Matt Parcell

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matt Parcell? hahaha.

He has to be in competition with Tom Wright as biggest myth on this forum.

There is a reason Parcell was let go and is playing in the SL. He is rubbish.

Sure, he has a dart out of dummy half but that is the extent of his game.

I think Snake that both Parcell and Tom Wright had loads of talent. They both needed a Des like coach. Barrett obviously had his favourites and its little wonder that players like Parcell, Wright and Hastings didn't thrive because it was obvious Barrett didn't favour them. Hastings barely got a chance and Wright only managed a few first grade games, one in which he starred. Thing is when you favour players over others its only natural you wont see the best in those players.

Barrett obviously preferred Koroisau, even though it was generally believed on this forum that Parcell was the better hooker. Now Koro has gone up a level since Hasler has come along, but back then I certainly thought Parcell was the better hooker and was surprised they let him go. He immediately did well for Leeds in 2017, but seemed to fall out of favour in later times.

But then we have Tom Wright, who is now playing first grade with the Brumbies and reportedly did well in his first year in a team that was the top Australian side and made the semis.

Then there's Hastings, who with young Lussick, has sealed his position with Salford, a team now third in SuperLeague. Salford almost was demoted at the end of 2018, and it was a lot because of Hastings that they managed to stay in the premier league when he came in for the last few games that season and saved their bacon.

Its one of the reasons I didnt think Barrett was much of a coach. All three have done OK to good since leaving Manly, and all are playing in the top grade. I know you'll say that the competitions are not as strong, but I would disagree in the Super15s Union and the top Superleague sides in England have been shown to be up there with Australia's best

I think Snake that both Parcell and Tom Wright had loads of talent. They both needed a Des like coach. Barrett obviously had his favourites and its little wonder that players like Parcell, Wright and Hastings didn't thrive because it was obvious Barrett didn't favour them. Hastings barely got a chance and Wright only managed a few first grade games, one in which he starred. Thing is when you favour players over others its only natural you wont see the best in those players.

Barrett obviously preferred Koroisau, even though it was generally believed on this forum that Parcell was the better hooker. Now Koro has gone up a level since Hasler has come along, but back then I certainly thought Parcell was the better hooker and was surprised they let him go. He immediately did well for Leeds in 2017, but seemed to fall out of favour in later times.

But then we have Tom Wright, who is now playing first grade with the Brumbies and reportedly did well in his first year in a team that was the top Australian side and made the semis.

Then there's Hastings, who with young Lussick, has sealed his position with Salford, a team now third in SuperLeague. Salford almost was demoted at the end of 2018, and it was a lot because of Hastings that they managed to stay in the premier league when he came in for the last few games that season and saved their bacon.

Its one of the reasons I didnt think Barrett was much of a coach. All three have done OK to good since leaving Manly, and all are playing in the top grade. I know you'll say that the competitions are not as strong, but I would disagree in the Super15s Union and the top Superleague sides in England have been shown to be up there with Australia's best

Tom Wright playing ‘top grade’ for the Brumbies?! I’m pretty sure Tom didn’t actually play a single minute for the Brumbies this season.

Api has gone backwards under Hasler and does less probing out of dummy half like his younger years. Plays like he is nervous now and doesn't have the confidence the coach really believes in him, even though Api stated otherwise in an article recently.(foot injury didn't help either)

Api is good when he is scheming out of dummy half, picking up the ball at pace one handed and engaging the markers with no look passes, his passing variety is not his strong point, nor is it Fainu's.

Defensively works his arse off and helps tighten the middle or cut down big forwards,(even defends on the edges to assist at times) probably over exerts himself in defence this year to make up for what he feels he is not offering out of dummy half and to make an impact in the limited time he has.

To say Hasler improved Api's game is totally wrong.

Api has gone backwards under Hasler and does less probing out of dummy half like his younger years. Plays like he is nervous now and doesn't have the confidence the coach really believes in him, even though Api stated otherwise in an article recently.(foot injury didn't help either)

Api is good when he is scheming out of dummy half, picking up the ball at pace one handed and engaging the markers with no look passes, his passing variety is not his strong point, nor is it Fainu's.

Defensively works his arse off and helps tighten the middle or cut down big forwards,(even defends on the edges to assist at times) probably over exerts himself in defence this year to make up for what he feels he is not offering out of dummy half and to make an impact in the limited time he has.

To say Hasler improved Api's game is totally wrong.
You sound like a smoking weed psychologist

Here we go again.

We need a fact filter applied to these pages.

If I hear MYTH once more I will explode. Let's have a list of the 'myths' at our club over the past few years....

Apparently in no order :

DCE myth
Marty Tapau myth
Tom Wright myth
Dylan Walker angry myth
Who ever wears the no.6 myth
Tommy turbo - yes even some on here have questioned his status over the past few years.
Sirro myth
Thomson myth
Jorge ham fisted myth
Suli lazy myth
Parker untalented fg myth
Etc etc etc

We are lucky we can win a match.....

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8