Members Council

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
The Member Council was always going to be a mere marketing ploy.:nerd:

Not sure why anyone would believe that a private company would be directed by fans, no matter their history and passion for Manly.:think:

Owners will do what they want and we have to adapt our expectations :nod:

Sounds like a champion.

Well he does have a head shaped like a spark plug.

download.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know how the members council representatives were selected, I am always a little sceptical when such a committee is formed before anyone outside of it is aware it is being formed

Does anyone know how the members council representatives were selected, I am always a little sceptical when such a committee is formed before anyone outside of it is aware it is being formed

The club put out correspondence from their social media accounts and via email, asking for those interested in becoming a part of the Council to complete some short answered questions around why they felt they would be suited to the role etc. From that point I would assume those within the club shortlisted those responses to form a group of 20 members to form the council.

I was selected, and have never really had any great deal of contact with staff etc prior to that point.

The club put out correspondence from their social media accounts and via email, asking for those interested in becoming a part of the Council to complete some short answered questions around why they felt they would be suited to the role etc. From that point I would assume those within the club shortlisted those responses to form a group of 20 members to form the council.

I was selected, and have never really had any great deal of contact with staff etc prior to that point.

Thanks for the update. Weird, I can't find anything in my emails and don't do social media so wasn't aware at all

'Please explain!' Mark Levy launches on Manly Sea Eagles board
"You're not running a dictatorship, you're running a rugby league club."

Macquarie Sports Radio Breakfast
host Mark Levy has let fly on the Manly Sea Eagles board asking the club for a "please explain" - after "the basketcase" that was the 2018 season - which saw a string of dramas impact the besieged rugby league club.

Also a member of 2GB's The Continuous Call Team, Levy alongside former NRL star Mark Riddell criticised the club for banning a club member from the official Manly Members Council.

The alleged victim of the saga Cameron Saba has reportedly been banned after speaking out on the club's coaching dramas, with Manly instead suggesting “he doesn’t uphold the values of the Sea Eagles.”

It's an all too familiar response from club officials, with Manly coach Trent Barrett copping the same treatment from Chairman Scott Penn after the powerbroker accused Barrett of not acting “in the spirit of the club” in the midst of the coaching issues late this season.

The respected radio broadcaster took aim at the likes of Penn, CEO Lyall Gorman and the board for their actions on his show this morning.

"I've made no secret of the fact that the Manly Sea Eagles are a complete basketcase at the moment, there's no leadership at the NRL club," Levy said.

"The chief executive Lyall Gorman has been missing in action throughout the coaching saga involving Trent Barrett - who as we know has asked for a release from his contract with the club.

"Now it's gone very quiet on the northern beaches and the die-hard fans are still in the dark and as the legendary Jack Gibson once said 'success starts in the front office'.

"Well, the front office at the Manly Sea Eagles at the moment mirrors Stardust Circus.

"Mr Gorman is the ringmaster, but he's too afraid to front up and answer tough questions, he instead leaves it to the players to bluff their way through interviews."

The lack of action from the big boys on the northern beaches has left fans searching for answers.

It's resulted in record-low attendance by fans at Lottoland with average crowds at the venue, the worst they have been in 50 years. The club's home crowd average at Lottoland this season was just 8,630 fans.

It's not surprising the Sea Eagles finished second-last on the ladder in 2018.

Levy launched after club member Saba was allegedly kicked-off the Members Council for speaking about the coaching woes weeks ago on the Breakfast show

"If it's true, they are obviously running a dictatorship on the northern beaches, the only thing missing is Kim Jong Un and a North Korean Flag," Levy said.

"I've asked the club for a please explain because that's not how you treat a member and a proud, passionate supporter of the club.

"If he's been punished for speaking to us about the coaching dramas, that's simply unacceptable.

"Who do these people think they are trying to gag supporters from expressing their concerns?”

The Manly Members Council is said to be run by the club with a number of candidates vying for a position on the Council.

The Sea Eagles have refused to comment on the issue, instead claiming it is a private matter between the member and the club.

Levy also called for Penn to invest in the club to improve the poor facilities coach Trent Barrett exposed to the rugby league world at great length earlier this season.

"If the alarm bells aren't ringing for the hierarchy at Manly, they should be," Levy said.

"The owner Scott Penn continues to talk tough and promise all these state of the art facilities, but it's quite clear to me and to the supporters, he's all talk, no action.

The coaching saga wasn't the only drama of the 2018 season, with an ongoing salary cap scandal rocking the club.

While, the Gladstone strip club drama which eventually resulted in former Sea Eagles Jackson Hastings losing the support of the playing group following a dust up with Daly Cherry-Evans did not help the club's cause.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...orman-trent-barrett/q00h3dgcvft817f5cyb0km46r

Good oh ..... I heard that it was Barrett's fault that Penn bought the club ......

'Please explain!' Mark Levy launches on Manly Sea Eagles board
"You're not running a dictatorship, you're running a rugby league club."

Macquarie Sports Radio Breakfast
host Mark Levy has let fly on the Manly Sea Eagles board asking the club for a "please explain" - after "the basketcase" that was the 2018 season - which saw a string of dramas impact the besieged rugby league club.

Also a member of 2GB's The Continuous Call Team, Levy alongside former NRL star Mark Riddell criticised the club for banning a club member from the official Manly Members Council.

The alleged victim of the saga Cameron Saba has reportedly been banned after speaking out on the club's coaching dramas, with Manly instead suggesting “he doesn’t uphold the values of the Sea Eagles.”

It's an all too familiar response from club officials, with Manly coach Trent Barrett copping the same treatment from Chairman Scott Penn after the powerbroker accused Barrett of not acting “in the spirit of the club” in the midst of the coaching issues late this season.

The respected radio broadcaster took aim at the likes of Penn, CEO Lyall Gorman and the board for their actions on his show this morning.

"I've made no secret of the fact that the Manly Sea Eagles are a complete basketcase at the moment, there's no leadership at the NRL club," Levy said.

"The chief executive Lyall Gorman has been missing in action throughout the coaching saga involving Trent Barrett - who as we know has asked for a release from his contract with the club.

"Now it's gone very quiet on the northern beaches and the die-hard fans are still in the dark and as the legendary Jack Gibson once said 'success starts in the front office'.

"Well, the front office at the Manly Sea Eagles at the moment mirrors Stardust Circus.

"Mr Gorman is the ringmaster, but he's too afraid to front up and answer tough questions, he instead leaves it to the players to bluff their way through interviews."

The lack of action from the big boys on the northern beaches has left fans searching for answers.

It's resulted in record-low attendance by fans at Lottoland with average crowds at the venue, the worst they have been in 50 years. The club's home crowd average at Lottoland this season was just 8,630 fans.

It's not surprising the Sea Eagles finished second-last on the ladder in 2018.

Levy launched after club member Saba was allegedly kicked-off the Members Council for speaking about the coaching woes weeks ago on the Breakfast show

"If it's true, they are obviously running a dictatorship on the northern beaches, the only thing missing is Kim Jong Un and a North Korean Flag," Levy said.

"I've asked the club for a please explain because that's not how you treat a member and a proud, passionate supporter of the club.

"If he's been punished for speaking to us about the coaching dramas, that's simply unacceptable.

"Who do these people think they are trying to gag supporters from expressing their concerns?”

The Manly Members Council is said to be run by the club with a number of candidates vying for a position on the Council.

The Sea Eagles have refused to comment on the issue, instead claiming it is a private matter between the member and the club.

Levy also called for Penn to invest in the club to improve the poor facilities coach Trent Barrett exposed to the rugby league world at great length earlier this season.

"If the alarm bells aren't ringing for the hierarchy at Manly, they should be," Levy said.

"The owner Scott Penn continues to talk tough and promise all these state of the art facilities, but it's quite clear to me and to the supporters, he's all talk, no action.

The coaching saga wasn't the only drama of the 2018 season, with an ongoing salary cap scandal rocking the club.

While, the Gladstone strip club drama which eventually resulted in former Sea Eagles Jackson Hastings losing the support of the playing group following a dust up with Daly Cherry-Evans did not help the club's cause.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...orman-trent-barrett/q00h3dgcvft817f5cyb0km46r

This fella is another Manly hater of the worst kind ( Levy).

I listen to 4BC on my daily afternoon walks , and he’s occasionally on there.

I’ve heard him hammering Manly on numerous occasions through the year.

I don’t mind hammering when hammering is needed BUT it needs to be balanced , this guy isn’t!!

I think Cameron ( who I agree is a good young fella) posts on here as @ManlyArmy , if he’s about he might like to put his case on Silvertails!!

I’ve never met him but we had some communications back in my MWTS days!

Last edited:
This fella is another Manly hater of the worst kind ( Levy).

I listen to 4BC on my daily afternoon walks , and he’s occasionally on there.

I’ve heard him hammering Manly on numerous occasions through the year.

I don’t mind hammering when hammering is needed BUT it needs to be balanced , this guy isn’t!!

I think Cameron ( who I agree is a good young fella) posts on here as @ManlyArmy , if he’s about he might like to put his case on Silvertails!!

I’ve never me him but we had some communications back in my MWTS days!

.... wait ..... are you trying to introduce facts into the picture ........ what a novel approach.

PSS .. I doubt it will catch on ..

A minor issue: is it the front office or the back office?
I've heard that office described as both front and back or are there two?
Which does what? The front office for empty welcomes and the back for cover ups?

A minor issue: is it the front office or the back office?
I've heard that office described as both front and back or are there two?
Which does what? The front office for empty welcomes and the back for cover ups?

Left hand not talking to the right!!

Wayne Couzins ( who I know gets on well with Dan and many others ) doesn’t like criticism of any kind.

I agree some supporters go over the top on social media but blocking and banning members is a low act and if you don’t like the heat get out of the fire!!

And I’m of the belief that Wayne controls who gets booted ( social media) but have had zero to do with members council so can’t comment on that!

Council is a fantastic idea but they can’t expect everything and everybody to be rosey 24/7 365!!!

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11