Matthew Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I don't want to be overly negative but I really hope there are some plans for a winger with more speed for next season because Wright is way too slow to be a FG winger. I was concerned about his speed when we signed him and yesterday my fears were realised. A couple of times there were opportunities down the flank and he failed to capitalise because he is simply not fast enough.

He is far from the worst backup winger and he does provide stability but to really compete with the best sides I don't think we can carry such a slowpoke.

We should be buying someone soon or we are going to struggle. Wright is a great backup as you said. Matai will retire for sure. So our backline will be something like this.

1: T Trbojevic
2: J Taufua (hope he gets re signed soon!!)
3: D Walker
4: B Williame (really impressing me, he looks a top line centre knows how to score also and knows the culture)
5: D Mead (not sure if he will go here but hope he does he's a really solid winger still with some speed to burn not as quick as he use to be but is getting up there, if we don't get him Parker looks good also)
6: B Green
7: D Cherry-Evans

He is solid and relatively mistake free, but yeah I think Dylan had to slow down and wait for him when that try was on :0)

I don't want to be overly negative but I really hope there are some plans for a winger with more speed for next season because Wright is way too slow to be a FG winger. I was concerned about his speed when we signed him and yesterday my fears were realised. A couple of times there were opportunities down the flank and he failed to capitalise because he is simply not fast enough.

He is far from the worst backup winger and he does provide stability but to really compete with the best sides I don't think we can carry such a slowpoke.
A bit tough! At least he didn't drop the ball before and over the try line like some more experienced wingers!

Was probably one of the only 80 minute players yesterday. Like him a lot. Was very strong wth his hit ups, had exceleent leg drive. Quite happy to have wright and would love to see him get a chance to build a combo wirh a good centre.

Will surprise us in the future i reckon

Nothing special, gets the job done. Can't fault the guy. Not a world beater, not top 17 when all fit. But a more than capable back up who will do the no thrills 1%ers so the stars can shine.

We should be buying someone soon or we are going to struggle. Wright is a great backup as you said. Matai will retire for sure. So our backline will be something like this.

1: T Trbojevic
2: J Taufua (hope he gets re signed soon!!)
3: D Walker
4: B Williame (really impressing me, he looks a top line centre knows how to score also and knows the culture)
5: D Mead (not sure if he will go here but hope he does he's a really solid winger still with some speed to burn not as quick as he use to be but is getting up there, if we don't get him Parker looks good also)
6: B Green
7: D Cherry-Evans

Williame a top class centre?? Lol

We could do a lot worse than Nathan Ross.
He's off contract and he wouldn't cost a bomb.
The guy has a red hot go.
Fair call....at first I thought the Ross Dog was some average Joe Knights got from a local comp out of desperation...which he was...thing is been their best 90% of games I've seen....has speed & fully committed in every play ....personally take Bevan French on the cheap , but Ross is a good option too

I really miss having a winger like Scott Donald. It is magic seeing a player get the ball with an opening anywhere on the field and know they will score if it is a race. Blinding speed doe not seem to be so common in wingers anymore

Yes he is slow; however, he was still clearly injured from the week before which made it worse.

I really miss having a winger like Scott Donald. It is magic seeing a player get the ball with an opening anywhere on the field and know they will score if it is a race. Blinding speed doe not seem to be so common in wingers anymore
Wingers are expected to do the hard yards coming out of their own end. I thought Mathew Wright was excellent on Sunday, scored a try and ran for over 150 metres. If he can do that again on Friday I'll be well happy.

Needs to hit the sand at Narrabeen and work on his beach sprints. The Brookie surface claimed him a couple of times yesterday, he doesn't like a heavy track.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6