• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matabele link said:
Who really believes they're \"devastated\" when they drop out.  That's just a PC line dumped into a media release. 

I beleive Brett Stewart would have been, in the front running to be the Australian fullback in arguably the strongest era that fullbacks have had in Australia, as long as the chance to play alongside his brother

I used to love the hit and giggle of the off-season touch football comp too when I played.  But I wouldn't have played it with a busted ankle for instance if it meant a late start to the real rugby the next season. 

Do we know if Matai will have a late start from delaying surgery?  Not really been paying too much attention to reports in the media.

Kiwi, I take your point absolutely, it's just that I happen to disagree about the merits of this comp.  And I sympathise with the Dogs re Price.  A players personal wants and desires should take second fiddle to the clubs, and I'd have my doubts about that being the only issue Price had with the club.  From memory the salary cap had a lot to do with it.  .  Garts, what planet are you on?  if you read my posts correctly, you'll see that my opinion changed with regards to Matai's ability going through the semi's.  I'm not saying players shouldn't play, I don't really care, I'm only about Matai's long term health.  If he continues to not finish games, then his playing for us in 09 maybe under a cloud.  Lyon sees the reality of ones situation and isn't interested.  Have a break, get fit, play better. 

Justy because many of us think the World Cup is a farce, it doesn't mean that the players do. They may see it with a different perspective.

Canteen Worker link said:
Justy because many of us think the World Cup is a farce, it doesn't mean that the players do. They may see it with a different perspective.
  There's money on the table is there?

I recall talking to Robbo a couple of years ago and he told me he couldn't wait to play for Scotland.    "To play for the 'thistles' is a dream come true".   

He certainly picked up his game though.  He should have been picked for Australia, great finisher..

Yet another Matabele "I told you so moment".

Matai carried off on a stretcher and in a neck brace?  For what?  So he can be a spectator to Benji Marshall playing speed humps on the way to the try line.  Why should Matai risk our 2009 while Marshall won't even risk his shoulder in a tackle?

He should have had his surgery weeks ago.  Let's hope he's booked in for Monday.

I know he is a proud Kiwi and a tough competitor, but seriously enough is enough. The Kiwis are a million to one to win the Cup so he should just pull the pin now and get himself right for next season.

Zorba just said on 2ky that Des told him that Steve was resting in hospital and the injury is not as bad as 1st thought

Enough is enough, time to pull him out, and get fixed, IF the injury is fixable

We have a different post match to you guys over here, apparently the doctor told him to stop playing with his life, and Matai agreed with him so hopefully that is it.
They did mention though that he was fine and back on his feet post match, filthy that he had to come off the field

I thought Manly had a 'no dickheads' policy.  Maybe we should have one on this blog. 

DSM5 link said:
I thought Manly had a 'no dickheads' policy.  Maybe we should have one on this blog. 
  Place would never have gotten off the ground if that was the case. 

Very funny Clon, but I wasn't referring to myself.  I thought my posts on most subjects this year were quite rational and well constructed.  I'm sorry I've disappointed you.  My guess is that you're in the camp of those who think Matai should play on in this nonsense competition regardless of the long term health implications.  My view is that he owes more to his club and its 2009 plans.         

You're all hypocrites here are some comments made by people on this forum during the year on matai.
1.can't tackle
2.injury prone
3.comes of the line to quickly in defence
4.gives away to many penalties
How come bell or even lyon (when playing in the centres),wern't any of the above.Dsm5 you have a good point the guy is a liability in the centres. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6