Mason Belittles Female Reporter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Controversial Bulldogs forward Willie Mason has left a female radio reporter severely distressed after mocking her throughout a media session with Sydney-based Australian Test players.

2GB's Michelle Keighran was at Sydney Airport to conduct a series of interviews with players headed to Brisbane for Friday night's Anzac Test when Mason allegedly began belittling her.

She claimed the big forward loudly rejected her request for a one-on-one interview before making childish noises in the background and showing a lack of respect as she spoke to the other players.

"I've interviewed a lot of footballers and I’ve never encountered behaviour like that," a clearly upset Keighran said.

"I've got a four-year-old and I'd sit him in the corner if he carried on like that."

2GB radio host Andrew Moore, who was on air at the time, labelled Mason an 'imbecile' and a 'halfwit'.

Mason's position in the Australian team is unlikely to be jeopardised by the incident, although the Australian Rugby League will launch an investigation.

The airport controversy is just the latest drama to envelope Mason, who has publicly stated a desire to captain Australia

watching the Bulldogs players Carry on is like the sequel to Dumb and Dumber but just a lot more funny!

Great publicity for their club and sponsors as a follow up to the Dunny Bill Williams incident,

watching the Bulldogs players Carry on is like the sequel to Dumb and Dumber but just a lot more funny!

Great publicity for their club and sponsors as a follow up to the Dunny Bill Williams incident,

That's gold JK. Gold. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mason is a great player.

The Bulldogs are a great team.

They are a shoe in for the premiership this year.

What a top bloke, he's on the footy show preaching as a role model to your children you know.

Spare me....

I fell off my chair laughing when he suggested he wanted to Captain Australia and this just proves a point. Almost as ridiculous as his suggestion that Sonny Bill should Captain the Kiwis.

Captaincy requires a certain responsibility and class.

Why do these sort of incidents continue to emanate out of the Dog Kennel?

The Coffs Harbour incident will give you an indication on their opinion of women.

What's the bet thought that the Thursday Night Footy Show this week has a segment defending the Big Dick.

However racist though I'm sure most their supporters base will agree with what he did.

Uncovered rotting meat...

Look Mason is a tool, but really you'd have to wonder about the reporter if a bit of immature carry on like this "reduces her to tears". FFS toughen up.

I suppose she acheived her aim and she has got some pretty sweet revenge now, but seriously this sort of behaviour does nothing to forward the cause of the working women.

Pigs.

Do you think a football players ganging up on a female reporter making stupid comments while she tries to do her job is acceptable?

How about, these kinds of comments to a woman are just ****ing degrading and don't need to be said at a all.

What if it was your wife???

My wife would tell him to pull his head in and stop carrying on like a tool. Just like you or I would if you were the reporter. All he did was "make childish noises" and carry on like a four year old as she claimed. And where does it say that they "ganged up on her". And what were these degrading comments ?? No I don't want to give you an interview because you work for 2GB ??

Mate if there is more to it, and they did get personal or threaten her in any manner than I agree with your comments. But if it is just like she said above, Mason carrying on like a halfwit, than she doesn't need you getting on your soapbox and carrying on like it's the crime of the century. Anyway the last laugh is on Willie now that it's public.

She's a woman mate the comments or anything he did don't need doing in the first place. And if she is upset by it than who are we to judge? Personally if a lady is upset by a footballers or any man's unnecessary comments and constant harassment than I wouldn't expect to hear someone say toughen up. But that must be your style.

I heard the interview with the reporter on 2KY and she confirmed there was no swearing or verbal abuse involved, only childish behaviour. All she said was that he interrupted her interviews with BK2, Hindmarsh and Jamie Lyon with a bad impersonation of a footy caller (Hadley I presume) and rejected her request for an interview with a very loud rejection along the lines of "You, why would I want to be interviewed by you". She suggested the players were embarrassed by the way he carried on.

She's a woman mate the comments or anything he did don't need doing in the first place. And if she is upset by it than who are we to judge? Personally if a lady is upset by a footballers or any man's unnecessary comments and constant harassment than I wouldn't expect to hear someone say toughen up. But that must be your style.

It's the nature of the business she is in though. Woman or not, if she intending on being a sports journalist then she should know that dealing with footy players isn't always going to be easy, and sometimes they'll be rude.

I mean, she's got to ask tough questions of people as well - how is she going to handle a REAL tough situation if she can't take a gentle ribbing from someone like Mason?

She's in the wrong job if this is all true. Though I wouldn't put it past someone like Hadley to have sensationalised it to the point where original events are barely recognisable. What are the odds that she thought Mason was childish and he made her interviews a bit harder etc, and she mentioned it to her superior...who brought it to the attention to Hadley...who went "we can f*ck with Willie on this one. Hey Michelle, would you go along with it if we cooked up a story about you breaking down in tears?"

2 points.

Mason is a ****wit, we all know that, things like this just make him look the tool that he is.

If this reporter was a bloke, Flip you would have a field day if he cried and rang the NRL about it. What ever happened to equality??

She needs to toughen up and Mason needs to grow up.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4