MD Blindside snippets - Killer & Zorba

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
It’s business as usual

THE Sea Eagles haven’t taken their eyes off the ball despite the dramas over the past week.

Jamie Lyon showed off his skills to teammates during training at Narrabeen this week proving that it is still very much business as usual for the players ahead of Sunday’s game with the Broncos at Suncorp Stadium.

* Tough for Zorba

STILL on the Sea Eagles, it has been a tough week for long-serving media manager Peter Peters.

It culminated in him being stood down from his role after the comments he made to a Sky News reporter.

Amidst the chaos he showed another side to his character when he took two special people to training at Narrabeen on Tuesday.

Zorba’s granddaughters Tayla, 12, and Maddison, 10, were with him as he performed as ringmaster in the media circus.

“I brought them along to calm me down,” he said.

And the girls certainly did the trick.

After the media had departed, Zorba looked very content as he walked across the deserted oval holding the hands of the pair who clearly played a very important part in his life.

It is those simple, yet special moments, that help put everything back into perspective.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/blindside-31/

------------

MANLY Sea Eagles media manager Peter ‘Zorba’ Peters has revealed it was his wife who first realised he would end up in hot water for calling a female television journalist a “good sort”.

In his weekly podcast for Sportal.com.au, the 66-year-old claims some now want to make a “souvlaki” out of him for the embarrassing comment made after Wednesday night’s judiciary hearing.

He was there to accompany playmaker Glenn Stewart, who was facing a contrary conduct charge after last Friday’s brawl at Brookvale Oval.

“When I got home I mentioned it to my wife and she said ‘you’re in trouble’,” he said. “She knew straight away.”

Peters has since been stood down by the Sea Eagles until at least Monday.

The club stalwart today apologised to the public and the Sky News reporter Megan Barnard, for any offence caused.

He said he had shared friendly “banter” with Barnard in the lead-up to the now infamous comment.

“I wish they would show it in it’s entirety, not just me saying what I said,” he said.

“The cameras went off and she said thanks for that, see you tomorrow night, with a smile.”

Despite being stood down Peters has found support in the Eagles Angels, the club’s female fan group, who have rallied behind him throughout the drama.

Several people have also written to The Manly Daily commenting that the incident had been blown out of proportion.

“I have four beautiful granddaughters who are all at my home at the moment wondering why grandpa’s in hot water,” he said.

“I’m in the sin bin, I’m in the corner.” Manly chairman Scott Penn did not return calls to the Daily.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/news/story/zorba-im-in-the-sin-bin/

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8