Members Council Feedback

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Hi Silvertailers - hoping to get some feedback to take back to the club at next Members Council meeting on 26/2. If you could provide feedback directly to questions that would be appreciated;

- Member Loyalty recognition ideas in particular 20+ years - how we can celebrate their tenure

- General feedback on Memberships (Especially with some of the changed Membership offerings) and Member Choice Items and ideas going forward for 2021

- How we can get full season Members attending all home games – On average less than 50% of ticketed members turn up if you have any ideas we’d love to know!

- Gold member Items for 2021 and the thought of having a Members Polo shirt available for all Members to purchase

- Ideas for Member events and Feedback on Member and Fan Day (on Saturday 8th of February)

- What would you like to see in terms of Digital Content during the season i.e. Videos on the website and Socials

How we can get full season Members attending all home games – On average less than 50% of ticketed members turn up
The major gripe is the bag checks that treat food and drinks as contraband

Regulars have been put off by this and rightly state that it's the height of arrogance to force people with memberships to buy overpriced food and drinks on top :nerd:

To have their favourite goodies literally thrown into a bin is obscene and I hear their gripe at every game - no one forgets :shake:

Manly needs to balance the Concession Stand Owners needs with that of their Members who have 60+ years of attending Brookie and bringing a picnic

The demographics would show who does or does not attend and Seniors plus Families must feature in these MIAs

---

As we have a couple of Gosford Games, Manly need to look at budget Supporter Bus options.

The $100+ cocktail boat trip is great for the few and Manly should offer that again, but they need to be inclusive of all :nod:

Last edited:
I think full season members only going to 50% games is ok. They show support by being full season members, but it can be hard going to night games, Thursday games, early Friday games etc. people have work and families.

Ahh yesss - membership feedback!! Gosh I could write a whole essay about this! I’ll number my responses to the questions in order:

1. Over the past few years I’ve noticed they’ve focused a lot more on incentives to keep first year members rather than celebrating their long term members. I think something like an open training session for 15+ Or 20+ year members would be a great idea. And very fitting because Ill have been a member for 20 years in a row as of next year! (Thanks mum and dad for signing me up at 2 years old ;))

2. Really loved the addition of the members choice item this year - I rarely wear hats so it was awesome to get the scarf instead.

3. This ones hard because so many outside factors come into play - work commitments, kids sport, weather etc. But I guess game day entertainment always works, especially when they’re giving out free stuff like the 5000 flags promo they do every now and then. Even cheaper things like the Tommy Bra sunnies at the fan day could be a great idea because that meme has taken off in the footy world. Otherwise, I guess just really promoting the buyback scheme where ticketed members can sell their seat if they’re not coming, so at least there’s more chance of it being filled

4. Would love a regular members polo shirt!!! And great idea to have it as an optional add on.

5. I’ve already said it on here but the fan day was AWESOME!! It was a great idea opening it to all and then having the exclusive members area. Now further member only events could entice people to sign up as members after realising how great the first function of the year was. Again, maybe something like an open training session? The members trivia night is also a great idea that I believe is happening

6. Would love to see a weekly (or monthly) Q&A session with a player where all us fans can send in our questions using that Q&A tool on Instagram. But really anything that is more interactive would be awesome!!

Thanks for representing the voices of Silvertails @The Wheel - you rock !!!!

I’ve got my 15 year membership pin so Cuzzo is back in my good books.

One thing that some other clubs do well is a weekly update on injuries , ie Cuzzo interviews the head physio, Penrith do this REALLY well.

I no longer buy the interstate membership , largely because I’m not around as much ( this year will be different ) but it pissed me off when they put the members function on in Brisbane on Wednesday night , 2 nights before the game.

Ok if you live inner city but our QLD supporter base is spread far and wide , after the game is perfect and would make many upgrade their membership to this as a result.

PS: we did that for years so it’s not new.

My biggest issue is that I'd like the club to improve the time and score graphics on the scoreboard during matches, I always sit directly facing it on the southern side but as I am both colour blind and near sighted I have great difficulty reading them properly.

I'd also appreciate it if the club was more transparent with injury news, clubs like Canberra, Penrith, Dogs do it very well, but the lack of information we receive is a disgrace.

The only way you're going to get more members to go to games is get the NRL to abolish Thursday nights and Friday 6pm slots. Me and my group all have full season ticketed memberships because we want to support the club and enjoy going to games, but we cannot always attend all matches due to work and study commitments.

I did enjoy having different membership options to pick from rather than the hat every year, that was a winner. A polo shirt would be excellent.

That's my 2 cents.

The major gripe is the bag checks that treat food and drinks as contraband

Regulars have been put off by this and rightly state that it's the height of arrogance to force people with memberships to buy overpriced food and drinks on top :nerd:

To have their favourite goodies literally thrown into a bin is obscene and I hear their gripe at every game - no one forgets :shake:

Manly needs to balance the Concession Stand Owners needs with that of their Members who have 60+ years of attending Brookie and bringing a picnic

The demographics would show who does or does not attend and Seniors plus Families must feature in these MIAs

---

As we have a couple of Gosford Games, Manly need to look at budget Supporter Bus options.

The $100+ cocktail boat trip is great for the few and Manly should offer that again, but they need to be inclusive of all :nod:
I know Titans food rule is nothing to be brought in that is commercially wrapped or bagged. Which is fine. We make huge sangas, put nibbles in clear clip-lock bags. The water bottles, tear off the wrapper part. When I used to drink, I had my trusty hip flask filled with MrBeam, and I’d hide that.....(actually you don’t want to know where that got stashed!),and the only thing I’d buy there was a bottle of coke, and maybe a hotdog.
But if they are tossing everything, that’s rough. If they are doing that, the vendors need to make it affordable, and edible.

Argggh.
The damn pins get another mention.

That whole debacle pisses me off more than it should.

Hi Silvertailers - hoping to get some feedback to take back to the club at next Members Council meeting on 26/2. If you could provide feedback directly to questions that would be appreciated;

- Member Loyalty recognition ideas in particular 20+ years - how we can celebrate their tenure

Twenty years a member is a long time. The club should be super inclusive of this milestone. I've pm'ed you my thoughts on the membership milestones before but in this case:
  • A pin
  • A certificate signed by the coach, captain, and ceo (or owner)
  • Presentation of the milestone at the end of year awards night. Get them up on stage-pics, the lot.
  • A story + pics on the club's web site. (If they want, obv).
  • Discounts! 20% off merch for the year they are 20 year members (the margin is there).
  • Discounts off other services and products offered.
  • An invite for two to the corporate box for one game - like the chairman's club one.
  • Signed jersey.
The club needs to realise that this is a damn fine effort, a loyal effort and they should go all out. I think there should be a 25 year one as well, maybe certificates for other minor achievement years. (Cheaper than pins). The club has to realise the value of these loyal fans.

Additionally, the attitude needs to change because the pin sage has annoyed some, like mave, above. The cases where the club went 'sorry, no proof re years' when the person has all the hats, etc should really be enough. It's a bugger all investment for the club financially, it strengthens the ties with the fans, and if one slips through, who gives a rats. You think in a 100 years anyone will care? This 'pin' problem should have been dealt with better months ago.

- General feedback on Memberships (Especially with some of the changed Membership offerings) and Member Choice Items and ideas going forward for 2021

• I liked the changes this year. Credit for the club willing to deal with the member choice items. Ella doesn't wear the hats and likes scarves, I have no use for the scarf and wear the hats. Great to be able to choose.
  • Fridge magnets. Either small ones or ones with the draw on them.
  • Variety and options are great but I understand the balance that needs to be considered.
- How we can get full season Members attending all home games – On average less than 50% of ticketed members turn up if you have any ideas we’d love to know!
  • Hold games in Canada. Yeah yeah, I know.
  • Does the club have a resale system in place, eg: Stubhub . com? I mean that doesn't get members going but it assists with unused ticket re-sales.
  • Members only prizes? Not sure on this one. HM says the food nazis make her unhappy. So there's a variety of reasons.
- Gold member Items for 2021 and the thought of having a Members Polo shirt available for all Members to purchase
  • I like the idea of a members polo. I wont like the fact it'll be $80 + dollars, plus the extra tax they hit us up with because we dared to buy a non Canadian piece of clothing.
  • Speaking of clothes, the usual gripe still stands. You want a training Tee? $70! C'mon, it's two thin pieces of material stitched together in a country with questionable labour practises! This is why people buy things from the knock off Chinese companies.
  • Jersey. We regularly ask for an old style, relaxed fit, jersey. We don't all look like Reuben (sorry ladies). Also $150+ for two pieces of 'spandex' stitched together is a rort. As it is in most codes...but the quality is better. fyi: Toronto jersey is $95. NHL jerseys $150+ but a lot...lot better quality.
- Ideas for Member events and Feedback on Member and Fan Day (on Saturday 8th of February)
  • I would like the players to take a pic with flags of countries members live in. usa..CANADA...England, etc. It'd be nice if once...just once the club acknowledged they have people from o/s flying the flag.

- What would you like to see in terms of Digital Content during the season i.e. Videos on the website and Socials

• Up to date player profiles.
  • I'm not super annoyed re-injuries as I think it's about keeping under the radar.
  • The content has improved and well done to the club for that.
  • I liked it when we had Tommy talks but I don't know if any of the players has the interviewing ability.
  • More interviews! As above a vidoe thanking o/s people would be good. It's not rocket surgery!
  • More behind the scenes stuff.
  • More information regarding all the good that Manly players and staff do in the community.

Some ideas / comments above. You'll have to click on expand, sorry.

Thanks to the committee crew that do this, I appreciate it.

Have a nice day!

:)

Some ideas / comments above. You'll have to click on expand, sorry.

Thanks to the committee crew that do this, I appreciate it.

Have a nice day!

:)
Thank you and for thanks responding directly to the questions, it makes it me easier to collate and pass on

Great stuff @The Wheel !

The more feedback via this thread the better - I know the council meetings are set to be even more interactive this year, so we’ll ensure all this is out on the table.

For me I turned up to 3 games last year. And still had a game on my ticket as I paid for a family pass.

It was just a matter of logistics for me, brookie is a pain to get to for me these days so I really have to plan it out. It can cost me over $100 or more just in getting to and from the game otherwise I drive either way it's over an hour of messing about. I'm guessing it's similar for full season passes too. Life gets in the way and things just don't work out that way.

I reckon if you offered some kind of shuttle service from a few key locations that would help though

Agree with others would love to see a members polo shirt as an upgrade to the membership.

And not one of those figure hugging synthetic ones that the players look great in.

I’m still wearing on a daily basis at home cotton polo shirts from the 2006-2010 era. Admittedly they all are just “ around the house” shirts by now but I’ve worn them thousands of times.

I bought one of those fandangled new ones two years ago and it’s buggered already.

And this would only work if it’s a reasonable upgrade , $50 would be ok but if they want to make it a big profit item and sell it for $90 they’ll sell a lot less.

Anyway another suggestion @Mitch @The Wheel

Hi @The Wheel ,

I'm a season ticket holder every year, and for me, it's time slots mainly. Last year, I spent $750 on a season ticket, and didn't attend one game (although I did farm out my ticket to friends when I couldn't make it). I did watch every game on television. To be honest, I consider my membership a donation for one of the loves of my life.

The club can't really do anything about that. The product is amazing. The Membership team is absolutely amazing. Gameday experience is amazing. Everything about our club top to bottom is amazing.

"I just enjoy Sunday afternoon games", or a Friday night, but it appears The Broncos are always getting the priority.

I think our membership packages are outstanding. The people behind it all work hard. All very professional. Please pass my thanks and appreciation on if you get the chance.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6