Matt ballin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
dowdz said:
bob dylan said:
Its the Matt Ballins of our team that us great.

His head should be one of the last put on the chopping block.

Spot on Bob. Ballin is behind Smith in my opinion. He and others in the team get the job done with no fuss. Great clubman

Again,i like who he is BUT we have a team of stars that all need new contracts

Plus while he is behind Smith as best hooker,he isnt half the player that Smith is

mr seagles said:
I agree he needs to stay BUT he is the back up soo hooker ,does he want more money too!!!!!!! we can not keep everyone.....it is very quiet about hes future matter of fact there is nothing about hes future lately and to me that is a worry....
Trollin trollin trollin, gotta love your trollin

As a 2 time premiership winning hooker and a player that rarely misses a game, Ballin is now surely a 400k+ a year player.

It's very possible we won't be able to keep him.

DSM5 said:
Maybe Tookey, or maybe he's our next 5/8th, but Ballin's the best hooker we have atm. I don't see the need to sell him. There's been so much conjecture as to our player movements, most of it total crap. I note that the Stewart move to the Goons seems to have fizzled.

You could well be right about the Buhrer shift DSM. I read a snippet in the paper the other day stating Foran's manager is looking for 14% of our cap or 600,000 indexed to 700,000.

If they give DCE 500,000 I don't think we will realisticly be able to accommodate both...I'm sure hasler is licking his lips at that scenario.

bones said:
Stevo said:
Has anyone asked Matt Ballin his opinion on this matter?
Why should his opinion matter? ......... He does what he is told :p

lol, my point is that Matt isn't one of those greedy type blokes. He runs his own personal training business on the peninsula. Why would he want to move? All of his kids were born there. Maybe he would be happy to stay on the same salary or even take a paycut to stay? Who knows?

Just another thread about nothing with no information to back it up adding to the already out of control hysteria surrounding player movements that may or not happen.

Dan79 said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
To keep both halves I think,

Ballin, Oldfield, Lussick, Robinson will have to go. Galuvao and Rose might have to have their 2013 playing fee paid out
Ummm you have to try and cut players that are on decent money that you think you can cover with a cheaper player. Oldfield and Robinson save you very few dollars because there replacement costs you money. Eg Oldfield on 120k replace with Newfield at 80k. Net difference 40k. This was an example only I don't know oldfields salary.
The cheaper players are more likely to be safe, unless they are also hunting for a big pay rise. So the cuts you propose don't work

you can only cut players coming off contract unless you want to pay players contracts out

manlyborn said:
DSM5 said:
Maybe Tookey, or maybe he's our next 5/8th, but Ballin's the best hooker we have atm. I don't see the need to sell him. There's been so much conjecture as to our player movements, most of it total crap. I note that the Stewart move to the Goons seems to have fizzled.

You could well be right about the Buhrer shift DSM. I read a snippet in the paper the other day stating Foran's manager is looking for 14% of our cap or 600,000 indexed to 700,000.

If they give DCE 500,000 I don't think we will realisticly be able to accommodate both...I'm sure hasler is licking his lips at that scenario.

It has been reported that DCE 's deal came about by transferring another player's third party deal.

Which player was getting the deal or going to get the deal and no longer needs it ?

I don't think people realise how much of part MB plays in our team. He is so consistent. And being an80min man gives is flexibility on the bench.
MB stays before players 18 thru 25

No question. The eagle said that MB is half the player of smith which is bull**** he just plays a different role. Quality person and player has he ever missed a game through injury?

Stevo said:
lol, my point is that Matt isn't one of those greedy type blokes. He runs his own personal training business on the peninsula. Why would he want to move? All of his kids were born there. Maybe he would be happy to stay on the same salary or even take a paycut to stay? Who knows?

For these reasons I'll be very surprised if he doesn't stay with us.

As Niccipops said, he's an absolute legend, so underrated and his high workrate will be very much missed whenever he does leave.

Also he spoke really well on The Game Plan last night (surprised nobody mentioned it).

He'll stay on the same wage, maybe a little upgrade if Kite, Rose and Joe are dropped. After all, he has been on the same contract for 5 years so he is deserving of an upgrade.

Definite clubman who deserves to stay here until retirement, or at least until he has to get his son up to Queensland to qualify for the maroons :mad:

Matt Ballin is like the ball kids at Wimbledon. He is such a constant don't even notice him while he quietly contributes to premierships. Take him out and everything would look very messy indeed.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2