Matt Ballin retires

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Had a horrible run of injuries to round out his career - as much as it was sad to see him go we made the right decision cutting him loose.

Great player for us, ironically mainly because of his reliability and dependability. Retires with two premierships, much deserved - who will forget his try in 2008 GF to kick off proceedings. Defensively sound with great service from dummy half, joins an illustrious list of quality Manly rakes.

Now we just have to wait for him to become the 5th inductee into MWSE life members list as promised - unless they have forgotten about their newly minted honour

http://www.go1.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/12/09/sea_eagles_announce_.html

We might have a hard time getting him back. Cleary will want the help and they will need to pay Matty for 2017 anyway. Then again, the Tigers are idiots and generally don't retain talent.

A great guy and 2 time premiership winner with Manly.

Shook my hand when I watched Manly beat the warriors in New Zealand. (then again...so did James Hasson...)

I was relieved when we were in all sorts of re-signing trouble and he penned a new deal which seemed to give many comfort.

Of course...he got turfed the next year but it was appreciated at the time.

best of luck Matt....may I never have to take one of your fitness classes.

Always knew he was a class act when he showed up for Killer's farewell.

As tough and as fit as they come and would have played a stack of origins had it not been for Scam Smith.

Well done Matty B. Enjoy retirement. You've earned it.

Matty B was the pride of our club and stood out in our 08 and 11 premierships, he was a vital player for us with a work rate that no other could match. When he was forced out in 15 it was really heartbreaking for many of us.

Now that he has retired. I implore the owners of our club to get him back to our club as he has Manly blood running through his veins and as a football club member, I sincerely hope that ar our AGM later this year he is inducted as a life member of our club.

Thanks for the memories Matty, your legacy will never be forgotten by our fans!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8