Matt Lodge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
His record of being a ** bloke is still well and truly in the present, the Warriors didn’t pay him money to ** off because he was a quality member of the squad.

Take Lodge and Pangai out of Brisbane and look at them now, speaks volumes
You heard the actual story mate.
Mark Robinson did a "Russell Crowe / luke kreary" thus they paid him out because the owner was at fault.

You heard the actual story mate.
Mark Robinson did a "Russell Crowe / luke kreary" thus they paid him out because the owner was at fault.

That’s the nice public version, but I’ve no doubt with both parties signing a confidentiality clause there is a lot more that went on than that

From a very good source they were happy to get him out ASAP because he was already causing division amongst the playing group and taking the Blake Green approach to get out of the place

EELS’ BID TO SIGN EX-WARRIORS STAR ON SHORT-TERM DEAL

The Eels are reportedly trying to lure former Warriors star Matt Lodge to Parramatta for the remainder of the 2022 season.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported the Eels have made inquiries about Lodge’s availability and what it would cost them on the salary cap for the rest of the year.

The NRL has estimated Lodge’s current market value and told the Eels they would need to come up with $20,000 a game for a total of $250,000 on their salary cap to sign Lodge.

That amount will decrease every week Lodge remains unsigned, which opens the possibility of the former Tigers and Broncos prop joining the Eels for their run to the finals.

Parramatta are keen to bolster their front row depth as they bid to break their premiership drought, but don’t want to pay over $200,000 to do it.

However, the Eels could opt to emulate the Panthers’ acquisition of Tevita Pangai Jr on a short-term deal last season around five weeks out from the finals.

The Eels need to sign Lodge before August 1 if they want him to be eligible to play in the 2022 finals series.

The Eels are reportedly trying to lure former Warriors star Matt Lodge to Parramatta for the remainder of the 2022 season.

The Sydney Morning Herald reported the Eels have made inquiries about Lodge’s availability and what it would cost them on the salary cap for the rest of the year.

The NRL has estimated Lodge’s current market value and told the Eels they would need to come up with $20,000 a game for a total of $250,000 on their salary cap to sign Lodge.

That amount will decrease every week Lodge remains unsigned, which opens the possibility of the former Tigers and Broncos prop joining the Eels for their run to the finals.

Parramatta are keen to bolster their front row depth as they bid to break their premiership drought, but don’t want to pay over $200,000 to do it.

However, the Eels could opt to emulate the Panthers’ acquisition of Tevita Pangai Jr on a short-term deal last season around five weeks out from the finals.

The Eels need to sign Lodge before August 1 if they want him to be eligible to play in the 2022 finals series.

Strong Depth in the forwards for the finals . Good move by the eels

Or in the alternate universe of light and far horizons, they thought ‘thanks, but no thanks.’
I'm not concerned on who the player is but in general if Manly is light on any position we don't go into the market to find that player to help us out for the season.

It's annoying that Manly is light on forwards but can't sign someone mid season but teams like Eels can. Manly's cap must be bloated and goes to show we pay overs for players.
How are Manly “light on forwards”?Not sure there’s anyone of note that is out injured,forwards wise.So your argument leads me to believe you mean talent wise Manly are light on forwards.That being the case,Lodge does not increase Manly’s talent level in the forwards.It certainly increases their penalty count and wa*ker levels

How are Manly “light on forwards”?Not sure there’s anyone of note that is out injured,forwards wise.So your argument leads me to believe you mean talent wise Manly are light on forwards.That being the case,Lodge does not increase Manly’s talent level in the forwards.It certainly increases their penalty count and wa*ker levels
I had a great uncle who knew a bit about the game. He once observed, c.1979, that Parramatta and Kangaroo prop Graham Olling was ‘just a forward.’

When the topic of Lodge comes up, I always think ‘he is just a forward.’ There is no great talent there. We already have much more talented forwards than Lodge.

At least Olling played for Country, NSW and Australia. Lodge will not enhance this club’s reputation by being a part of it. My understanding is that his victims (including a 9-year old boy at the time), have never been compensated for the trauma he put them through. Happy to stand corrected.

Plus if the gossip is true, he was a disruptive influence at the Broncos and Warriors. We don’t need players like that.

Last edited:

Excellent...one of his untimely penalties can cost the Eels in a semi-final! Perfect!

I had a great uncle who knew a bit about the game. He once observed, c.1979, that Parramatta and Kangaroo prop Graham Olling was ‘just a forward.’

When the topic of Lodge comes up, I always think ‘he is just a forward.’ There is no great talent there. We already have much more talented forwards than Lidge.

At least Olling played for Country, NSW and Australia. Lodge will not enhance this club’s reputation by being a part of it. My understanding is that his victims (including a 9-year old boy at the time), have never been compensated for the trauma he put them through. Happy to stand corrected.

Plus if the gossip is true, he was a disruptive influence at the Broncos and Warriors. We don’t need players like that.
I take the NY situation out of any argument when talking about Lodge because it’s a no brainer in terms of whether or not he’s the type of character you want at your club.But since his return,he continually gave away penalties,was disruptive at clubs and any time the team is getting beaten late in the game,he becomes grubby

Not necessarily talking about Manly trying to sign Lodge but in general where we are light in the team. We never seem to sign anyone if we need more depth to help us through the season.

So $20k per game into $250k = 12.5 games, or have the NRL slapped a $10k "admin fee" on top of that?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8