Matt Lodge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Saying Lodge is still getting a contract, but may not even play the entire year now (thoughts people?) :

we had the fainu boys in our 30 due to $$$$$. and latu wasnt going to play grade.

this is a coin and owner issue. We need lodge at some point because our ability to attact winners in average.

i would also consider that manly may be faking it hoping to keep lodgey on a train and trial with the NRL to boost the squad somewhat

who knows but why is his acl a 2 year proposition ?

we had the fainu boys in our 30 due to $$$$$. and latu wasnt going to play grade.

this is a coin and owner issue. We need lodge at some point because our ability to attact winners in average.

i would also consider that manly may be faking it hoping to keep lodgey on a train and trial with the NRL to boost the squad somewhat

Don't know - I mean, it IS zero tackle so I'd take it with a grain of salt

Yeah, read that to. It's a 9mth rehab for Lodge not a 2yr rehab, the Zero sports news scores a zero for news accuracy.

If we were the roosters Lodge would not get a contract until he was ready to play. If 3 months turns into 6 months. That's still wiggle room in your Sombrero. Can Manly keep him happy whilst he is rehabilitating is the only question here.

I saw Matt walking around Warriewood Square today, no strapping no guards no limp. I understand that walking in a shopping centre is not the same as playing professional sport but you wouldn’t know he was injured. Hard to believe looking at him that he can’t play for a number of months.

I saw Matt walking around Warriewood Square today, no strapping no guards no limp. I understand that walking in a shopping centre is not the same as playing professional sport but you wouldn’t know he was injured. Hard to believe looking at him that he can’t play for a number of months.
Sounds good (not that I’m a fan of Lodge but if we’ve signed him we need him available, at least.)
I’d have thought any earlier than Round 10 is a bonus.

If the medicos say it's potentially Round 4 to Round 8, I'd rather keep it at Round 8, meaning hopefully, he'll be available for 18 more rounds, however, anything can happen. I think we have enough 'stock' to cover him, and he will hopefully be hungry to add value when he returns.

I think he has a great relationship with Seibs and he will be 'playing with great motivation and intensity' when he returns to the field.

Return to play Round 4-8 is great news.

The old school ACL surgery used a part of the patients own patella tendon to replace the damaged ligament. These days they use an achilles tendon from a cadaver which is orders of magnitude stronger than the patella tendon. The new surgery allows a much faster recovery. His ACL will be stronger than it was before.

The biggest thing he will have to overcome is the atrophy that would've occurred around the knee during the time he had it immobilised. His new ACL will not snap he just has to make sure the new connections and stabilising muscles are strong enough.

Both techniques are currently used but Cadaver offers a quicker return to sport and are by far more common for athletes.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8