Matai.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its a left field (... or rather left centre) idea, but what do people think about Stewart moving to centre? Too slow for fullback with Turbo around, keeps him happy for the final year of the contract and doesn't leave us with a culture vacuum (assuming Stewart still gives a ****)

Its a left field (... or rather left centre) idea, but what do people think about Stewart moving to centre? Too slow for fullback with Turbo around, keeps him happy for the final year of the contract and doesn't leave us with a culture vacuum (assuming Stewart still gives a ****)
If he stays he'll continue to be mentally not here and playing like he doesn't give a **** and probably missing 90% of games to injury anyway. So whatever happens as sad as it is he will be a passenger. He 100% deserves the $$$ owing to him but another season of **** he's served up this year is not a fitting way for a true champion and legend of our club to finish. Time to go.

I've been told Matai been given till end of pre Christmas training without any physical contact training, presently his neck is stiff as, and struggles with movement without pain: on that basis would you risk playing next year? Guess we need to wait.

Anyway no matter what he does he still goes down as one of our best centres ever!

I've been told Matai been given till end of pre Christmas training without any physical contact training, presently his neck is stiff as, and struggles with movement without pain: on that basis would you risk playing next year? Guess we need to wait.

Anyway no matter what he does he still goes down as one of our best centres ever!

In reality, with that information, he's gone!!

Love to see him going around another year but don't want to see him going through so much pain, just for a few more dollars.

I assume if he doesn't get cleared we suddenly have another circa $600k spare in the cap , and if so some of those rumours may come into play.

if true what a sad story :( not that he wont play again.. but the fact his neck injury is not getting better after his surgery :(

did he have a disc replacement in the neck ? does anybody know ?

In reality, with that information, he's gone!!

Love to see him going around another year but don't want to see him going through so much pain, just for a few more dollars.

I assume if he doesn't get cleared we suddenly have another circa $600k spare in the cap , and if so some of those rumours may come into play.

I agree with you
Steve deserves to be sent off the right way and he does not need to prove himself anymore, manly legend and a club great who truly understands the Manly sea eagles culture and what we are all about.

Let him retire and risk no further injury.

As someone as said previously I will be very surprised if snake or Steve play again in 2017

I think a fast centre would run around him. He'd struggle massively in defense. Lacks power and strength. Club should make him an offer to be a trainer so he can help Turbo call the defense like Alfie does!

If Stevie isn't able to play on it would be great for him to stay involved with the club.
I think he really does epitomise the Manly culture we all speak of.
I would love to see him working with our 20's or NSW Cup teams.
Coaching the 20's would be the go. He'd scare the shiit out of the kids in tackle sessions, and I reckon there'd be plenty of poly kids that'd come just to play under Steve.....he is a god to them!,and he definitely couldn't do any worse than the official nuffies they've got in there atm.

Damn auto correct :)
It is sad that it might be the end of Matai and he will be hard to replace, though the if I could have a player to replace him it would be Jack Bird.
I believe that he is contracted until the end of 2017. I know it would take some money to get him but he is aggressive, young and comes to with Origin and grand final experience.

It is sad that it might be the end of Matai and he will be hard to replace, though the if I could have a player to replace him it would be Jack Bird.
I believe that he is contracted until the end of 2017. I know it would take some money to get him but he is aggressive, young and comes to with Origin and grand final experience.
We should target Jack Bird to play 6.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4