Melbourne Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
There was a segment on NRL of Fox last night with Matt King / Billy Slater. They were talking about attitude through the club. One thing that made me raise an eyebrow:-

The players this year SELF imposed a no alcohol situation, to give them every chance of taking the Premiership.

That lead me to thinking about Jason King / Steve matai type incidents this year.

Peoples thoughts? Does or would it really give The Storm an advantage at all?

It was probably a self imposed booze ban like Ricko said the Roosters had a few years back, lol.

I am sure if it would help to a certain extent, however not a great deal. We seem to be fitter than Melbourne!!!

If our players were going out drinking a few nights a week I would be concerned but if it is just the occasional drinking session I am not concerned.

the storm were in this exact same position last year at this time - and they had alcohol.

That ain't the problem.

Physically it gives them an advantage.

Psycholigically maybe a disadvantage.

It depends what their normal consumption levels are.

If they start shaking and dropping a lot of balls then they will need to go and have a few beers to calm the withdrawal symptoms down.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2