• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I can't believe the tackle that Marty made on Campbell Graham hasn't received greater attention post match.

One of the best I've ever seen on a try line. It looked for all money Graham would crash over. Sometimes we just underestimate Marty's freakish strength.

(I was going to entitle this thread "Marty's tackle" but didn't want to give you buggers any encouragement.....Hahaha)

It was an amazing stop, he had a few poor plays but never dropped his head and that stop on Murray was absolute strength and determination on show.

Didn't get enough coverage as he isn't a Victor Radley but there would be a very small number of players that could do that.

So thankful he wears our jersey

Shows the desperation Des has instilled in the boys regarding defence.
He has taught them the importance of it.
It's an incredibly important ingredient to a team that can be low on experience and top line players across the park.
Even lesser lights can bypass their lack of ability by raising their intensity in defence...

Shows the desperation Des has instilled in the boys regarding defence.
Also evident when Souths got that loose ball after we'd been attacking and their right side speedsters got in the clear. I think it was Garrick initially screaming across from the far side that slowed them and Parker (?) tackled from behind. Then we got enough players back to ensure they had to throw the extra pass to score on the left, which they botched. That was another example of fantastic desperation in defence.

The Impressive Factor is Murrey though not a massive frame, has unbelievable power and scores that 999 out of 1000 times....a pure show of raw strength was great, but like the Manly side across the entire team on the day....it showed how much Marty wanted the win and this play typified why Manly won against the odds.

I can't believe the tackle that Marty made on Campbell Graham hasn't received greater attention post match.

One of the best I've ever seen on a try line. It looked for all money Graham would crash over. Sometimes we just underestimate Marty's freakish strength.

(I was going to entitle this thread "Marty's tackle" but didn't want to give you buggers any encouragement.....Hahaha)
What a tackle . I have never seen one like that before . A defender needed brute strength to pull of try saving tackle like that and as we all know Kappow has the power

Despite his physical strength which is a big part of his running the ball and being able to fend off or bump off defenders, Marty isn't really known for his strong defence.

But that tackle was just pure determination to not allow Murray to score. He score's that try and the outcome could have been different because only a few metres to the right of the posts, even with his off day Reynolds would likely have kicked the goal.

That tackle, and Jake's on Graham, were game changers.

Last edited:
Also evident when Souths got that loose ball after we'd been attacking and their right side speedsters got in the clear. I think it was Garrick initially screaming across from the far side that slowed them and Parker (?) tackled from behind. Then we got enough players back to ensure they had to throw the extra pass to score on the left, which they botched. That was another example of fantastic desperation in defence.

yep is was concrete boots parker that got him in the end (note that he didn't close but didn't lose distance over about 50m)

Despite his physical strength which is a big part of his running the ball and being able to fend off or bump off defenders, Marty isn't really known for his strong defence.

But that tackle was just pure determination to not allow Murray to score. He score's that try and the outcome could have been different because only a few metres to the right of the posts, even with his off day Reynolds would likely have kicked the goal.

That tackle, and Jake's on Graham, were game changers.
Sam Burgess scored the next set after the penalty anyway but the tackle itself would have been a confidence booster for the big man. Both he and AFB kept demanding the ball for a big run even when they both seemed shot late in the match.

His passion was on show again when he had to go off for a HIA. Could see how frustrated he was when he punched the ground. Good to see Chez go over and talk to him to keep him in a good space of mind.

86286C6D-B981-44D1-BF60-950EF9C6E00B.jpeg

Has been a pillow for too long, I’m happy for him not to play again till he packs his cornrows and goes and mails it in for someone else

He and keppie are both non-events

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4