• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 link said:
Why doesn't the club have an influence with Stevie?  Surely he should be taking the off season to get his shoulder and other parts in order for 09.  Just who pays the season's wages for this idiot?  Williams?  we'll have to see whether Des gets some mileage out of this big guy.

It's that attitude in soccer that makes life difficult for the intrernational game & makes players almost feel guilty for representing their countries.

I love the Sea Eagles, but I'll say the same as I did when we were on the bottom & other clubs were whining about the rep season. Stuff the clubs. If you want the best players then you have to deal with what that entails. If you don't like it then buy a bunch of no-hopers that wont bother you with rep footy.

For all sports the pinnacle is to be considered among the best in your country & to have a shot at being best in the world. I'd love to see a gridiron test series between the yanks & the Canadians for example. More rep footy, not less.

And before any suggestions come my way, the Manly GF win means 1000000 times more to me than the Roos winning the world cup. But it's not about me, or you, it's about the game itself.

Garts link said:
I can not understand why Luke and Inu were not in the team.  Luke is a great player and has creativity they need.  Whilst Inu had a quit season so did the whole Parra team, the selectors know what he is capable of.  Gee your selectors are stupid Kiwi.

Luke was a must, and the worst call from a selector for a very long time. Inu I wanted in the side, but understood why he wasn't there, on form from 1-5 he couldn't really displace any of them (I am no big Perrett fan but he is always solid). Fa'alongo should have also been playing, and Kearney followed Bellamys stupidity with NSW only picked 1 front rower on the bench

I was ropable when they released the side, Mainly about Isaac Luke because i rate him so highly

Clon, all I can say is Matai was scheduled for surgery a week after the Grand Final for his shoulder and his bulging disc.  Then he's suddenly of to the 'world cup'.  That concerns me.  I don't give a stuff about this phony comp, the Premiership is all there is.  We need Matai fully fit to take the GF 09.  Duff, I only care about the Sea Eagles, not in promoting Stuart, Gallop, Love, Chanel 9, or any other hangers-on.  If taking the game to the world is what it's all about then having Australia whipping all comers, and excluding certain players from playing for their country is not the way to expand the game.  The game itself suffers from these debacles.  There are other ways to expand this great game.  Soccer does not suffer from clubs having their players at home instead of playing in wanky comps.  Seems that when I last looked, soccer was the worlds most popular football game.  Orford?  played well in the semis and the GF.  I just didn't happen to agree with him being the most consistently best player all year, and there were many who agreed with me.  Willo? I was happy to have Willo playing in the games that he did, but wasn't calling for him to get back into the side once he was out injured.  We won through the semis without him, but his contribution to the club shouldn't be trashed by you Gronk.     

The thing you aren't grasping though DSM is that the players themselves you want to deliver that premiership, all grow up wanting to play at the highest levels. If you block a number of them from doing that, then you start to get unhappy players, and that starts to destabilise the side

As a kid the thing you want to do is represent your country. Fair enough. Bulging disks are nasty things and two friends have them. One has spent the last two months spending 50 mins every hour flat on her back. The other has had two lots of surgery and still has massive problems. Nasty things and if that is the issue, it should be surgery and rest.

Duff link said:
If you want the best players then you have to deal with what that entails. If you don't like it then buy a bunch of no-hopers that wont bother you with rep footy.

That worked well for us during this year's Origin series (which means something).

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=178843.msg202039#msg202039 date=1225165418]
If you want the best players then you have to deal with what that entails. If you don't like it then buy a bunch of no-hopers that wont bother you with rep footy.

That worked well for us during this year's Origin series (which means something).
[/quote]Means something to Qlders!!

Matabele link said:

[/quote]

We don't have no-hopers & our lads got rorted. Best of both worlds for Manly this year & maybe it got us a premiership.
It wont get us three though. Maybe if the same idiots select SOO next year it could get us two. But if we want to keep the team at a similar level for years to come, we'll have to deal with it.

I'm no hypocrite. I was telling other supporters to f**k off & cop it in previous years & we must do the same. If we are truly better than them, this wont make a difference (maybe the cap will but that is what has kept us alive).

The whole point of this site is that we are supposed to be of a more advanced intellect than those who frequent other sites. Lets not start whinging about inequities now that we're on top. Lets start coming up with ways to stay there. 

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=178843.msg202053#msg202053 date=1225188304]

[/quote]Means something to Qlders!!
[/quote]

So you'd rather there was no origin CW?  Pull the other one, it plays jingle bells!

Duff, the way to stay up there is to ensure fit and refreshed players take the field from day one.  Kiwi, I'm sure Matai wouldn't be dribbling into his warm milk if he stood down from this ****e comp  to get his body totally good.  And Robbo, I'm certain wouldn't be bothered if he wasn't picked for Scotland.  Get a grip.  Manly winning the NRL premiership is what it's all about.  Just who gets excited when Australia win again...and again....and again...admit it guys, it's a nonsense comp.   

I notice Gidley has been booked straight into surgery though he could probably continue at a pinch if he absolutely had to.

And that leaves Australia with just one hooker and very little utility back-up for the rest of the comp. 

Mata, Anyone in the group could play in any position on the field and we'd still win in a canter.  Thurston could play by himself and we'd still win.  Call me parochial or tribal if you like, but the premiership is all that matters to me.  If players want to participate in this world cup thing, I don't really care, unless it's one of our guys, like Matai, playing injured, then I do care about the long term impact on Manly.   

DSM5 link said:
Duff, the way to stay up there is to ensure fit and refreshed players take the field from day one.  Kiwi, I'm sure Matai wouldn't be dribbling into his warm milk if he stood down from this S**te comp  to get his body totally good.  And Robbo, I'm certain wouldn't be bothered if he wasn't picked for Scotland.  Get a grip.  Manly winning the NRL premiership is what it's all about.  Just who gets excited when Australia win again...and again....and again...admit it guys, it's a nonsense comp.    

You have the blinkers on DSM

If it didn't mean anything to the players, Matai wouldn't be playing on with what he is at the moment, Brett Stewart wouldn't have been devastated to have to drop out of it, and Robertson wouldn't have been belting out Flower of Scotland as he was before the game the other night

That is the point that you are missing

While a Premiership is all that matters to YOU, and the World Cup in not important, for those blokes that are actually on the park winning a World Cup would be just as important to them. I am sure it is important to 90% of the players running around in the NRL at the moment

Kiwi,
I'm sure you're right that the players think it's a great thing.  I don't.  Robbo would have belted out 'God Save the Queen' if he was picked for England, or whatever it is Australians sing, if he made the Australian side (which I think he should have been before Williams).  I guess Brett was devastated not playing alongside his brother in what is laughingly called 'an international'.  That doesn't happen that often.  I can't say anything about Matai's motivation other than pure ego.  Look, I don't really care about this thing other than to be concerned with Matai's health.  I happen to have been turned throughout the finals series about his ability and acknowledge he is going to be very important in our premiership defense in 09.  Therefore I don't want whatever he has wrong with his body to be further damaged.   

Your 1st line shows my point DSM

The players think it is a great thing, and if the club started blocking them from participating in rep games, then we may start getting some unhappiness in the camp which we don't want

I have heard Steve Price on radio saying the only reason he left the Bulldogs was because they were pushing for him to retire from Rep footy

Who really believes they're "devastated" when they drop out.  That's just a PC line dumped into a media release. 

DSM5 stop you farking whinging.  If Matai gets hurt and misses games for Manly you should be happy considering you have told us all over and over again how sh!t he is. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8