very unbecomming toward its fans, and while everyone makes mistakes in the heat of battle there refusal to re visit the situation and deal with the members on a more personal nature is what sticks in my craw .

The closure of the members forum stinks of preciousness from players,most likely Bailey because every second thread was about how bad he is as a player and what a waste of so much cap etc,He and the rest of the players have a right to know we as fans shudder when this type of player handles the ball,it tells him "hang on its not just in my head,i have an issue and i desperately need to address it"

Whoever was at the head of the closing of that forum made a judgement call and the resulting email was pathetic,alot of the male supporters and members have laced a boot and have watched that much football we can tell when the heart isnt in it and im sure the female supporters/members can tell to as they have probably watch as many games as us guys have,it was all good and well to bad T Rex last year,he didnt appear to have any heart or care in the world but what was low by some posters was bagging the absolute **** out of Ox,he never was the games best player however you could tell that every stupid mistake he made hurt him emotionally,he didnt need to be bagged because basically he was bagging himself more than you could possibly imagine

Needless to say the whole operation could have been handled alot better and i think the diplomacy in the situation was rubbish

DSM5 link said:
All you people who aren't members because The Club doesn't want to supply a web site for your own edification are just sooks.  Piss off all of you you weak over-weaned s***tzers.  When I first joined you got nothing except the tickets, and were glad for that.  Pay up or go.  Stop your snivelling.  Seems that with the demise of the official web-site all the weak-chinned sooks have migrated over here.  Pity.   

Amen to that!!!

DSM5 link said:
All you people who aren't members because The Club doesn't want to supply a web site for your own edification are just sooks.  Piss off all of you you weak over-weaned s***tzers.  When I first joined you got nothing except the tickets, and were glad for that.  Pay up or go.  Stop your snivelling.  Seems that with the demise of the official web-site all the weak-chinned sooks have migrated over here.  Pity.    
DSM5, Your argument would actually hold some weight if only the forum wasn't part of a package some fans purchased.

If foxtel removed a channel or 2 from your subscription(let's say fox sports 2) and offers you nothing in return whilst charging the original amount you agreed too, would you not have a whinge and want to find out why?

DSM5 link said:
All you people who aren't members because The Club doesn't want to supply a web site for your own edification are just sooks.  Piss off all of you you weak over-weaned s***tzers.  When I first joined you got nothing except the tickets, and were glad for that.  Pay up or go.  Stop your snivelling.  Seems that with the demise of the official web-site all the weak-chinned sooks have migrated over here.  Pity.    

If you buy a cheeseburger & get given a bun without the burger only the week assed sooks don't complain.

Blow it out of your ass.

edited t make it not so personal.

You seriously got your membership to use a forum ?

I buy a membership to support my club, removing a forum alters that in no way at all

KE, for the upteenth time, it's how it was done, not the fact that they decided to remove the forum.
What do you say to those supporters that aren't members but could afford to be?
Don't bag existing members for feeling like they have been robbed of a benefit they were sold.

I say get off your arse and become a member if you can afford it, quite simple really

I would join if there were no benefits personally, not renewing over a forum just seems petty to me, regardless of how it was done. I got banned many times over there a while ago, and got hold of the club, got an explanation, sorted it out and moved on

'Robbed of a benefit they were sold', have a cry you sooks.  And get of this site.  It's for those who can take the hits you weak chinned pussies.   

DSM5 link said:
'Robbed of a benefit they were sold', have a cry you sooks.  And get of this site.  It's for those who can take the hits you weak chinned pussies.   
I doubt you would say exactly that to my face.
Just watch exactly who you call pussies, you keyboard hero.

I just hope the club withhold your cap next year WAMF.  That'll see you scuttle off to find an new club.

No, WAMF it isn't.  What I'm trying to say is if the membership of the club hangs of the access to a club blog site, then your loyalty is frail.  And I'd certainly say that to your face. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4