Matt Ballin retires

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Congratulations on a top shelf career Matty.
Look back on your career and premierships with pride.

Absolute legend. One of my favourite players from our dominant late 2000's teams. I'm sorry to see him retire under such inauspicious circumstances.

Can we spell his name properly please? - [FIXED NOW - Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done matty, sad to hear of your retirement, a true manly legend.

Agree with many that we should bring you back to the club asap. Water boy would be perfect, could deliver messages from experience and keep manly mentality soaring

Well done matty, sad to hear of your retirement, a true manly legend.

Agree with many that we should bring you back to the club asap. Water boy would be perfect, could deliver messages from experience and keep manly mentality soaring
That's how Dessie and Tooves started and he said he wants to coach so get him in.

Fantastic player & great bloke who gladly had a long chat with my family & I in the sheds after a win against the Storm in 2013. Will forever be known as a 2 time Manly premiership player. Actually that should be 3 time premiership player as we should also be given the 2007 trophy as we were beaten by salary cap cheats.

Gave wonderful service to Manly with his great work ethic and solid performances and i am sure that all league followers wish him and his family well . I thought at one stage that he had a reputation as an iron man in playing for some impressive sequence of consecutive matches. I noticed in one of his interviews tonight that he expressed some interest in returning to Rugby League in some capacity such as lower grade coaching but no doubt he would be welcomed back at Manly in at least some role .

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7