• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Huge double page story on Matai in this week's Big LEague.

Gary Freeman thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread and a certainty for a Centre position with the kiwis.

A lot of talk about his brilliant, rattling defence. Reading it I was wondering if it was a gee-up, given how ambivalent most on this site are towards him.

I think he's adequate but would put him in the lowest quarter of centres in the NRL.

Thoughts?

Freeman would think that, only because Matai is a niggle merchant just like Freeman was.

Matai has improved since last year IMO, but still has a way to go before you'd rate him in the top 25% of NRL centres.

As for playing centre for NZ, he probably hasn't got that much competition ahead of him. Toopi and Whatuira.

yeah read that, never mentioned his running out of the line like a maniac and letting blokes run past him, read it twice in fact, there was definately no mention!

Matai is a bench player who can fill in at centre or the second row. Definate more impact that Williamson. Hits harder, runs harder. If we snag Lyon, I'd love to see Matai on the bench at the expense of Willow.

may not have that choice, business decision i guess, Matai is on contract and Burnsy isnt, so if we have to lose one, guess which one it will be !

may not have that choice, business decision i guess, Matai is on contract and Burnsy isnt, so if we have to lose one, guess which one it will be !

Contracts mean **** all these days, who knows what will happen.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4