Mattai's form getting worse

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
a great effort by the boys tonight but Matai is looking very ordinary the past few months. His defence is worrying, he came out of theline again but Kenny Dowell went inside (whew) Matai's hands continue to be poor, his hospital pass to farrar I could go on, yes he's injured but he is always injured, he ain't going to get better, maybe a stint in QLD, big worry at present

Definately out of form but he is our best option.  If we drop him who comes in?  Farrer or Neumann.

if he comes a liability, maybe choc to left centre, and I mean real problem!! Bailey to 2nd row etc or Hall, if Matai lets in tries we have to fix it,

Garts link said:
Definately out of form but he is our best option.  If we drop him who comes in?  Farrer or Neumann.

Definitely not Neumann

All he needs to do is hold the line and make his tackles.  He really doesn't have to try the big shoulder charge or assists.  Just hold the line and his job is done.  He can't be dropped as there really is no-one else.   

DSM5 link said:
All he needs to do is hold the line and make his tackles.  He really doesn't have to try the big shoulder charge or assists.  Just hold the line and his job is done.  He can't be dropped as there really is no-one else.   

yes there is !! someone has to make way for Brett

He has been poor. At the moment, he is the one to make way for Stewart.

1. Stewart
2. Robertson
3. Farrar
4. Lyon
5. Williams
6. Foran
7. Orford

it's funny but we have bagged out Kite, Hall etc all year but Matai gets missed every week!!! Steve's injury problems may have really taken over, I know we signed for at least 2 more years which must now be worrying staff. To be honest Matai has played 3 good games this year, got his usual suspension,

Last week I remeber he pointed at the guy with the ball but missed him, yesterday his miss on Kenny Dowell (check it out if you need to) caused the try.

About 3 weeks ago he got put in the clear and got ran down in first 20 metres, as a centre that is a worry, as well his 1 on 1 tackles are missed at DANGEROUS times. A real problem at present.

I personally think Matai's form is similar to previous years. I just think that he has had to adapt his game with the three different wingers he's had this year. It would make it tough for anyone.

Then, on the inside, he has had different 5/8's, and backrowers as well that is giving him ball.

It's called chemistry, and he hasn't had the ability to get that this year for whatever reason.

If I'm a betting man, I reckon we'll see the same ol' Matai when Snake gets back, and Robbo goes back to the wing.

PS: Did I see Choc out-pace Minichello last night when Orford kicked long range, and Robertson scored that try???

There were a few players that missed tackling kenny dowell including robbo,besides farrar almost fell onto matai as he was going to make the tackle if i remember still there are times matai looks disinterested maybe a stint at the feeder club may wake him up.

Farrer was not that impressive in the centres.  I remember a few were concerned with his defence in that spot.  I would keep Matai and Farrer would be the one dropped for Stewart.   Although I suspect it will be Foran.  

He is definitely down on form

But the thing is, imo he is 1 of the crucial parts of us going anywhere in the finals. If he gets it right, he makes crucial metres out of dummy half, and his hit ups off our line are invaluable as well. He is not getting a lot of good ball at the moment either. Rightly so, Watmough is getting the good clean ball, and often all that is left for Matai when he gets it is 5-10m to move and no where to go. We need to utilise that step he possesses a lot more

He is our power centre, but lacking the aggression a bit at the moment which is a worry. Most want him to stay in the line, but I feel he needs to run out and fire a big shot off to get the fire back in him, a shot like that also lifts all the other guys as well

totally agree that farrar's best spot is wing or fullback!! late last night swapped with Robbo!!! Look Matai has to remain, hopefully robbo next to him will work again

T-Rex made was so bad he made matai look god, Matai has been in this form for most of the year and most of last year.

He plays as an individual, not part of the team

I've been very critical in past years of Stevie's coming out of the line behaviour.  There's no need for it and puts the outside men under pressure.  Sure one comes off now and then, but normally it just leaves a hole.  Robbo could have got SKD over the line last night.  Very disappointing but his defense has been suspect for a while.  Robbo is just not a fullback.  Just who let in that last try?   

Dan link said:
T-Rex made was so bad he made matai look god, Matai has been in this form for most of the year and most of last year.

He plays as an individual, not part of the team

This year, fair enough

but last year, you are kidding, he was superb when he made it back on the park last season. From memory his return game was that match at Parramatta Stadium, and he was inspirational that night

If he is injured and this is how he plays when injured, here's a ground breaking idea..... Drop him and rest him up so he can come back play one half decent game and then regather all the praise for his mediocre performance from his conga line and then he can go off injured again

When will we as fans realise mediocrity is a formula for failure.

This is a results driven industry

DSM5 link said:
I've been very critical in past years of Stevie's coming out of the line behaviour.  There's no need for it and puts the outside men under pressure.  Sure one comes off now and then, but normally it just leaves a hole.  Robbo could have got SKD over the line last night.  Very disappointing but his defense has been suspect for a while.  Robbo is just not a fullback.  Just who let in that last try?   

It was on Williams' side of the field, however I have not seen the replay so I will not lay blame on Wolfie just yet.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4