Marty..OMG

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
Heard an interview today anf big Marty threw out that many phenomenals and Legacies that even though i have been a fan of this guy i was woken up..
Asked about joining the Donkeys he sounded like a Nazi propaganda machine in full fight.
Phenomenal coaching staff
Phenomenal facilities
Phenomenal young talent
Phenomenal front row forwards
Phenomenal back room staff and support
Happy to be party of a LEGACY.. ( what legacy, he has been there 5 minutes and they havnt won anything ( yet and still to be seen)
He was asked a question about how lucky he was having played with DCE and now with Reynolds as they are great talents and match winners and all Marty could say was how good Reynolds is and how much of him being a man you want to have as a match winner.. did he suddenly get amnesia...
I know things didn't end to well for him at Manly but seriously does this guy not think he was a huge part of why we didn't actually succeed while he was here.. all he did was talk it up and then it was mostly about himself.. predicting premierships because he's turned up..
Seriously the guy sounded like an absolute flog.

When he started talking about how happy he was to be at the broncos and how he would need to step up to be part of a "legacy" i laughed so hard i nearly **** myself.. the only thing that saved me was it was like watching a car wreck as he kept bringing up Phenomenal this Phenomenal that.. What Legacy is he talking about i was thinking, but he kept bringing it up. .LMFAO
He also has a name change which i understand, as its the right thing to do..call the guy by his actual name ( sounds like ...Toou poou oh).. now that's all great but how is this going to work with his " look at me ego" and his never ending campaign as "Team Kapow".. not sure that works anymore Marty.

So sad... to say i was dissapointed when we let him go even though his best years were behind him and i was a fan but the guy isn't a winner because he needs to convince everyone he talks to and that's including himself that he is a winner. Earn the right first then people will talk you up not the other way round.

There’s a phenomenon in Rugby League that as soon as you sign with the Broncos,it’s amazing how good a player you become in the eyes of the Brisbane media,despite how putrid your performances have been in the previous seasons

New signing talks up new club.....ground breaking!

Seriously what do you expect? Imagine if Copper Johns was like. "Yeah my career was on the scrap heap but then I got offered a deal at Manly. Ideally I would have stayed at the Storm but I had no choice. The Club is no Storm but its fine"

Now replace Cooper, Manly and Storm with Marty, Brisbane and Manly.....ridiculous right?

I swear we jump at shadows in here.

Good luck to Marty, we both needed to move on.

Marty lost his Kapow 4 years ago.
Not intimidating and should be, as he is a Beast of a man.
He lost me when carrying on about being his own product, giving himself more importance then Manly as a footy team.
I don't wish bad on him, but don't see him as a loss at all....in fact I think we have a better pack this year with young bucks, more dummy half options and edge backrower Tuilagi.

New signing talks up new club.....ground breaking!

Seriously what do you expect? Imagine if Copper Johns was like. "Yeah my career was on the scrap heap but then I got offered a deal at Manly. Ideally I would have stayed at the Storm but I had no choice. The Club is no Storm but its fine"

Now replace Cooper, Manly and Storm with Marty, Brisbane and Manly.....ridiculous right?

I swear we jump at shadows in here.

Good luck to Marty, we both needed to move on.
Yeah i get that and that's what you would expect and I've heard lots of interviews with new club players but nothing like this, i was actually happy to hear the interview when it was promoed but then found myself thinking.. what a flog..reminded me of his we will win the premiership now that I'm here when he joined us.. obviously hasn't learnt anything..IMO
The way he spoke you would think he just joined St George in the middle of their 11 straight and he was their to continue it 🙄🤣😂

Last edited:
There have been issues and disconnects in our squad for some time. Marty would have left some time back if anyone would have matched the coin.

Martys comments reflect this, and the lack of leadership in the group

if he plays better footy it says just as much about our old team as it does for marty

he was a stats man as were many in our team. He did what he had to do to be selected and not much more. That was telling and on des IMO. Moneyball is about recruiting not performance

Yeah i get that and that's what you would expect and I've heard lots of interviews with new club players but nothing like this, i was actually happy to hear the interview when it was promoed but then found myself thinking.. what a flog..reminded me of his we will win the premiership now that I'm here when he joined us.. obviously hasn't learnt anything..IMO
The way he spoke you would think he just joined St George in the middle of their 11 straight and he was their to continue it 🙄🤣😂
ha ha..you may have missed his first interview after his first training session, and said he's taking it upon himself to mentor/take under his wing the young Broncs up and coming forwards. Where was this gesture from Marty in his last few years with us. Interview finishes with shots of Marty show boating and show ponying around the field waving at the spectators...real cringeworthy stuff, ugh !!

I'm just happy he's no longer collecting massive $$$ for his mediocre ( at best ) efforts.

And also happy I don't have to scream " don't pass it " every time he spins in the tackle and considers a flop back offload and also happy not to say " don't drop it " every time he rises to his feet to play the ball.

He can say we're worse run than the Wests Tigers and take a slash on the turf at Brookie in his comeback game for all I care.

I'm just happy he's no longer collecting massive $$$ for his mediocre ( at best ) efforts.

And also happy I don't have to scream " don't pass it " every time he spins in the tackle and considers a flop back offload and also happy not to say " don't drop it " every time he rises to his feet to play the ball.

He can say we're worse run than the Wests Tigers and take a slash on the turf at Brookie in his comeback game for all I care.
He's a real pro tho, when in a new contract year he'd put a bit extra into every game, just enough to get the coach interested again.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6