• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 link said:
Very funny Clon, but I wasn't referring to myself.  I thought my posts on most subjects this year were quite rational and well constructed.  I'm sorry I've disappointed you.  My guess is that you're in the camp of those who think Matai should play on in this nonsense competition regardless of the long term health implications.  My view is that he owes more to his club and its 2009 plans.         

I was joking mate, its a rare day around here that I dont make a smart arse remark to someone.

If anyone was going to concerned about his health implications, wouldnt you reckon it would be the bloke himself?

I know he probably isnt the sharpest tool in the shed, but do you really honestly think for a second that if he or his doctors thought for a second that he could end up with long term neck/back problems that he/they would continue to allow him to play??

I have every faith in Steve and our club and the NZ doctors, all professionals, not forum posters (having a go at myself here too). They know a lot more about it than we do and are the ones qualified to make those decisions.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
You're all hypocrites here are some comments made by people on this forum during the year on matai.
1.can't tackle
2.injury prone
3.comes of the line to quickly in defence
4.gives away to many penalties
How come bell or even lyon (when playing in the centres),wern't any of the above.Dsm5 you have a good point the guy is a liability in the centres. 

LOL, liability, suppose we were lucky to win the comp then when the guys he marked in the finals were Gasnier, Tate and Folau, all internationals.

Bell probably copped as much crap over the year as Matai did as well

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
Dsm5 you have a good point the guy is a liability in the centres. 

How do you follow a team so passionately when you quite clearly don't watch any games?

This topic seems to be losing it's thread.  The point is, Stevie almost always never finished a game this season without clutching his neck or shoulder or both.  He came off in the GF doing exactly that.  Now he's doing it in this world cup farce.  I thought I'd read that he was booked in for surgery straight after the GF, but obviously that was wrong.  His health issues are obviously not bad or career threatening or else he would have gone to hospital and got himself better, is the current mantra.  I happen to think the guys a dope for playing on and he owes it big time to Manly to stop, get himself 100% and rest and prepare for next years defense of our title.  (Kiwi, as I posted, he had a reasonable semi finals campaign, although I thought his GF game was his worst.  Folau pasted him)   

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6