Manly's Sports Science Unit To Be Audited

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe this wonderful Labor Govt will have the Crime Commission launch a national investigation into Union fraud.
They could even gather all the heads of the Unions, have them come together as one and commit to completely ridding corruption from within their ranks.

Something tells me I'm more likely to drop of the perch before that happens.

Sure there's rotten apples in every sport but IMHO, the media circus this morning was designed to get the PM's woes off of the front pages of the nations newspapers.

I wonder if Gillard is about to be charged for her role in the AWU scandal?

Firstly, like all on here I sincerely hope Manly are not involved in any drug scandal. This would suck but if guilty the people involved should pay the price whatever that is.
Questions: If there was any systematic drug use at Manly iduring 2008 who actually goes down? Will it be all involved eg, doctors, players, coaches?
If players are given stuff in drinks etc. that they have been misinformed about are they guilty?
If the investigation took place last year which time period did that include, the 2012 season or several years?
I will always support Manly but jeez it would be a big storm to weather if cheating allegations come our way.

WAMF said:
Maybe this wonderful Labor Govt will have the Crime Commission launch a national investigation into Union fraud.
They could even gather all the heads of the Unions, have them come together as one and commit to completely ridding corruption from within their ranks.

Something tells me I'm more likely to drop of the perch before that happens.

Sure there's rotten apples in every sport but IMHO, the media circus this morning was designed to get the PM's woes off of the front pages of the nations newspapers.

I wonder if Gillard is about to be charged for her role in the AWU scandal?

Funny that!!

Seriously, where's the proof of the widespread infiltration of organised crime into Australian sport? (If any Australian sport is suspect here it'd have to be cricket - international bookmakers don't give a stuff about AFL or rugby league.) And where's the proof of the widespread use of performance enhancing drugs?
It's easy for politicians, backed by a hysterical media, to stand up and spout crap, but until specific allegations are made and then proved, it's just another guilt-by-association storm in a teacup.
As for our involvement with "performance guru" Danks, so what? The NRL knew all about the calf's blood bull**** when it happened and gave it the all clear. So why the hell should Manly or any other club have to prove they're clean? How about someone proving they're dirty rather first?

RL Gronk said:
Ok so Paul Kent on the triple m podcast was saying how people in Melbourne were talking about essendons improvement last year, much like manly's between 2006-2010 while dank was here. (Kents words not mine) Kent also went on to say the sharks improved in 2012 after he was there in 2011. What about Canterbury rapid improvement in 2012 I'm surprised no questions are being asked of them they have Des hasler whose motivations for joining the dogs were their financial resources to help him continue to use cutting edge sports science.
The auditors have been to the sharks as well.

Kent is a knob.

If anybody brings it up, ask them this. Without Danks, what was Manlys progress from 2002 to 2005? Now ask the same question about 2006 to 2008? Surely it wasn't the improvement in the quality of personnel bought into the squad now, would it. :huh:

How did our 09-10 season pan out with him in the system???

The club should take on the media head-on with those statements and force a retreat on the wonton speculation they fuel.

From the telecrap online, bottom of a article:

"A former Manly player who was at the club during Dank's time there said there was nothing suspicious about the supplements the team took during that period.

``There was nothing untoward that I remember and I was never asked to take anything that I didn't know about, and I wasn't injected with anything suspicious,'' the player told AAP.

``It was all good when I was there, Danksy was a smart guy who knew what he was he was doing.

``I never came across peptides or anything like that.''

Hamster Huey said:
RL Gronk said:
Ok so Paul Kent on the triple m podcast was saying how people in Melbourne were talking about essendons improvement last year, much like manly's between 2006-2010 while dank was here. (Kents words not mine) Kent also went on to say the sharks improved in 2012 after he was there in 2011. What about Canterbury rapid improvement in 2012 I'm surprised no questions are being asked of them they have Des hasler whose motivations for joining the dogs were their financial resources to help him continue to use cutting edge sports science.
The auditors have been to the sharks as well.

Kent is a knob.

If anybody brings it up, ask them this. Without Danks, what was Manlys progress from 2002 to 2005? Now ask the same question about 2006 to 2008? Surely it wasn't the improvement in the quality of personnel bought into the squad now, would it. :huh:

How did our 09-10 season pan out with him in the system???

The club should take on the media head-on with those statements and force a retreat on the wonton speculation they fuel.

I don't know who Kent was talking about in Melbourne, but they aren't too smart because Essendon were crap last year. If anything they went backwards so too liken the Bombers 2012 which is only highlighted by a record amount of soft tissue injuries to Manlys form in and around 08 is such a long blow that Robin Hood couldn't do it.

Manly say they have nothing to hide
7-2-13 at 08:20 PM
By Ian McCullough and Joe Barton
Manly's head of strength and conditioning Donny Singe is adamant nothing untoward has taken place in the NRL club's sports science department.
The well-respected Singe, a former lower-grade player with the club, was recruited by former coach Des Hasler in 2003.
Sport scientist Stephen Dank worked under Singe at Manly from 2006 until 2010, before joining AFL club Essendon, who this week became the subject of an anti-doping probe over possible misuse of supplements.
Dank has denied any wrongdoing and Singe said his department, which was investigated by independent auditors Deloitte on Thursday, had done nothing wrong.
The probe followed the findings from the Australian Crime Commission investigation on Thursday that's engulfed professional sport in this country.
"What we are dealing with here is a couple of individuals who are being investigated for a process they have followed," Singe said on Thursday.
"I wouldn't want to comment on what that process is. But from my point of view at this club, we've always followed the rules to the letter with ASADA.
"I was Des' right-hand man and I am very confident we have done nothing wrong under my watch."
Manly have been at the cutting edge of sports science in the NRL, including using calves' blood to treat soft tissue injuries.
Singe said he's proud of the club's recent achievements, which culminated in two premierships in the past six years, and the right protocols have always followed.
"I've had the privilege of working with some very experienced and capable players and we have a strong trust relationship," he said.
"I'm involved in all our processes. As for supplementation, every club uses them. Ours is BSC.
"In terms of the medical aspects, our former doctor Dr Paul Bloomfield and the physio worked very closely to ensure everything was above board.
"We all know about the calves' blood and we all know it was legal.
"But we don't use it any more as there was not enough merit in it."
Singe said it would be almost impossible for players to have drugs or injections administered outside of their clubs without raising suspicion.
"If you were injecting outside of your medical team and outside of the club's guidelines, then I would be very surprised," he said.
"Players talk all the time - it's a network. It comes down to a very commonsense attitude. It's a duty of care.
"At my club, the head coach I had at the time and the head coach I have now, they are very particular people. We are always safeguarding our players."
Current coach Geoff Toovey welcomed the investigation and said his club has nothing to hide.
"It was a decision from the NRL and we're fully participating and cooperating," Toovey told AAP on Thursday.
"We'll do whatever necessary to ensure the sport in general is as clean as possible. We believe that is a must in our sport.
"As far as we're concerned, we've never had a problem here and we follow all procedures and protocols that have been put in place by the league."

voicefromthehill said:
globaleagle said:
Also, I checked, and the sky hasn't fallen this morning.
But you are on the other side of the world - you are still in yesterday, when you get up tomorrow it will have fallen

Bugger :(

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/it-affects-more-than-one-player-at-more-than-one-club--smith-20130207-2e1hn.html

According to this it seems the ACC/NRL have evidence on certain undisclosed players and clubs - Time will tell, but I am starting to get a bit more concerned that we have been so prominent in all of this.

BE, that was me this morning on twitter asking about paul k*nt.
i think i finally figured out twitter?

Wishful thinking i know but. What if we are the decoy to lull another club or players not under scrutiny into a false sense of security. We are the obvious first stop given the association with Dank but im not convinced we are the target, as its been too obvious.

Brookie said:
BE, that was me this morning on twitter asking about paul k*nt.
i think i finally figured out twitter?
if he supposedly know,s the names of players,that he claims,then he should be made to name them

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2