Matthew Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think he is a better option at centre than on the wing. We need speed on the flanks but Matai has proven that u don't need to be blinding to be an elite centre. Wright has enough smarts and physicality to be a decent centre that will not let anyone down.

Turbo
Taufua
Walker
Wright
Parker

Reads better than any team with Williame in it and wright outside him on the wing.

I'm not sure if the three goals he kicked were semi-flukes, but if he is as good a goal kicker as he appears then he is certainly worth a permanent place in the 2017 team. Having a reliable goal kicker is a must, provided he is a reasonable first grader. Wright has shown me that he is a trier who doesn't make mistakes. If Parker is normally a centre, as stated by one poster, and Green or Cullen are worthy of a 5/8th spot then Wright can have one wing spot.
Until last night I thought Jorge had been playing very well, but his defence is poor, and it may be time for him to be tried as a second rower. Tom Turbo also has defensive weaknesses which I'm sure will be rectified in the season's ahead.
In my opinion we need a tall, fast winger who can catch bombs because that's the way so many tries are scored these days. How hard is it to recruit one of the Fijians from their successful Sevens rugby team?

Not as dumb a move by Barrett as many predicted.
Why wasn't he tried when we had Api, Doorman and everyone but Wright at 5/8 :cool:

Wright's kicking play is also great. :)

He seems a nice calm player and doesn't get upset at his errors like Jorge or Jake do @:cool:

Why wasn't he tried when we had Api, Doorman and everyone but Wright at 5/8 :cool:

Wright's kicking play is also great. :)

He seems a nice calm player and doesn't get upset at his errors like Jorge or Jake do @:cool:

Probably too new to the team to put himself forward and isn't noted as a 5/8 or goal kicker. Possibly evolved at training and Baz said what have I got to lose.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6