Match thread: Manly v Eels Trial - News & Info, Team Lists, Score Updates etc.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Sea Eagles score through Jorge Taufua on the left edge. 24-8, kick to come

Taufua is over again on the left wing. 24-14. kick to come.
DCE scores the conversion and it’s 24-16 to the Eels

Manly Sea Eagles ‏@manlyseaeagles 1m
Forward pass call ruins @yo_jorgetaufua going over for his Hat trick. Jorge goes off holding his shoulder too… #ManPar #NrlTrial

Manly Sea Eagles ‏@manlyseaeagles 38s
A great offload on the line sees @mattballin9 dive over from close range. We’re coming @TheParraEels!!! Man 20-24 Parra KTC
Manly Sea Eagles ‏@manlyseaeagles 2m

DCE nails the extras | Manly 22-24 Parra #ManPar #NRLTrial

Another close fwd pass ruling stops @ClintGutherson scoring in the corner after some great footwork from Peta Hiku. #ManPar

https://twitter.com/manlyseaeagles

Forward pass call ruins @yo_jorgetaufua going over for his Hat trick. Jorge goes off holding his shoulder too… #ManPar #NrlTrial

Manly Sea Eagles ‏@manlyseaeagles 38s
A great offload on the line sees @mattballin9 dive over from close range. We’re coming @TheParraEels!!! Man 20-24 Parra KTC
Manly Sea Eagles ‏@manlyseaeagles 2m

Another close fwd pass ruling stops @ClintGutherson scoring in the corner after some great footwork from Peta Hiku. #ManPar

Parramatta Eels ‏@TheParraEels 1m

Jayden Hodges scores for the Sea Eagles. They’re in front 26-24, KTC. 4 minutes left. #NRLmanpar #blueandgold

Manly Sea Eagles ‏@manlyseaeagles 53s

TRYTIME!!! Jayden Hodges darts over for his first ever try in the maroon and white to give us the lead with 4 mins to play #ManPar #gomanly

Parramatta Eels ‏@TheParraEels 55s
Conversion successful, Manly up 28-24. #NRLmanpar #blueandgold

Manly Sea Eagles ‏@manlyseaeagles
A forward pass from the Eels means we have an attacking scrum 30m out with 31 to go | Man 4-24 Par #ManPar #NRLTrial

Parramatta Eels ‏@TheParraEels
Jayden Hodges scores for the Sea Eagles. They’re in front 26-24, KTC. 4 minutes left. #NRLmanpar #blueandgold

TRYTIME!!! Jayden Hodges darts over for his first ever try in the maroon and white to give us the lead with 4 mins to play #ManPar #gomanly

@ClintGutherson nails the conversion & we’re in front! | Manly 28-24 Parra. Under 3 mins to play. #ManPar #gomanly

FULLTIME: @manlyseaeagles 28-24 @TheParraEels #MANPAR

Who were our standout props tonight. Have we narrowed it down to which 2 props will get the nod with King and BJ. My guess is Starling and Lui will get first crack at the bench spots.

ifernolan said:
How did Gutherson play?

He went well with the limited time he was on, made a break which should have resulted ina Brett Stewert try, I thought Hodges and Lui went really well, both are very mobile especially Hodges

Sea Eagles leave it late to defeat Eels

Tim Ashworth
Saturday 22 February 2014 9:47 PM

A big second half comeback from the men in maroon and white has sent the Parramatta Eels packing from Brookvale Oval in the last trial before the NRL season kicks off.

With some notable former players and staff in attendance, the match had a little more than your normal trial riding on it.

It turned out to be the classic tale of two halves, with both Brad Arthur and Geoff Toovey sending out the players fighting for spots in their round one team for the first half.

Click here to read the full article at seaeagles.com.au

Hodges was very solid when he debuted for the Cowboys just before the finals last year. I knew right away we were getting a good one.

All the regulars looked crisp and ready for the Season.
Snake missing the first bomb was the last mistake he made. His passing, Foz's and DCE's was sublime :)

The future looks bright, can't wait for the season to start.

The Jane Try regulars were all cheering and happy at the end of the night :)

Littlejohn's bomb brought oohs and aahs, it was so high. I really liked him.

Starlo is a BJ clone and Hasson got more game time, so he too got to show his wares.

Get Foxtel on folks, as Nine will waste the airtime on SB/SBW :mad:

How did the kid from Woy Woy who came down to Manly last year called Mitch Manson go? Plays full back or wing. Was a star in Central Coast comp at 18. Did he get a go?

Bearfax said:
How did the kid from Woy Woy who came down to Manly last year called Mitch Manson go? Plays full back or wing. Was a star in Central Coast comp at 18. Did he get a go?

Mitch played, great kid, a bit on the small side does get pushed around on the field, his best position is fullback, not a winger at this level, I watched him against Cronulla as well and the opposition scored a couple on his wing. His defence lets him down at times mainly because the bigger guys just palm him off, he tries hard. Has injured his foot in yesterdays game and is wearing a moon boot.

Thanks Eagle Rock. Hope he builds up. Heard good things about him on the Central Coast and was one of the main reasons his Woy Woy Roosters team won their comp 18 months ago.

Do you also know what has happened to that young speedster from Rockhampton or Mackay I think, who Manly brought down about 2 years ago as a 14 year old. Said to have blistering pace and was a junior running athletics champion. he should be in the SG Ball or Matthews by now....sorry cant recall his name

Bearfax said:
Thanks Eagle Rock. Hope he builds up. Heard good things about him on the Central Coast and was one of the main reasons his Woy Woy Roosters team won their comp 18 months ago.

Do you also know what has happened to that young speedster from Rockhampton or Mackay I think, who Manly brought down about 2 years ago as a 14 year old. Said to have blistering pace and was a junior running athletics champion. he should be in the SG Ball or Matthews by now....sorry cant recall his name

he has given up on league to compete at exercising full time

Bearfax said:

His name is Joshua Robinson is the track whiz is set for stardom after being offered an athletics scholarship by a US College via Facebook Just turned 18, Robinson is so multi-talented he plays rugby at Toowoomba Grammar, was once signed to NRL side Manly and recently spurned a three-year contract from the Cowboys.

But the 400-metre sensation has made the definitive call to shun NRL riches for a track career _ and now the fiercely-competitive US College system is attempting to lure him offshore. You can't do both sports, so has decided to concentrate on his running. Some of these Champion Runners are fantastic running in a straight line but throw them a ball, step and tackle and play in a team environment and they can struggle. Good luck to the kid.

Yep. You've got to follow the path you consider right for you in life. Could have been a a great winger though.

HappilyManly said:
Ceccin is one of the refs - blows like he gets paid by it :mad:

He was one of the refs? I'm sorry but I'm just never going to like him. I know it's in the past now but I'm just never going to get past that game back in 2009- at Brookvale Oval- when he robbed Manly of the two premiership points by giving them to the Titans. But, overall, good on ya boys!

stewartbrett(female supporter) said:
I know it's in the past now but I'm just never going to get past that game back in 2009- at Brookvale Oval- when he robbed Manly of the two premiership points by giving them to the Titans.
That one was actually at skilled stadium and Cecchin ruined the first live Manly match I'd seen in a couple of years. Later that year Manly got some revenge by smashing the Titans at Brookie.
But yeah, that error started him off getting it all wrong with Manly and he's still doing it today. Bloody Cecchin.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4