Matai rumour from Footy Show

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
M

markbn

Heard on the Footy Show that Matai's manager is looking elsewhere since Manly signed Lyon.
Don't know how much credibility seeing as though it came out of that slimey Weidler's mouth :blah:
Don't Manly have the final say as they would have to release him from his signed contract?

Please let this be the first time Danny Weidler gets something right!!!!

Let's hope he goes to the Eels so Lyon can exploit the macadamised highway to the tryline that Matai represents.

!pray: !pray:

Matai is under contrcat so he cant go anywhere unless the club wants to let him go.

with all his faults, and he has many, id like to see him hang around just for depth, we will lose 2 centres to Origin next year after all.

Ever since he got selected on standby for NZ his form has dropped. Prior to that i would have put him in the top 6 players. As a 22 yo (about to turn 23) he is still young and can be taught. I thought his goal line defense and some of his runs as season highlights. Deserves another year.

only 2 years younger than Lyon,

now those of you who keep saying Matai had potential!

Now Lyon played Test footy for Australia at 21, NOW thats POTENTIAL!

Matai has a dig and gives it a go. However his decision making is poor and his mistake rate is woeful. He has enormous potential. I would like to think he will dig in and give things a shot with us.

However if we have one or two other stars who 'give it a go' but are being paid overs or just don't justify their places. Talent is also an ingredient to be a top footy player.

let Matai go, too many mistakes cost us points!!! He won't improve as a player... old cliche' that a leopard doesn't change their spots

boys boys boys... Steve Bell will be retiring within a couple of years, so we should keep Matai until then. By the time Bell retires, Matai would have matured so much he could be a very good centre.

keep a bloke to cover someone who may retire in three years ????

im not against Keeping the Bloke, but thats not the reason why!

its a bit like, lets start storing lemonade in case someone discovers that cars can run on lemonade and in three years it may be worth a fortune!

i do admire your loyalty though Gotsy!

Matai will be a good player, if given time

He has big potential, and you can see he puts in every week. Give him some high level coaching and he could turn into a damn good player

He has missed out on all the structured development you guys have, such as ball, flegg, matthews etc. There is no system over here at all, so what you are seeing now is a very raw player, he is making some mistakes, but ****, he has done some bloody good things for us this year too

has a dig and gives it a go. However his decision making is poor and his mistake rate is woeful. He has enormous potential. I would like to think he will dig in and give things a shot with us.

Could that have been an assessment of Watmough 2-3 years back ? Yes imo, and that is also the reason i would keep him, Watmough learnt off some class people and got a hell of a lot better fast

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2