Matt ballin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mr seagles

Reserve Grader
How does matt ballin fit into all this drama hes must want good dollars and hes off contract maybe they might let him go and put liam foran or higgins,,,,thoughts

Why would you want to see this happen? He is one of the best and most consistent in the team

To keep both halves I think,

Ballin, Oldfield, Lussick, Robinson will have to go. Galuvao and Rose might have to have their 2013 playing fee paid out

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:

Ballin, Oldfield, Lussick, Robinson will have to go. Galuvao and Rose might have to have their 2013 playing fee paid out
On top of losing Stewart fmd :(

You're dreaming Ernie and Mrs Seaeagles. If DCE and Foran wants half the cap, then they can go and find themselves another Bond. I don't want this club to go under shoveling cash at two players. And I especially don't want any of the up and coming forwards to be sacrificed on the alter of greed.

Its the Matt Ballins of our team that us great.

His head should be one of the last put on the chopping block.

Maybe Tookey, or maybe he's our next 5/8th, but Ballin's the best hooker we have atm. I don't see the need to sell him. There's been so much conjecture as to our player movements, most of it total crap. I note that the Stewart move to the Goons seems to have fizzled.

Ballin doesnt even fit into the frame on the issue of who might be released/let go etc.

To relieve cap pressure without cruelling the playing squad which is crucial to our success in the next 24 months, we do that by looking at areas of strong depth. One high value player (back) and either one or two forwards.

Ballin is a reliable constant who handles the ball the most. We wont be messing with that at this stage.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:

Ummm you have to try and cut players that are on decent money that you think you can cover with a cheaper player. Oldfield and Robinson save you very few dollars because there replacement costs you money. Eg Oldfield on 120k replace with Newfield at 80k. Net difference 40k. This was an example only I don't know oldfields salary.
The cheaper players are more likely to be safe, unless they are also hunting for a big pay rise. So the cuts you propose don't work

Matt Ballin in our most underrated player. Don't underestimate his importantance in our 2 Premierships. Monas was arguably our most important player in 07 and everyone thought his loss would hurt us, but Ballins great and early service was the edge that gave our halves space and a 40 premiership win (as well as a Dally M for Ox). Too many halves these days think about opportunities for themselves first and their outside men second. What they ultimately do is cost valuable time from their halves and allow defences to get up on them. Ballins service is crucial to our attack and thats not even taking into account the work he gets through in defence.

I agree he needs to stay BUT he is the back up soo hooker ,does he want more money too!!!!!!! we can not keep everyone.....it is very quiet about hes future matter of fact there is nothing about hes future lately and to me that is a worry....

You are right much better if we were hearing what Matt wants too. The one thing the club needs right now is for everyone to get into the media and ask for a pay rise. It is the best thing to do

DSM5 said:
You're dreaming Ernie and Mrs Seaeagles. If DCE and Foran wants half the cap, then they can go and find themselves another Bond. I don't want this club to go under shoveling cash at two players. And I especially don't want any of the up and coming forwards to be sacrificed on the alter of greed.

I didnt say I supported it, but doing the sums I can t see how we can fit Daley and Kieran within the cap if they aren't let go

bob dylan said:
Its the Matt Ballins of our team that us great.

His head should be one of the last put on the chopping block.

Spot on Bob. Ballin is behind Smith in my opinion. He and others in the team get the job done with no fuss. Great clubman

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6