Mattai's form getting worse

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Foran and Farrar in the centres is a silly suggestion. Neither of them are capable of taking pressure of the forwards and wouldnt make half the metres that Matai does from dummy half. Matai has to be one centre.

clontaago link said:
Foran and Farrar in the centres is a silly suggestion. Neither of them are capable of taking pressure of the forwards and wouldnt make half the metres that Matai does from dummy half. Matai has to be one centre.

I will be happy with him there, if he actually does somethign in attack, if he plays like he has for the past few weeks no way.

Had we not had tony williams there, Matai would have looked a lot worse than he has

Matai v Roosters

8 Dummy Half runs, 14 total runs, 126 metres gained.

The only players who ran more metres were Choc, Rodney and Robbo!!!!

clontaago link said:
Matai v Roosters

8 Dummy Half runs, 14 total runs, 126 metres gained.

The only players who ran more metres were Choc, Rodney and Robbo!!!!
but go back and look at those runs and meters.

His dummy half runs fool only crap players especially now he adds the ridiculously obvious call to anotehr player then run the blind.

he almost fumbles and screws up every tap he takes, he actually caused it to be dropped from one the other week.

Part of his problem is he thinks he is a creative player, but so obviously is not, get that out of his head and you might see me tolerate him

Matai is a big contributor to us getting out of our own zone easily most sets. He eats metres though doesn't usually cause a threat with second phase ball. His defence has been a bit off at times.  I had a back injury at one stage in my ordinary career and it took a long time to get timing and confidence back in defence. Not making excuses but the neck could explain his inconsistent defence.

Volley link said:
Not sure what was stupider, the incorrect spelling of metre or the rest of your post.

Is 'stupider' a word? Meter is actually an acceptable form of spelling. It would get you into Harvard or Yale.

Rex link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=181371.msg237110#msg237110 date=1250485474]
Farah plays for the Tigers Dan and is Lebanese.

Farrar is our guy.

What a reporter's nightmare if Ox gets injured ... Hodgkinson passes to Lyons who dummies inside to Stuart and then cuts out Farrah to put Robinson free to score in the corner.

[/quote]

You forgot Brett Kite popping the short ball for Brent Stuart up the middle, but I like where you are heading :)

Canteen Worker link said:
Matai is a big contributor to us getting out of our own zone easily most sets. He eats metres though doesn't usually cause a threat with second phase ball. His defence has been a bit off at times.  I had a back injury at one stage in my ordinary career and it took a long time to get timing and confidence back in defence. Not making excuses but the neck could explain his inconsistent defence.

I call bullS**t, is there any injury you haven't had, surely by now you must be as man made as Whacko Jacko was

Is 'stupider' a word? Meter is actually an acceptable form of spelling. It would get you into Harvard or Yale.

True, I work in American English all day as well, both with programming and the fact I am employed directly by a US company and deal with US clients, but sometimes when guys on this site, have no valid input or comeback they resort to the mundane

hehe, here comes the outrageous indignation, next thing Farrah will be American for Farrar :)

unfortunately even I wouldn't have corrected "meter"

Fro link said:
hehe, here comes the outrageous indignation, next thing Farrah will be American for Farrar :)

unfortunately even I wouldn't have corrected \"meter\"

I know you wouldn't I am desensitised to your spelling correction ways, my stab was directed elsewhere

you must not have watched the roosters game then doug.

Every time we get a penalty and we kick it out on Matai's side, he tries to do something stupid with the tap, it looks silly and never works, instead of making an extra 5 or 10 he gets tackled 2 metres sideways to where he tapped it

Dan link said:
you must not have watched the roosters game then doug.

Every time we get a penalty and we kick it out on Matai's side, he tries to do something stupid with the tap, it looks silly and never works, instead of making an extra 5 or 10 he gets tackled 2 metres sideways to where he tapped it

He must have done some running forward to have clocked most running metres in the game...

Dan you must not watch much football at all as most of your comments are rubbish mate. Its a proven fact that Matai has been over the last 2 seasons one of our best metre gainers, and that has not changed at all this year.

Matai is an integral part of our team, Hasler sees it, most of the other posters see it, but you dont.

You are too busy trying to find fault in the way he taps the ball.

You want Farrar in the centres over Matai, Farrar missed the same amount of tackles on the weekend and made about half the metres Matai did. It doesnt add up.

clontaago link said:
Dan you must not watch much football at all as most of your comments are rubbish mate. Its a proven fact that Matai has been over the last 2 seasons one of our best metre gainers, and that has not changed at all this year.

Matai is an integral part of our team, Hasler sees it, most of the other posters see it, but you dont.

You are too busy trying to find fault in the way he taps the ball.

You want Farrar in the centres over Matai, Farrar missed the same amount of tackles on the weekend and made about half the metres Matai did. It doesnt add up.

I would prefer Farrah on the wing. but Matai is way down on form, watch the game again.

Metres are good, if you are doing it for the team, but if you are trying to do it yourself and as an individual there isnt much use.

Darren saw it too obviously or he wouldnt have posted this message. Matai stuck out like a sore thumb on Saturday, and not for any good reasons

The reason I find fault in it is because against Souths I think it was, he took the tap fart ased around and caused a knock on straight off a penalty. Trying to be a playmaker when he isnt, and trying to **** he doesnt need to do.

Excuse my ignorance but how to you differentiate between metres that are being done for the team or ones being made as an individual?  Is it because when he decides to run from dummy half he is taking the wrong option?

Garts link said:
Excuse my ignorance but how to you differentiate between metres that are being done for the team or ones being made as an individual?  Is it because when he decides to run from dummy half he is taking the wrong option?

Normal player...i.e. forward
Matai

hahaha

He is like gidley in my eyes, for everything he does right he does so many other things wrong, I prefer players that do a lot of right and not as much wrong.

He often does take the wrong option out of dummy half and runs away from support, he also hogs the ball, I know some of that has to do witht he fact he had tony williams outside him so didnt want to give him the ball but still

Nowhere did I say he wasnt down on form. However a down on form Matai is still our best option and although he is not at his best he is still performing well enough to warrant retaining his spot.

i think reading Dans diatribes in this thread gives us a small insight into what DSM5 would be like if Orford got dropped (please let it be so :) )

Without T Rex to whale on Dan needs to find another whipping boy...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6