Matthew Wright

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wright was really only bought as a back up after Tim Moltzen was forced to retire. Its just that with the injuries to Skivy and now Snake, plus others at times, he's played all 10 first grade games we've had since he's been here.

The reality though is that he's not first grade quality despite having played 106 first grade games. No speed for a winger and his speed is barely enough for a centre, and his defence kinda sucks. Can't knock his effort though because at least he gets in and has a go and isn't afraid to take the ball for a hit up.

He's been handy to have, but all things being equal I wouldn't have him in my 17.

He's been solid but unspectacular.

But taking into account the fact that he is carrying an injury, I'm prepared to cut the guy some slack.

But I agree, with everyone available he'd probably be in reggies.

We should be buying someone soon or we are going to struggle. Wright is a great backup as you said. Matai will retire for sure. So our backline will be something like this.

1: T Trbojevic
2: J Taufua (hope he gets re signed soon!!)
3: D Walker
4: B Williame (really impressing me, he looks a top line centre knows how to score also and knows the culture)
5: D Mead (not sure if he will go here but hope he does he's a really solid winger still with some speed to burn not as quick as he use to be but is getting up there, if we don't get him Parker looks good also)
6: B Green
7: D Cherry-Evans

Crikey turbo weren't you bagging the crap out of Mead a few weeks ago!!
I think he would be a great inclusion for the right money can cover fullback if needed. Its not a given yet that S Matai will not be here next season.

How long do you reckon until he plays NRL?

Next year for sure : Tom just needs too finish the year strong : build up the upper body over summer and he will be ready . Great hands & throws a great pass ; quick hands and elusive runner .
Positional play at fullback needs some work .

He does a solid job, but seems a little wasted on the wing. Where does he get to show his ability? We just have too many halves now. Interesting he played and John or Godinet did not.

He does a solid job, but seems a little wasted on the wing. Where does he get to show his ability? We just have too many halves now. Interesting he played and John or Godinet did not.
He is not a half, he was just covering for injury. He is a winger or a centre and not a serious option to ever play more than 1 or 2 games in the position so the halves conundrum we currently have is that we don't have enough genuine decent halves not the other way around.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4