Matty Johns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G'Day fellow Eagles supporters...

I am new on here and was told about the site from another mate who along with me has gone to Brookie through the tough and not so tough times.

My previous experience with a Manly forum was a frightening experience... with the other members taking offence at my bagging of Hoppa (a waste of time and money) and our ex-Coach (let's not mention him). Anyway I've been told the views on here are more open to the supporter on the Hill and not completely one eyed and over the top like some other sites/fans.

So my first question to the panel... does Matty Johns have anything to do with the club? I saw him at a Brookie game which was not a TV game and had heard in the past he did have some involvement with the club. Perhaps it was just to cheer on BK?

I assume Steve Roach is also still involved as a defensive coach?

Cheers boys ... big game coming up tomorrow night...

Johnno

Captain, Matt Johns lives in Newport now so I assume that he was just down watching the greatest footy team around. Steve Roach is a forwards coach with the Mighty Eagles.

He is good mates with BK. As far as i know he has nothing to do with us so the best guess would be too watch BK play. Perhaps even something to do with Rugby League Week or The Footie Show.

Roach is still the forwards coach and you are 100% right in your usumption of AE. Welcome to the fold.

Welcome mate feel free to air you're contrary views we thrive on them. You may get carved up at times but it's generally in jest here.

In regards to Mat as far as I know he does spend a lot of time with the club to what capacity I don't know.

I think Roach makes a few guest apperences with the forwards.

Welcome

Feel free to put your view here but understand this is a forum and thus people will devoate your view, however unlike other places we dont get personal as everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how much we disagree

I thinkhe may. I remember seeing him at a couple of games last year as well. I may have also seen him at a PL game or two. But I have no idea his official capacity or involvement if he has any at all

Matty Johns has recently mentioned he would love to get into coaching, behind his antics he has a useful footy brain, now hes a genuine peninsular boy, the club could do a lot worst!

I was really surprised at how gushing Matty Johns has been about Manly recently, especially during the Souths telecast. It starts to make a bit a sense given the above info.

Being a local and a paid league personality it makes sense for him to go to as many games as possible.

If you live on the beaches it makes more sense to visit the games/functions held by the local club ie us!

I have friends who we have allowed to live on the beaches and whilst they don't support Manly they still turn up to Brookie. With our form this year, who wouldn't want to??? :clap:

G'day Captain

I have been reliably informed that Matty is a closet Manly supporter and actually supported us when he was a kid. He was at the club's season launch and as said by others lives locally and is great mates with BK but he has nothing to do with club officially.

I was very surprised to hear that on Newcastles big day when they opened their stand and Johns got his broken jaw,Matty was at Brookvale watching us play Canberra

yeah lets not forget that! while publicly he supports the team and his brother, im guessing management isnt on his xmas card list.

Hes an eagle now!

Being a local and a paid league personality it makes sense for him to go to as many games as possible.

If you live on the beaches it makes more sense to visit the games/functions held by the local club ie us!

I have friends who we have allowed to live on the beaches and whilst they don't support Manly they still turn up to Brookie. With our form this year, who wouldn't want to??? :clap:

Spot on CW. My mate lives on the beaches but he is a filthy Rooster supporter. That has not stopped him getting to every game at Brookie this season, he even watches PL with me. He has not attended 1 Rooster match!!!!

Although I think he is starting to get a soft spot for Manly. He seems to get into it as much as I do, it is my mission to convert him from the darkside!!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2